It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street combat breaks out after El Chapo's son taken into custody in Culiacán

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Many people seem to think that the US and Mexican governments dealing with drugs is about helping and protecting the average person.

What a misconception.

I don't think that!

Not for one NY second do I think that!!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Do you think the war on drugs in America is about the betterment for the average person or about making money for governments and jobs for the police.

The execution of the war on drugs is pathetic and I believe it is purposeful. It is not a war, it is a business.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Legalize drugs. Take the big money out of it. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Still big money, just being made by a different group. But that group might not be killers.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No, I don't think that.

There's really two arguments here though...

1. The incompetence of the US Government to execute virtually anything successfully.

2. The war on drugs in particular being intentionally unsuccessful because of the money and crooked politicians and 3 letter agencies involved.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Legalize drugs. Take the big money out of it. Problem solved.

I don't think that will work, not in the USA anyway. It might have worked in the 1970's, but not now.

Our society now is too immature to not fall into epidemic addiction were drugs to be legalized. Right now society in the US is too immature and absolutely needs a 'nanny-state' to survive.
edit on 10/18/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Mexican military and Sinaloa cartel members hanging out together.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Again, not surprised.

That's been an open secret since the 80's, maybe longer. Those rumors we've all heard of Mexican special forces operating on, or across the border in the US? Looks to be slightly more than just a rumor, doesn't it??

Casus Belli??? This is much more an immediate threat to the security of the US than any ME event, outside of someone dropping a nuke.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Agreed. The Mexican drug cartels get their weapons and training directly from the Mexican armed forces.

It might actually be time to militarize the border with live ammunition and orders to use deadly force.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wow. They got beat back by the cartel? Holy crap!

Only thing that would stop them (aside from legalizing what they're fighting over)... are superheroes with real superpowers.
Change my mind.
edit on 10/18/2019 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
VIDEO: Ovidio Guzman Lopez to thank President Obrador for releasing him

Hoy a las 2pm hora de #Culiacán, la familia de Ovidio Guzmán López, hijo de 'El Chapo' Guzmán, dará un mensaje de gratitud al presidente @lopezobrador_ por haberlo liberado.

Translation:

Today at 2pm time of # Culiacán, the family of Ovidio Guzmán López, son of 'El Chapo' Guzmán, will give a message of gratitude to the president @lopezobrador_ for having released him.

edit on 10 18 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

No, I don't think that.

There's really two arguments here though...

1. The incompetence of the US Government to execute virtually anything successfully.

2. The war on drugs in particular being intentionally unsuccessful because of the money and crooked politicians and 3 letter agencies involved.

In the mid 80's my squadron shared a hangar with DEA and Customs. One evening over a few beers a senior DEA guy told me about legalizing drugs to get the big money out of it. What he said after that goes along the lines of what you are saying. The exact quote was "It will never happen. There's too much money to be made in selling them and too much to be made in fighting them and both sides make campaign contributions."

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

And you know, the whole thing would collapse if the drug prohibition were ended, with the stroke of a pen.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: seagull

Agreed. The Mexican drug cartels get their weapons and training directly from the Mexican armed forces.

It might actually be time to militarize the border with live ammunition and orders to use deadly force.

Nah, the weapons are sent from the US with a "Yours truly" note, didn't you know?

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

If Democrats take over America, expect to see this duplicated in the USA:

To save themselves, the surrounded Mexican officials released Chapito back to the cartels.

Now the world has even more evidence that Mexican President Lopez-Obrador has no control over the peace and security of Mexico.

The cartels are in charge.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com... uld-kill-officials/

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's ridiculous that the US goes half the world away and fights people for "regional stability" when we have a festering boil right at our doorstep.

The only stability Americans are fighting for overseas is stability of the American dollar and the American way of life.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Why go to Iraq and Syria when the best use of our tax money is to Invade Mexico, because Cartels have weapons of mass destruction, ya know.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

Why go to Iraq and Syria when the best use of our tax money is to Invade Mexico, because Cartels have weapons of mass destruction, ya know.

Yeah, the US can't fight itself... Imagine that, on the one hand they provide the guns and money, on the other hand they kill the same people they sent the money and guns to.. Ouroboros!

LMFAO!
edit on 21-10-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: Heruactic

Yeah, the US can't fight itself... Imagine that, on the one hand they provide the guns and money, on the other hand they kill the same people they sent the money and guns to.. Ouroboros!

LMFAO!

This little gem did the rounds here a while ago, it really sums the middle east up nicely, and can be applied to other cluster#s the U.S military find themselves in.

edit on 21-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
So true!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join