It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What SETI audio sounds like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've been thinking about SETI and the idea the Universe is teeming with life but SETI is misinterpreting "natural" signals with ET communications. So I started doing some research. It was more difficult that I imagined but I did fine some interesting tidbits below. The two videos from John Michael Godier referenced below are very good.

WOW signal audio:

Modulation Theory:
"Modulation. Modulation is the process of modifying one or more parameters of a base communications signal such as amplitude, frequency, phase, angle or simply the presence and absence of the signal, for the purpose of encoding information into the signal and transmitting it to a destination."

What modems sound like:

Deep Space SETI recording:

Fast Radio Burst 121102 ( FRB ). Some FRBs actually repeat:

Signal Audio from the Movie Contact

Cool videos from John Michael Godier:

10 Ways SETI Might Detect Alien Civilizations And What They Might Be Like

edit on 17-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The WOW signal sounds like the Deep Space SETI recording.

The Fast Radio Burst 121102 is a fascinating sound, it seems to have some sort of pattern or order to it much like the dial up tone.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That's not what the WOW signal actually sounded like. It didn't have a sound at all, and that representation is just somebody's interpretation of what it might have sounded like. It was just a signal strength anomaly along a narrow bandwidth. Nothing that could be reasonably translated into an audio signal.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Alien broadcast. SETI not required.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
There is a very interesting video on the subject from Isaac Arthur. He goes into all the maths and explanations about signal, very interesting.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
That's not what the WOW signal actually sounded like. It didn't have a sound at all, and that representation is just somebody's interpretation of what it might have sounded like. It was just a signal strength anomaly along a narrow bandwidth. Nothing that could be reasonably translated into an audio signal.

The Interwebs never lies about anything. Here's the other one I was going to use:

As far as I can tell it's a noise. I don't know how to authenticate it. I can confirm it's not the sound of my cat using the litter box.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Godier made comment in one of his videos the way ETs communicate with each other is in a way we have discovered yet which is why we do not detect them easily. Like maybe they are using some kind of sub-space quantum radio band we have yet to be able to listen to.

Maybe a really advanced technological ETs are using regular radio waves but the signal is carried in such a way it appears natural to us. This was the idea that got me started on this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

My cat is lying down next to me and during each video i watched to see if her ears twitched to any particular sounds, but not one twitch or movement at all. So i dont think there are any strange noises we cant hear if they were recorded. Not very scientific but just saying.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You can turn any signal into noise if you process it via audio software.

Just as you can turn an image into sound, and embed it within a digital song and have it display if run through a spectrum analyzer.

it's like when they put out a video saying "Listen to Jupiter" and you hear the whale song of the solar system.. it's not actually making noise, it's just a representation of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide

My cat is lying down next to me and during each video i watched to see if her ears twitched to any particular sounds, but not one twitch or movement at all. So i dont think there are any strange noises we cant hear if they were recorded. Not very scientific but just saying.

Earthling cats don't chase space birds..

Though it was funny that the fast radio birds (ETA -- omg, I meant burst, but typed birds.. my mind is off with the birds for sure it appears) did almost sound like bird song. Maybe birds are tiny little space repeaters spread out across the cosmos.. relaying the banter of space rednecks hauling their loads on week long treks..

edit on 18-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

That is soooooo bitchin

top topics

join