It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since the censorship purges, I no longer use or visit youtube.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Not so much a rant as it is a matter of fact.

Google loses $70 BILLION due in part to censoring "conspiracy" theories.

As much as I would like to claim that I stopped visiting the site because I'm "boycotting", thats really not the case. They just no longer have any content which interests me.

Obviously, Alex is gone.

Thousands of videos on alternative theories from 9/11 and Sandy Hook to vaccines and the Rothschilds have been purged.

I used to try and find videos from a show that I liked but they have also been removed due to "copyright" claims.

Their "promoted" content is mainstream, programming/brainwashing or typical mindless garbage.

So thats pretty much it.

Interestingly, Ive seen google starting to advertise on other sites like Instagarbage and Fakebook. This is new.

Google is claiming that overall revenue is ok but something doesnt seem right.

edit on 17-10-2019 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Search 1st amendment audits....interesting AF!

(post by Flatcoat removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They purged google of alternative thought and now they have done it to ytube. google owns utube so go figure.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It is so annoying looking at old threads to see all the grayed out YouTube videos that have vanished down the rabbit hole of life

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

They purged google of alternative thought and now they have done it to ytube. google owns utube so go figure.

'Themtube' - hasn't really got the same ring to it.

At least this vid is still up (donor groups mentioned at 23:00)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Aren’t they just no longer putting conspiracy theories in the recommendation..

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Luckily I still get updates on my subscriptions to often tongue-in-cheek type sarcastic trolls of postmodern excess like Hunter Avallone, Gavin Mc inness (or his hyper-woke brother Miles, tee-hee), Paul Joseph Watson, The Amazing Lucas, Rebel Media, Sargon or Black Pigeon Speaks. I just find a lot of it really, really funny. However some of them have been temporarily banned on YouTube (but they're back), and at least two are totally banned from Facebook. None of them are real racists, homophobes or in any sense "fascists" and "neo-Nazis".

I still met some real ideological Nazis in my lifetime (they're all dead now), and let me tell you these terms are completely inappropriately abused today by far-left know-nothings.

What affects me most is the disappearing military music.
And I like my military marches, and think it's a great way to learn about history, ordinary soldiers, and many were in fact performed by opposing armies under different titles (several still are). The World Wars are long over, how can the interest be anything more than historical?

So, take my German music thread, I just think there's not much point adding anything on anymore.
Every single historical march is removed by YouTube and ends up a blank space.
Sure it might be back a week later with different visuals, but it's not fair on ATS to keep repeating the same stuff, only to have YouTube blank it out again.
It looks like a mess - this historical musical massacre.
And sometimes, out of sheer desperation, I do post a military march in an inappropriate category, hoping it won't be noticed. The sheer enjoyment after a few beers of the music is worth the risk. You tell me, what else can I do just because I enjoy the bombastic sound of that music?
But it shouldn't be this way - it's music that's a common heritage, and teaches about history.
Once they remove songs about the birds in the forest (and many of those folk songs were there long before or after the Nazis), it's like an entire genre is under threat, simply because it's not rock or pop.
To me it's just a basic part of masculinity to know these things, even if they were abused at certain times.

I wouldn't mind marching next to an American, a Jewish, a Roma, a Muslim, an African or whatever brother.
It's the brotherhood that counts.
So the very equalizing potential of the military and the dawn of post-War citizenship and brotherhood is actually destroyed with this censorship.

And not much point starting a new thread, for example, just with military marches and songs (that are not modern rock or pop). The same thing will happen. I mean nowadays you're called a "fascist" just for waving the US flag, for example. It's completely subjective and out of hand.
edit on 17-10-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Good.

Google loses $70 BILLION due in part to censoring "conspiracy" theories.

= integrity

As much as I would like to claim that I stopped visiting the site because I'm "boycotting", thats really not the case. They just no longer have any content which interests me.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Youtube. Great concept in theory. Until you realize that you're the product and that's how Google can offer you so many things completely free. There's really no telling how much information Google is collecting on the average person but I'd be willing to bet it's more than the average person thinks. And you have to specifically opt out of everything before you start to even realize how much information they do collect. And who is to say that opting out is really stopping them from collecting your data? Maybe it just makes the system not show you what it's doing anymore.

Yeah. Don't trust Google. But then again, who can you trust anymore? If it's free, it's not free. Somebody is paying the bill. Watch your ass on the internet.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The tragedy for ATS specifically is that once YouTube removes something it leaves a blank "scar" on the thread.

If they remove an entire group that posts a certain genre of music, for example, then pages of a once varied and vibrant entire thread come out as a skeleton of its former self.

Now YouTube might recover, maybe within days or a week.
People make appeals and negotiate with a mod.
All that music might be running again with a different thread, group or just "offending" bits removed from the footage of fan videos.

But on ATS it leaves reams and pages of empty posts, and misrepresentation of what the thread was about.

The only way to remedy this in my opinion is that when you embed from YouTube it is actually downloaded from YouTube, and even if they remove the clip, it remains on ATS. Because it's a real circus these days on YouTube sometimes.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
But consider the poor blogger these days.

Let's say basically you're on Facebook, YouTube and ATS these days.
You must consider three times the terms and conditions.
And they're not the same.

ATS changes little, thankfully, but YouTube does.
What you post as additional, especially visual proof or historical interest on ATS however comes from the whims of YouTube.

Facebook allows all kind of dumb photos and commentary, but on the other hand I hear even mentioning Paul Joseph Watson or Gavin McInness (unless in highly critical terms) can get your entire account banned.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I only search using Go Duck Go.

I rarely use Youtube, except to watch endless makeup tutorials with my granddaughter - endless, endless, till I look like a dear caught in headlights.

ATS forces me to use FB to login or another big tech censor. People can't join with just their email and password. I would love to just sign in with my email and password.

I made a FB account (pew, yuck, spit) just so I could join ATS. I have complained about this 2 other times. Then 2 times FB forced me to release information to prove I am a person - once demanded my mobile number, another time, demanded more personal information before they would allow me to use it - just to log on to ATS.

MODS PLEASE save me!!!

Please message me and allow me to log in with just my email and a password. You can read all my other stuff and see I am genuine. Not a trouble maker, clean spoken.

Anywhoo, other suggestions for censorship free searching ?????? - what about the new conservative site that is supposed to not be censoring conservative opinion that is going to be like facebook??????? Any thoughts people?????

Anywhoo, other suggestions for censorship free searching - what about the new conservative site that is supposed to not be censoring conservative opinion that is going to be like facebook?

Any thoughts people?

edit on 10/17/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I only search using Go Duck Go.(duckduckgo)

i hear that alot here on ats.

what someone says theyre doing and what theyre actually doing are often very different.
ddg is not open and honest about what they do.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Do you have a better suggestion for a search engine? What is your suggestion?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
a reply to: Rikku

What it boils down to is if you care about your privacy, you might as well just write using the internet off as an unacceptable violation of said privacy. Because it's basically impossible for a layperson to even get reasonable privacy online. And even someone who really knows their stuff would have a hard time covering every base.

But that's par for the course for everything now. You pretty much can't do anything privately anymore. They'll give you all kinds of BS excuses but what it boils down to is trust is a one way street with the people who own the world. You are required to trust them with everything but they absolutely do not trust you with anything.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The censorship issue is a legitimate one and something that would benefit from discussion... But here's the irony - the very reason we can't have a reasonable discussion is the same reason that major media companies are engaging in the censorship in the first place: Propaganda, misinformation, fake news.

I've previously mentioned, numerous times, that it's not just Conservatives being targeted in these purges and delistings. It's anyone and everyone with views different than the status quo - a status quo that is currently corporatist / neoconservative. All views contrary to that narrative are being censored. For what it's worth, I personally belong to a Discord server that exists for no other reason than to inform people which left leaning people have been banned from which social media platform - and to link us to their new accounts. Accounts that usually last about 2-5 days before it happens all over again.

Only we won't band together, compare notes and unite in some form of outcry or boycott because doing so would force us to ignore the specific flavor of propaganda that we find most refreshing. Saying "Wait, they're doing this to everyone - including those I like to blame?" is far more difficult than saying "Nope. BS. It's just MY TRIBE who are being targeted and I'm angry".

The misinformation has been weaponized into a self-feeding Ouroborus that feeds us as it feeds upon us.

As to the broader subject of security / anonymity? It's kind of possible to achieve...

Buy a used laptop - for cash from Craiglist or a personal ad elsewhere ( for cash - and arrange a buy in a public place where the seller will not see your car or any other identifying information ), wipe it, install Tails - or a similar Linux distro, install TOR and then never install anything else on the laptop. Never use it from home or near home. Never have any other electronic devices on you when you use it... In fact only use it by driving many miles from your home, in a car that has no "smart" capabilities - and then war drive through those distant areas until you find an unsecured WiFi signal - and then only use that WiFi signal for very short periods of time... Maybe 10 to 15 minutes.

Never return to the same signal twice. Change up areas you war drive in habitually and as randomly as possible.

Ideally you'd want to use the laptop a few times before destroying it and replacing it with another used laptop obtained in the same manner listed above.

With those prophylactic measures you won't be able to access much of the Internet and what you can access will be in small doses - but you'll at least have a reasonable expectation of anonymity.

TL;DR: Censorship is happening to everyone and the anonymity ship sailed about 15 or 20 years ago.
edit on 10/17/19 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

yes, bing. its the best search engine and you get ms points.
bing is usuallly last on the cencorships bandwagon
is ms morally better thatn others? i dont care.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'd do the same, but I can't not stick around for bigclive, nilered, the action lab, 8-bit guy, techmoan, LGR, and the pretties that pretend to know what ASMR is but instead just tap or whisper but are quaint enough that I forgive them.

gave up bothering with the place for anything but fluff and filler between the useful moments in a day.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't do You Tube, but is there any other service comparable that doesn't censor like that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join