It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street combat breaks out after El Chapo's son taken into custody in Culiacán

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The government of Culiacán has now said to stay calm and to stay indoors until further notice and that all three political parties are working on a solution to try and stop all this

Street combat breaks out after El Chapo's son taken into custody in Culiacán

Combat between government authorities and Sinaloa Cartel members has broken out in Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico after the capture of Ovidio Guzman Lopez, El Chapo Guzman's son.

All I have is this twitter link of a Mexican-American who lives in the area.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Video of Sinaloa cartel members gearing up for an assault:

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This is my shocked face...

🤷‍♂️

They've had decades to clean this up, and didn't, or wouldn't.

Not that this country is innocent, given that this is the cartels largest market.

I'm sorry for the innocents caught in the middle of this, but that's as far as my sympathy goes.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The REAL war on drugs.

Mexico needs to man up and get some balls, but they are drunk on all that drug money.

They need to go hard against the cartels like the US did against organized crime back in the day.

It should be met with nothing less than total, military, force.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Reuters Top News
@Reuters
JUST IN: Mexican security forces let 'El Chapo' Guzman's son go free, retreated to protect lives - security minister. More reut.rs...

Breaking News is that the Mexican forces have released him (el Chapo's son) and retreated
edit on 17/10/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's ridiculous that the US goes half the world away and fights people for "regional stability" when we have a festering boil right at our doorstep.

If it weren't for the deep ties with the cartels and our government. If we were serious about "regional stability" we'd be running military operations against the cartels(full on, bombing runs and all) with(preferably) or without the mexican governments approval.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The Mexican military folds like origami.
The cartels look pretty well armed but they should be no match for a trained military force.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wow. They got beat back by the cartel? Holy crap!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I see no reason the US should not be allowed to bomb cartel strongholds. Scorch the growing fields, level the homes of cartel leaders. Level all their operations. This could all be done in a couple of hours and it's over. Nothing Mexico could do about it. It's over. Want to ramp it up again then bomb them again. China would have done this 20 years ago and nobody would have said a word in dealing with their borders.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
. Card decks with the faces of the leadership in the cartel. Drone high profile homes where they know the cartel is. Declare the cartel enemies of the country “declare war”. Make being in the cartel punishable by death, helping the cartel not under duress punishable by death and taking money from the cartel punishable by death. Curfew 8 at night for all of Mexico. Have the police get all the low level guys and have them executed live on tv as Mexican traitors. Ban music that promotes cartel life. Become extremely ruthless, watch bank transactions, hold their family’s in prison! Shoot down their planes and destroy their boats! Show a list of cartel members faces on tv everyday with a reward for their capture. Freeze the cartels bank accounts world wide!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's ridiculous that the US goes half the world away and fights people for "regional stability" when we have a festering boil right at our doorstep.

If it weren't for the deep ties with the cartels and our government. If we were serious about "regional stability" we'd be running military operations against the cartels(full on, bombing runs and all) with(preferably) or without the mexican governments approval.

If the Mexican army really wanted to take them out, they would be all gone by now

Problem is, everyone knows the US and the Mexican government pretty much created the narcos some time ago. It's a joke to think they would really kill them off, because there's a purpose for them all along

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The Mexican military folds like origami.
The cartels look pretty well armed but they should be no match for a trained military force.

Unless that army doesn't show up at all

It was more like the cartels against local police, not the real army

Why wasn't there a massive operation from the actual army? Nothing happened it was just like they let the local city cops handle it and even after several hours no planes, no helicopters, anything at all?

Even one of the videos shows some army guys trying to figure out how to handle it, and they are like 10 guys tops!

Ridiculous

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
www.borderlandbeat.com...

Local media reports that early versions indicate that these clashes were allegedly due to the capture of the son of "El Chapo" Guzmán, so armed commandos tried to rescue him and attacked military unit vans.

"There is a shooting, a strong confrontation at this time, we do not know how many dead there are," said the author of the video.

I used to have friends in Mexico... The Cartels are well organized... They know where every cop or military person not on the take is and even what they are doing many times.

When you hear about a sucessful military operation it is usually IMO because another cartel (A) paid the commander of the military to remove their competition (B). (B) is caught off guard because they were paying every month and thought they were safe.. Money talks on both sides of the border.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

I agree completely.

This is truly disgusting beyond words!

If this isn't proof positive of governmental support (both Mexico AND the US) for the Mexican drug cartels, I don't know what is.

These murdering drug cartel thugs could be laid to waste if authorities were actually serious stopping them. And to see gangsters like this being released out of pure fear is proof authorities are not serious, else this could never be allowed to happen.

The US could easily go in there, unilaterally, and fire bomb the drug fields, but the 3 letter agencies would have none of this! The source of their money for their incessant meddling and mass manipulation would be at risk.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

twitter.com...

It's a sad day when a cartel enforcer can have a drum magazine and I can't.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Reuters Top News
@Reuters
JUST IN: Mexican security forces let 'El Chapo' Guzman's son go free, retreated to protect lives - security minister. More reut.rs...

Breaking News is that the Mexican forces have released him (el Chapo's son) and retreated

Left over from he days of French influence in Mexico. I imagine they will break out the white flags soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: projectvxn

twitter.com...

It's a sad day when a cartel enforcer can have a drum magazine and I can't.

Nothing quite like getting hopped up on coke, grabbing a couple of drum mags and going out to teach the locals a lesson. It makes a person's life have a purpose.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What the heck has their government been doing man , besides taking cartel money Cartels riding around with a 50 CAL in the back of a truck thats not normal.

The yearly death toll is about the same or more as freakin warzones.

Its safe to say the Mexican government lost this war , if they gotta release prisoners because otherwise everyone gets shot up.

edit on 18-10-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Many people seem to think that the US and Mexican governments dealing with drugs is about helping and protecting the average person.

What a misconception.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I see no reason the US should not be allowed to bomb cartel strongholds. Scorch the growing fields, level the homes of cartel leaders. Level all their operations. This could all be done in a couple of hours and it's over. Nothing Mexico could do about it.

Yeah, forget that they are a sovereign nation, we're 'Murica after all!

Dumbasses...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join