It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit deal done, well agreed in principle

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Mate if i end up Mobbing and Rioting it would be at the Jewelers.

What's pathetic is you imagine you can address our particular dilemma with your own shortsighted idea of what constitutes freedom and the democratic process.

Thousand and thousand protestors on our streets most of the time your POTUS decides to visit.

What does that tell you other than we don't want the supposed freedom nor democracy America is shoveling and are perfectly happy with our own flawed variety of such.

51% voted to leave where is the freedom there of not wanting to exit. Just bend over and say thank you sir can I have another 6 inches.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Scotland nor Ireland voted for Brexit.

And our votes essentially count for SFA given our disproportional population numbers.

Nobody up for bending nowhere im afraid.

What a predicament. LoL

You sure your Mummies not been kidding you on what inches are? x

edit on 17-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If UK followed the American model you would fight to throw off the oppressor.

I am curious who in this instance do you think is the oppressor?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I highly doubt this will pass parliament

It seems like that is what's on the cards, the DUP are not on board, and they need to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I was hoping for a bit more from you about this.
Will that mean no brexit?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If UK followed the American model you would fight to throw off the oppressor.

I am curious who in this instance do you think is the oppressor?

The oppressor is the unification of the EU. You all fought that idea in ww2 against Germany, it comes back and you all gleefully join then when you all figure your the pooch and try to leave your elected officials say you all are stupid and don't realize what your doing so sit down shut up and take it. It's been 3 years since the vote and you all are still wringing your hands over what would really happen if you all got a spine and did the will of the people.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

It seems like that is what's on the cards, the DUP are not on board, and they need to be.

I am reading into the deal just now and it hardly sounds like its going to appease Brexiteers either.

I strongly suspect that Boris is playing a very clever political game, he knows this won't pass and then he will be forced to request an extension however he can then really push for a general election and tell the electorate that he had a deal all sorted and "they" the opposition blocked it because they want to block Brexit and it sets up the "parliament Vs the people" general election. His controlling the political optics masterfully, now I might like Boris but I gotta give him and his advisors credit because they are playing a genius political game right now and totally out classing the opposition.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I was hoping for a bit more from you about this.
Will that mean no brexit?

I have been really busy over the last month or so with real world stuff and also been posting on other sites because... well lets not get into that.

Anyway, like I said above, this is all a political game Boris is playing it very well, he knows it won't pass and then he can set up a general election as "Parliament vs the people".

Assuming it doesn't happen Brexit can and probably will still happen just not on the 31st of October, looks like their well be a emergency debate in Parliament on Saturday (only the 4th time in history I believe parliament has sat on a Saturday) that I guess will cover this deal. Interestingly they are also going to hold a vote for a second referendum but I highly doubt thats going to pass.

So in all probability, this won't pass parliament, parliament won't vote for a second referendum, Boris will have to request his extension then possibly before Christmas we will have a General Election.
edit on 17-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
When they ask for an extension, Juncker says they won''t get one;
www.youtube.com...
That would suit Boris as well (though another report says "Tusk not backing Juncker" on this issue)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah the EU could say "naw.....yer ooot, nae extension fannybaws"

Would not surprise me but the law in the UK still requires Boris to at least ask and I think that the EU might give some kind of "last chance" ultimatum but I dont think we really know until Boris asks.

Interesting times.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I have been really busy over the last month or so with real world stuff and also been posting on other sites because... well lets not get into that.

I appreciate your assessment.
Thanks!

Anyway, like I said above, this is all a political game Boris is playing it very well, he knows it won't pass and then he can set up a general election as "Parliament vs the people".

because the people voted for brexit, correct?

Assuming it doesn't happen Brexit can and probably will still happen just not on the 31st of October

what stops the halloween deadline?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Scotland nor Ireland voted for Brexit.

And our votes essentially count for SFA given our disproportional population numbers.

Nobody up for bending nowhere im afraid.

What a predicament. LoL

You sure your Mummies not been kidding you on what inches are? x

Not my mummy but yours.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

what stops the halloween deadline?

The Benn bill.

Basically parliament passed a law that says if no deal is secured by the 19th of October (that is to say agreed upon by both the EU and UK Parliament) then Boris is legally obligated to request an extension. Given that it is unlikely that this deal will pass parliament Boris will be forced to write to the EU and request the extension.

Of course the EU could refuse to grant that extension.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Anyone see Brexit breaking up the UK? And does it really matter?

I think Scotland will go, and then join the EU. At least it will please that vile Sturgeon chick.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Financial Times offers a current estimate of voting;
318 for, 321 against.
www.ft.com...

P.S. It seems they want a subscription. I read it in the first place via a Twitter link, which must have bypassed that demand.

edit on 17-10-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I think that probably a fairly accurate estimate, it will be close but ultimately fail.

I also think the vote for a second referendum will also fail, not sure if it will be as close though.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

All part of Dominic Cumming's cunning plan.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

To.be honest I kind of don't care what happens anymore, I'm treating it more like a political drama in my head lol, but just wondering if Boris refused to sign a letter for an extension would it be criminal or statute law, or some constitutional thing which would force the Queen into it?
[Popcorn emoji] 😂

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi

All part of Dominic Cumming's cunning plan.

Pretty much....

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow

To.be honest I kind of don't care what happens anymore, I'm treating it more like a political drama in my head lol, but just wondering if Boris refused to sign a letter for an extension would it be criminal or statute law, or some constitutional thing which would force the Queen into it?
[Popcorn emoji] 😂

The court would order him to sign it, if he still refused it would be contempt of court

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join