It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Victory: US Strategy of Backing Opposing Rebel Groups Fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
foreignpolicy.com...

Assad Is Now Syria’s Best-Case Scenario

For past recent years, US agencies have been funding both FSA (Free Syria Army) and the Kurdish YPG, since both were a threat to Assad and Islamic State. Read more about it here: qz.com...

US has been trying to topple Assad since his reelection in 2007. Somehow, despite US funding both sides and US killing some 1,800 civilians in missile strikes and even false flag gas attacks (see worldbeyondwar.org...)

Now Kurds have seen thru the Turkey-vs-America NATO drama, and found refuge in Syria's Assad.

(Erdogan telling Bolton 'Yankee Go Home!' says it all)

No doubt NWO will continue its operation til Assad's defeat indefinitely just like with Putin, but for now, another victory as Assad has grown only stronger, and Assad has the support of virtually all Syrians as well as some 50 countries worldwide and growing, based on the high turnout to recent 61st Damascus International Trade Fair!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: letni

This is good news for the US. It has always been in our best interest as a sovereign nation to have secular leaders who can be negotiated with in power in the Middle East. We screwed up over the past 15 years deposing these secular leaders while assisting zealots who were trying to take over each country as a piece of the caliphate they're trying to rebuild. Nice to see Syria withstood the storm and stands strong. I wish the same could be said for Egypt...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It was not a exclusively US operation. It also involved several European and gulf Emirates nations. In fact, the uae, KSA and turkey technically bankrolled much of it and provided a lot of the psychotics that poured over Turkeys border freely. You will also remember how the majority of ats was vehemently against this until orange man bad took over the news cycle.

Jordan and Qatar provided lots of training and logistical support. Israel provided quite a bit of support as well, as has already been admitted by members of their government and in their newspapers.

I understand America haters want it all to be the big bad USA's fault, but other than the criminal element of our past administrations direct involvement, especially John McCain Is Lindsey Graham and John Kerry this was mostly a joint operation between a handful of Arab and European states.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

qz.com...

Each is backed by a different US agency—the Free Syrian Army (FSA) receives support from the US Central Intelligence Agency, while the Kurdish Popular Defense Units (YPG and YPJ) receive support from the US Department of Defense.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It’s funny how everyone likes to hate on the U.S. for being involved around the world and then we decide we don’t want to be world police and they yell and whine just as much. Since that is the case I prefer our troops come home. Let the world fight its battles without us. Most of the world will hate us either way.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is good news for the US. It has always been in our best interest as a sovereign nation to have secular leaders who can be negotiated with in power in the Middle East. We screwed up over the past 15 years deposing these secular leaders while assisting zealots who were trying to take over each country as a piece of the caliphate they're trying to rebuild. Nice to see Syria withstood the storm and stands strong. I wish the same could be said for Egypt...

Exactly.

The warhawks are willfully ignorant of the fact that the Rebels are mostly jihadists. Several of the groups are openly aligned with al-Qaida. I personally suspect most of them are astroturfed groups controlled by the intelligence agencies of various Western countries.

And don't even get me started on where ISIS came from.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
The warhawks are willfully ignorant of the fact that the Rebels are mostly jihadists.

Don't sell them short, the warhawks know exactly what they're supporting and they have for quite some time.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
OBAMA's policy of creating ISIS and other rebel groups in Syria failed.

Thanks to President Donald J. Trump.

Assad should be in control of Syria not whoever the globalists want.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Arabs killing Arabs. Who would have ever imagined!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Arabs killing Arabs. Who would have ever imagined!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
America not really pull out-
for where is will, is way!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Arabs killing Arabs. Who would have ever imagined?

One could imagine in a perfect world: Methodists really getting after Lutherans in a comedic fashion, or Baptists toilet papering Christian Scientists homes. I would like to see some real ribaldry involving Catholics vs Episcopalians. Good clean fun that could escalate into the action of territory takeovers (LAND GRABS) that result in murder/genocide/refugees.
edit on 17-10-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vnski
America not really pull out-
for where is will, is way

There is always that option of just redeploying troops to the same area if needed (how hard would that be)?!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Al-Assad has always been Syria's best hope.

I have always supported his government and strongly opposed America and indeed my own government's attempts to install yet another barbaric theocracy in the region.

Some truly horrendous things have been done to Syria and her people at the hands of the Western-backed terrorists and those responsible for supporting them should be tried as war criminals.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That's three years old. You can thank the bad orange man btw for pulling the CIA support of FSA. Of course Turkey has plenty of its own money to commit.

top topics

join