It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My grandmother taught me two wrongs dont make a right when I was very young

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Where does it say pregnant wife ?

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman, touched it, talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Funny if you think about it... how does the us even have a seat?

Oh sweet Christ... the US has as clean a human rights track record as any other nation on Earth. Enough of the virtue signalling crap, it's unbecoming and looks ridiculous.

There is nothing we can ever do that is ever going to fix the Middle East. The promised land was full of people when the chosen people showed up. It's been Hell and War ever since. The Middle East is a complete waste of time and money. Arabs have been killing Arabs since the beginning of time. It's NEVER going to change.

Why are you creating a new thread rather than responding to wherever this came from?

So if your statement is true why has the goof troop decided any movement to withdraw in Syria is a big problem?

Why did you respond. You could have ignored the thread.

I thought talking about the endless war needed its own thread. I did not want to hijack the other one. Another thing my grandmother taught me was how to be kind and considerate of other people.

Yes, but you quoted another member and thread as part of your OP which seems odd to me. I asked why. Not knowing what thread it was in I had no idea if it was hijacking. In addition your clickbait thread title has no indicator what it was about.

I think endless war is a fine topic. My question still stands.

RE: Why are you creating a new thread rather than responding to wherever this came from?

I did not want to hijack the other thread. I thought I was being polite.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So you think it's funny. No wonder your avatar pic is vampire. You are NOT a human being.

From the referenced LA Times article:

"Nearly 50 bodies could be seen Friday in the area of the alleged airstrike, where relatives helped recover remains.

One man approached a bag that contained the body of a pregnant woman, touched it, talked to it, then began to cry and wail. Civil defense workers had to lead him away.

In a nearby garage where bodies were being stored, another man who lost 32 relatives tried to identify them based on what had been recovered: some government identification cards, a brown wallet and a black purse. But he started to sob, and had to step outside, sit on the curb and hang his head."

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
The US is bad...mkay.

No, US foreign policy is bad.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
I'll take you seriously when you show the same outrage over actual widows. Specifically the ones who's spouses gave up everything so you could continue to despise yourself and country.

Until then, it's a laughable matter.

(post by dfnj2015 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Likely because he thought the solids point was worth discussing and didn’t want it to get lost, or derail the Op

Well genius, putting a quote from another member from another thread without bothering to link it to show it in context has in fact made the point get derailed. Aside from that I'm not even sure it's allowed under T&C.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Oh sweet Christ... the US has as clean a human rights track record as any other nation on Earth. Enough of the virtue signalling crap, it's unbecoming and looks ridiculous.

The picture below is of a man who's pregnant wife was killed by US bombings in the Middle East. I'm not sure the US has any authority or moral high ground when it comes to talking about human rights.

More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign

TRUMP HAS DROPPED RECORD NUMBER OF BOMBS ON MIDDLE EAST

"the U.S. has already dropped 32,801 bombs, compared with 30,743 in 2016."

US 'war on terror' has killed over half a million people: study

IT’S TIME FOR AMERICA TO RECKON WITH THE STAGGERING DEATH TOLL OF THE POST-9/11 WARS

"Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions."

I'm not sure any American has any authority whatsoever to talk about human rights in the World. At best, we Americans need to become experts on how to beg for forgiveness from God for what our government has done. My grandmother taught me from an early age that two wrongs don't make a right.

There is nothing we can ever do that is ever going to fix the Middle East. The promised land was full of people when the chosen people showed up. It's been Hell and War ever since. The Middle East is a complete waste of time and money. Arabs have been killing Arabs since the beginning of time. It's NEVER going to change.

During WWII we purposely bombed the French railroads and killed about 30K civilians. It halted the German's movement. They would have killed a lot more than 30K I assure you.

You could never be a General or a field officer with your mentality. You'd be dead and get a lot more killed than you intended to save. Grateful you never served and have no intention of getting involved in something way beyond your capacity of understanding.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I'll take you seriously when you show the same outrage over actual widows. Specifically the ones who's spouses gave up everything so you could continue to despise yourself and country.

Them too! What is wrong with you. Why do you think it's okay for a million people to be killed for any reason!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What's wrong with me? Hah!

Who's exploiting dead civilians for political points and justification on the interwebs?

Before lashing out over conflict from your faux outrage, take a long look in the mirror bud

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

The picture below is of a man who's pregnant wife was killed by US bombings in the Middle East. I'm not sure the US has any authority or moral high ground when it comes to talking about human rights.

More than 200 civilians killed in suspected U.S. airstrike in Iraq

TRUMP HAS DROPPED RECORD NUMBER OF BOMBS ON MIDDLE EAST

"the U.S. has already dropped 32,801 bombs, compared with 30,743 in 2016."

US 'war on terror' has killed over half a million people: study

IT’S TIME FOR AMERICA TO RECKON WITH THE STAGGERING DEATH TOLL OF THE POST-9/11 WARS

"Brown University’s Costs of War Project this month released a new estimate of the total death toll from the U.S. wars in three countries: Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The numbers, while conservatively estimated, are staggering. Brown’s researchers estimate that at least 480,000 people have been directly killed by violence over the course of these conflicts, more than 244,000 of them civilians. In addition to those killed by direct acts violence, the number of indirect deaths — those resulting from disease, displacement, and the loss of critical infrastructure — is believed to be several times higher, running into the millions."

I'm not sure any American has any authority whatsoever to talk about human rights in the World. At best, we Americans need to become experts on how to beg for forgiveness from God for what our government has done. My grandmother taught me from an early age that two wrongs don't make a right.

During WWII we purposely bombed the French railroads and killed about 30K civilians. It halted the German's movement. They would have killed a lot more than 30K I assure you.

You could never be a General or a field officer with your mentality. You'd be dead and get a lot more killed than you intended to save. Grateful you never served and have no intention of getting involved in something way beyond your capacity of understanding.

I cannot argue with your logic. This a big difference between now and the WWII. You tell me how do we know when we have won the war? How many Arabs have to die before 9/11 is avenged? One million, two million, three. All of them?

So after we genocide the Arabs in the Middle East you will be happy. Or, show me some backbone and tell me when is enough enough????

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Who's exploiting dead civilians for political points and justification on the interwebs?

Before lashing out over conflict from your faux outrage, take a long look in the mirror bud

Political points???????? Okay, you win. The right is always right.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Likely because he thought the solids point was worth discussing and didn’t want it to get lost, or derail the Op

Well genius, putting a quote from another member from another thread without bothering to link it to show it in context has in fact made the point get derailed. Aside from that I'm not even sure it's allowed under T&C.

Do you don't have to be douche about it. I fixed it. Are you happy now. Probably not.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Case in point.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Again, people put politics before having a moral compass. I just can't imagine anything justifies one million people being killed as part of any acceptable foreign policy. Especially one involving bombing.

“Thous shall not kill" Exodus 20:13

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not sure the US has any authority or moral high ground when it comes to talking about human rights.

Americans have every right and authority to talk about human rights.

Our politicians whoever, do not.

Americans love war. Otherwise there would not be endless war. I think we have some responsibility for what we bring to the World as a country in it.

The left seem to say they hate war, and were so concerned Trump would start WWlll. Now they are moaning because he is pulling troops out of the middle east. I think Trump and most Americans want to start staying out of long wars that they are not involved with, especially in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Case in point.

RE: "Who's exploiting dead civilians for political points"

You really are not a human being. I pity you.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

I am not a betting man, but my bet is that you never brought up anything like this during the Obama admin. If I am incorrect, my apologies.

Although I am a liberal Democrat I did not have any control of the Council of Foreign Relation's recommendations...control over our military.

I've ranted many times it doesn't matter which party gets elected. Lobbyists dictate domestic policy. The CFR dictates foreign policy. Both parties have EXACTLY the same public policies. Sorry if you still think voting matters.

And yet Trump, for the first time in my 50 years has backed out and brought a small amount of troops out of the quagmire. I am assuming you - since it seems you are level headed in that area - have admitted as much. So if so, thank you.
edit on 17-10-2019 by Fools because: ...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not sure the US has any authority or moral high ground when it comes to talking about human rights.

Americans have every right and authority to talk about human rights.

Our politicians whoever, do not.

Americans love war. Otherwise there would not be endless war. I think we have some responsibility for what we bring to the World as a country in it.

The left seem to say they hate war, and were so concerned Trump would start WWlll. Now they are moaning because he is pulling troops out of the middle east. I think Trump and most Americans want to start staying out of long wars that they are not involved with, especially in the middle east.

You are right. What the left is doing complaining about Trump pulling out of the Middle East is everything that is wrong with American politics. I think what Trump is doing is great. The problem is I'm not sure what his motives are since he has a million dollars of interest in Istanbul being used to leverage him. But let's assume it's sincere or by some reason which I don't know. But Trump pulling out of the Middle East is great!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Them too! What is wrong with you. Why do you think it's okay for a million people to be killed for any reason!

It is 100% ok if it saves 1 million and 5. That is why. You would kill 1 million and 5. I'm saving the 5. You lose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join