It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heavens location

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
in the bible it says the location of heaven is in the north.But my question in the beginning of Genesis, it says God created the heavens(plural) and the earth..so does that mean, there is more than one heaven?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver wolverine
in the bible it says the location of heaven is in the north.But my question in the beginning of Genesis, it says God created the heavens(plural) and the earth..so does that mean, there is more than one heaven?

I believe in a "type" of heaven and I believe it/they are on other dimensions. I believe there are different levels of heavenly dimensions....not necessarily more than one heaven.

EDIT: I think the word translates to "high places" or "of sky" something like that....I'm late for work but will check out this thread when I get home.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
thanks for your reply..ladyV..i appreciate it..new ideas

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
From what I have researched, heavens (plural) is the sky - the clouds, stars, sun. Heaven (singular) is the next dimension - where we go if we can follow the laws to get us there.

Heaven is referred to as being somewhere far, far away by most modern day churches. However, the heaven is described by Christ, is inside us.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The word "Heaven/s" is used with 2 meanings in the bible. One means Paradise (after death resting place) and the other is the sky/stars. So when it says "..created the heavens and the earth" it means that all the planets and stars, and the earth was created. It is the simplest way of saying it, because at the time the Bible was written, people did not know that the stars and planets were actual places, with mass, area etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Heaven is inside you... find repose within yourself..

the reason the bible says God made the heavens.. is because

GOD created his WIFE
They created Jesus...
The wife created another son, without the permission of GOD..
the second son never met his father, because his mother was ashamed of him because she didn't have permission .. so she cast him aside..
after being cast aside the second son took off and created for himself his own galaxies and luminous ball of flame(sun) .... because he was from his father ultimately the second son created a copy of the place which he is originally from, but it was created in ignorance so it isn't perfect.. its light is dimmed..

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver wolverine
in the bible it says the location of heaven is in the north.

? Where?

But my question in the beginning of Genesis, it says God created the heavens(plural) and the earth..so does that mean, there is more than one heaven?

The usage of 'heavens' to refer to the sky and stars above is specific to a time and culture that produced that translation of the bible. The orignal text, I doubt, says 'multiple sets of heavens'.

dnero
The wife created another son, without the permission of GOD..
the second son never met his father, because his mother was ashamed of him because she didn't have permission .. so she cast him aside..
after being cast aside the second son took off and created for himself his own galaxies and luminous ball of flame(sun) .... because he was from his father ultimately the second son created a copy of the place which he is originally from, but it was created in ignorance so it isn't perfect..

Wow where'd you get that, i hadn't heard that story before.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
back when i used to go to chruch i hade heard there were three heavens

1 on earth that we can not see
2 in the clouds
3 in the stars and the moon's

but it is also stated that there is 9 levels of hell

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
From what I know from studying the Bible. The sky around the earth is the 1st heaven, outer space with the planets and stars(universe) is the 2nd heaven and the 3rd heaven is where God is now.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In the Old Testament ‘heaven’ is translated from other words only five times in the following verses:
Psalms 68:4 it is translated from the Hebrew, arabah, ‘ the desert ‘
7:18 the word is galgal, Hebrew for ‘ wheel or whirlwind '
89:6 & 37 where it is translated from the word shachaq, Hebrew for ‘ powder or thin vapor ’.
Isaiah 5:30 heaven is translated from ariyph, Hebrew for ‘ the sky ‘

The New Testament defines ‘heaven’ from the Greek word ‘ouranos’ meaning ‘the sky’ in all but 7 instances :
Philippians 2:10 Greek epouranos, ‘ above the sky, celestial ‘
Revelation 8:13, 14:6, 19:1, 11, 14, and 17 from the Greek word mesouranema, meaning mid-sky

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Heaven is not inside people. It is compared to the wind...you feel the wind and hear the wind...yet you cannot know from where it came or where it is going...that is how Heaven is to us in our current physical state.

A person is born without a connection to heaven, and they are considered a member of this world. When the Holy Spirit fills a person, they are converted into a member of Heaven. The Holy Spirit resides inside the believer...like the wind...blowing through us...coming and going between this world and Heaven. So it shall be for Christians, as well.

For now, Heaven is like the wind...without form yet we know of the existence...we see evidence of creatures, principalities, and forces unseen. The existence of evil confirms the truth of God...that is why Satan is hesitant to openly reveal himself. Many would come to great faith if that happened.

John 3:5-8
Jesus answered, ‘Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be astonished that I said to you, “You must be born from above.” The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.’

Heaven is apparently up there...somewhere...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Heavens is other planets,sky,stars,galaxies and stuff, and heaven is where you go when you die if you good. I think that is probably somewhere outside the universe but I dont think any1 really knows where it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i just read sometime interesting..the bible said"God lives in Heaven",God also is everywhere.Thanks for all your feedback!!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For the creator to have created the Universe, the creator must be greater than the sum total of his&her creation......Heaven is not in this Universe....Heaven is where all the multiverses stem from.....Heaven is huge, plenty of room for everyone and everything....you didn't think it was just for Christians and Humans did you? Of course once there you may not even recognize the fact that you are, in fact for a large bulk of Heavens populace, it's just business as usual. It's a little more complex than the musings of Bronze age humans. It's not a monastery.
Sorry for no links, but linking to Heaven would blow out ATS's bandwith...You'll just have to use your imagination. Enjoy your stay on Earth.
JC

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A guy I used to work with a long time ago had a theory that Heaven was just passed the "Red Shift", where an object is moving so fast away from us (Earth) that it isn't visable any more b/c it's moving faster than light. His idea was that long ago, Heaven reached the red shift, thus it has become non-visable to us.

It's just an idea that someone told me about. I can't really back it up, just thought it was an interesting idea.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Growing up a strict Catholic showed me how fake all religion is. There is no Heaven there is no Hell. There is no Easter Bunny and no Tooth Fairy. Just worse much much worse. IF there is a hell there isnt a level deep and terrible enough that matches our own omnisadistic treatment of humanity by itself. PERIOD. Hell is just a forewarning of what someone has in mind for YOU! Heaven? Sure. Bring it on. IF you want spiritual enlightenment then dare to be the one who truly learns all humankinds true secrets, and then go insane and find yourself in hell. Heaven, Hell. The location of both are right in front of you here on earth(purgatory?).

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yup, to me the Heavens are nothing but the Universe. I dont believe in "bubble verses or other dimensions" in the way most people here do.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
From what I know from studying the Bible. The sky around the earth is the 1st heaven, outer space with the planets and stars(universe) is the 2nd heaven and the 3rd heaven is where God is now.

Well done.

2Co 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
such a one caught up to the third heaven.

This is paul talking about his encounter with Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus

There are many places in the bible to confirm the other two examples of 'heaven' or heavens' .

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

but it is also stated that there is 9 levels of hell

Yeah... and some days it feels like all 9 of them are right here on Earth!

As for the location if Heaven, according to some lady-friends of mine, its my bed!

Sorry for the perverted humor and lack of sensible addition to the thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This may not be Biblically accurate, but I have a theory...

Heaven is a frequency. So is Hell. They are both right here. When you go to either heaven or hell, you don't go anywhere, you just change frequency.

Actually, I think Hell is our current frequency. With our physical body overlay, we don't notice. When the body is gone, and all that is left is our spirit, we will notice we are in hell more readily.

Heaven is a higher frequency. God comes and gives us a new body, a glorified body, a higher frequency...so that we can have access to heaven, and we are able to rise above the torment in the lake of fire. Without the boost from God, the spirit is stuck in the lowest plane of existence...known as Hell. Do nothing with God, and this is where you end up.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Geneticus]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join