It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Ukraine aid held up in part over election probe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Are you sure?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Time out ... I have a question. Why did the President think that Ukraine had the "Crowdstrike" server?

Better question: Why should a "Crowdstrike" server even exist. We know it does, but why?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Everyone knows that what a Presidential candidate should do is pay a lawyer and disclose the expense as "legal services" to the FEC, use that money to hire a foreign intelligence asset to muckrake and contact Russian intelligence assets and officials, and use that information to start a politicized fantasy hitjob on your political opponent.

THAT isn't raising any red flags at all.

When a President wants to see treaty -bound cooperation from another country with an active DOJ investigation into people who solicited foreign election meddling under the auspices of "legal services" or using unsubstainted rumours from Russian FSB and leaking it to the media and trying to frame your opponent -- that investigation is a violation of FEC regulations and crime against humanity and general law and order. Not the stuff being investigated.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Time out ... I have a question. Why did the President think that Ukraine had the "Crowdstrike" server?

Better question: Why should a "Crowdstrike" server even exist. We know it does, but why?

I don't keep up with the Trump-specific conspiracies that much, help me out.

I remember Crowdstrike as the security firm that alleged that the attacks on the DNC were Russian.

What's "the Crowdstrike server"?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

How is that different from the Clinton campaign paying for the Steele Dossier?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You're not dumb. Don't pretend to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: Oraculi
Information is not "something of value", NEXT!

The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data

Information is the most valuable commodity on planet Earth, more so than oil currently.

You're living in the last century.

Jesus...in legalese information is not something of value.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

BINGO!!!!!!

the answer here is it shouldn't exist...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Just another impotent attempt to try to grab hold of the narrative and twist it in their favor. Things are happening to fast for that though.

This is why we're seeing rage from the Trump defenders. They can't get their talking points fast enough, so they can't really defend any of it.
edit on 17-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I don't keep up with the Trump-specific conspiracies that much, help me out.

I remember Crowdstrike as the security firm that alleged that the attacks on the DNC were Russian.

What's "the Crowdstrike server"?

Ask the FBI, after all they allowed Crowdstrike to commandeer it, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: RadioRobert
I thought the hubbub was because he was " threatening the Ukraine to resume investigating Innocent Joe". Now it's that he wanted their cooperation in an existing DOJ investigation into election interference? Investigating election interference is now election interference? Amazing...

Like the saying goes: "When investigating a crime is treated like a crime, you're being ruled by criminals."

Couldn't agree more.

You notice how the whole Constitution mandated impeachment inquiry is being treated as if it were a crime? It's very telling of those who would rule us.

It's the criminals who are running the inquiry. It's their corruption Trump is exposing.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Now it's that he wanted their cooperation in an existing DOJ investigation into election interference?

Explain what you mean.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Did they?

I understood that Crowdstrike worked with a mirror of the data from a backup.

Don't be coy, what's the conspiracy theory the President is referring to?

Because, if there is nothing in existence like "a Crowdstrike server" then Mr. Trump wasn't asking for anything real. Kind of like "hey, do you guys have the Cat and the Fiddle?"

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I thought the hubbub was because he was " threatening the Ukraine to resume investigating Innocent Joe". Now it's that he wanted their cooperation in an existing DOJ investigation into election interference? Investigating election interference is now election interference? Amazing...

Like the saying goes: "When investigating a crime is treated like a crime, you're being ruled by criminals."

Couldn't agree more.

You notice how the whole Constitution mandated impeachment inquiry is being treated as if it were a crime? It's very telling of those who would rule us.

It's the criminals who are running the inquiry. It's their corruption Trump is exposing.

Well, following the twisted logic presented lately, the impeachment effort which began in November 2016 is obviously led by Democrats against their political opponent, so it is an abuse of power and they should all be removed from office for tampering with the election.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You're not dumb. Don't pretend to be.

Aww, thanks.

Now, can you answer the question or not? Because I'll be honest with you, if what Mr. Trump did with Zelensky is a campaign finance violation worthy of impeachment ... then what Clinton's campaign did is CERTAINLY against the same law.

If not, why not. Quick answer is fine, not BS ad hom.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think it’s rather pathetic that people completely ignore the blatant corruption and misuse of power of the left to go after Trump for wanting it investigated. I get it that some think Trump used aid money for leverage and maybe he did, IDK but that certainly doesn’t give the dems a free pass for past violations that may have occurred. That’s the way the hypocritical left always see’s it and it’s BS. They want to nail Trump on a cross while Biden gets free tickets to Disneyland.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I understood that Crowdstrike worked with a mirror of the data from a backup.

Which doesn't actually keep any records of changes after the fact to the physical server, correct. Bleachbit, data downloads, typical conspiracy stuff.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It is a conspiracy theory based on ignorance and bitterness.

Crowdstrike analysed the hacked DNC data and exposed Russian/Fancy bear finger-prints.

Trump would like to see crowd-strike punished for it.

Why Trump thinks a "server" exists or why it would be Ukraine get's deep in the weeds of out there conspiracy boards.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Now it's that he wanted their cooperation in an existing DOJ investigation into election interference?

Explain what you mean.

It's right in the OP's. Mulvaney claims there was a connection between Ukraine aid money and cooperation with the investigation into election interference in the 2016 election

Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney said that Trump did nothing wrong in linking the aid to Ukraine’s investigation. He said the probe would simply be part of the Justice Department’s ongoing review of the 2016 election...
He pointed to the example of the administration holding up aid to Central American countries to force them to change their policies on immigration.

Trump ultimately released nearly $400 million in military and other aid to Ukraine

Somehow asking for help in this investigation is now illegal because it might hurt people with a (D) after their names or might benefit Trump if he's exonerated. That's now being called "election interference" in the ongoing farce.
edit on 17-10-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

SO, the "Crowdstrike server" is referring to the actual physical DNC Server that was hacked?

Like I said, I'm not up on Trump-specific conspiracy theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join