It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CATS!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm going to divide the community here with a rant about cats. The most useless animal to ever be domesticated by humans.

Now, I love animals. All of them, even the lowest form of them - cats. But I would never own one and have my suspicions about people that do.

I'll tell you what I don't love though. Cats using the narrow space between our house and the fence as an all hours of the night free for all playing and fighting area. It is right outside my 18 month old daughters room and they wake her up around half a dozen times a night. This is a kid that has trouble sleeping as it is and when she doesn't sleep my wife doesn't either which makes for quite an unhappy household.

Our neighbors on that side do the right thing with their cat - they have built a special outdoor enclosure to prohibit it roaming freely through the neighborhood but the other neighbors (three) cats seem to enjoy complete freedom with no regard for anybody else and bang around this area all night.

I have spoken with said neighbors politely and diplomatically who assured me they keep their cats in the shed at night. Well, I spotted one of them in my yard last night. TWICE. My wife even had a large dead rat dropped at the back door yesterday. We both have a phobia of rats and mice.

I have a 40kg English Bull Terrier who sleeps inside with us at night to prevent him barking at and chasing cats all night. This was done out of consideration to our neighbors and of course to help our daughter sleep.

I have contacted my local council who advised they can send the ranger around to remind them cats must be contained within their yards at all times or risk a fine, go on a 6 week wait list for a cat trap to capture and impound the offending felines. I decided to take the diplomatic route and speak to the neighbor again in the spirit of community and living together in harmony though I am at my wits end!

Ever heard of a sheep cat? a guard cat? a seeing eye cat? a hunting cat? Of course not because they are bloody useless animals who don't deserve to live alongside us!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sounds like an owner problem. The cats are just being cats - nighttime (any time really) predators.

Also, far from useless - if you ever have a mouse/rodent problem a cat will clear it up quick!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Apart from the noise these freelance kitties are making at random hours of the night; It seems to me that your main gripe is really with humans.

And who's isn't?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

about a year ago, worthless asshole dogs killed and ate two of my cats.

eat me. one if those cats meant a lot to me- I'd feed you and yours to him in the appropriate apocalyptic situation.

if you don't want neighbors, buy some land.

I did, and when I move there I'll shoot every dog I see.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My cat saved my life, twice.

I am a T2 diabetic. Even with close monitoring, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is a dangerous possibility - coma, and death are possible.

I am familiar enough with the symptoms to avoid the condition while awake, but on these two occasions, I was asleep when my blood sugar dropped into the danger zone.

Though he had never been trained to do so, my cat recognized that something was wrong with me and aggressively pawed, clawed, and meowed at me until I awoke and immediately knew I was in trouble.

He had never acted that way before.

He’ll never do so again.

My little buddy, my lifesaver, died two weeks ago, after having given me the full 18 years of his life in devotion and companionship.

The biggest problem with cats, as with dogs, are the humans they live with.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I do beg your pardon? You'd feed me and mine to your cat in the appropriate situation?

Wanna re-phrase that hero?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Wanna re-phrase that hero?

Why? You're the one who made a blanket statement about cats when you really have an issue with your neighbors who are not doing their job. The cats are just being cats. Your rant is mis-directed.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have to agree with the others, sounds like an owner problem. My cat stays in the yard in the day and inside at night. Don't want him being killed by some animal or some asshole.

edit on 16/10/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Sounds like an owner problem. The cats are just being cats - nighttime (any time really) predators.

Also, far from useless - if you ever have a mouse/rodent problem a cat will clear it up quick!

Fair, it is more of a human problem though the cats are the ones banging around fighting and waking my kid up.

And that is incorrect, not all cats are mousers.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Ok so I rant about cats and this clown makes a comment about feeding me and my family to his cats. Seems reasonable.

Too bad he can't follow through with his threat because his cats are fertilising a lawn somewhere after coming out the back end of a dog

edit on 16102019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 16102019 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

That's an amazing story and I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

We had cats for thirty some years and they were mostly useless when it came to mousing. They might get one and play with it but most of the time they ignored the little rodents. What they were good at was puking all over the place and making messes with the litter boxes. When the last one was gone that was it. No more cats.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: schuyler

Ok so I rant about cats and this clown makes a comment about feeding me and my family to his cats. Seems reasonable.

Too bad he can't follow through with his threat because his cats are fertilising a lawn somewhere after coming out the back end of a dog

thanks, asshat.
you'll do well when society collapses.
the survivors will need cat food.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Don't make threats to feed 'me and mine' to your ghost cats then.

I'll be fine, I'm a country bred, 90kg 6 foot Aussie. Soy boys like you can just keep fantasising about society collapsing because in its current state you can't compete and thrive so seek solace at home alone with your cats to post threats on the internet.

I'll say a prayer for you.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Not one cat gave a single F about this rant.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You should speak to the ones I have shown it to, oh the fury and the outrage.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They're good for rodent control.
And spreading toxoplasmosis and ringworms.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Speak....to cats?

Then inquire to their disposition on the matter?

Lunacy.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Cats can be a big pain in the behind, but when I lived out in the country I kept a whole herd of them! Cats keep rat, mice and snake populations down which is invaluable if you live outside of a metropolitan area. Even if you live in the city they are great for keeping rat and mice populations down to a manageable level and if a cat gifted your wife with one you can bet your bottom dollar that there are 50-100 more in your vicinity that you haven't seen.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
We forgot about an open bag of birdseed in our garage last winter and the inevitable happened. As soon as the little buggers made their presence known upstairs, our 12-year-old, neurotic tabby/Abby discovered her previously unknown hunter-killer side and absolutely destroyed them.

Now she gets jealous every time we feed the snake.

I've been a cat owner for almost all my life and my neighbors have never had an issue with mine because they're proper indoor kitties.

As most everyone is saying, it seems you have an owner problem, not a cat problem.
edit on 16-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join