It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine Trump and Tulsi Gabbard 2020

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What would happen if Donald Trump reached across the isle and courted someone like Tulsi Gabbard as VP for 2020? Assuming she does not get her party's nomination of course. Imagine the dynamic that move would create even if it was nothing more than a stunt to obtain more of the democrat and independent voting block. She is very unlikely to consider such a move but the optics of such a suggestion might cause a shift in the democrat party.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
What would happen if Donald Trump reached across the isle and courted someone like Tulsi Gabbard as VP for 2020? Assuming she does not get her party's nomination of course. Imagine the dynamic that move would create even if it was nothing more than a stunt to obtain more of the democrat and independent voting block. She is very unlikely to consider such a move but the optics of such a suggestion might cause a shift in the democrat party.

And betray Mike Pence and all the super-Christians that come with him?

Wouldn't surprise me, but would betraying your last standing bastion be a wise move?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If I were Trump Id be watching for the bullet in the back.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I have a Vivid Imagination , but Not that Vivid .

link   
reply to: Oraculi
there is a big separation between a suggestion and an implementation.

link   
If he could pull off getting Gabbard, which he can't, he'd gain so much more than he'd lose. The optics of a bipartisan ticket would be amazing.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Who would have imagined a reality TV show host becoming POTUS?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence]

I have watched the debates, and I think Tulsi is pretty much the only one up there debating that makes any sense, at least within my world. I loved last night when she did a surprise lateral of a question to Warren. It was so unexpected and unscripted and powerful. Elizabeth, of course, answered with yet another anecdote.

It sounds like the kind of powerplay that Trump would do, and him being the universal negotiator, I'm sure he could prearrange an equitable settlement with Pence.

There is NO way the DNC will put Gabbard up as their candidate. You could tell that by how few questions were directed her way. They might as well have just had Warren, Biden and Sanders battling it out, but we have to maintain the illusion that there is really a choice going on here.

I am not a diehard Trump fan, but I sure as hell don't see anyone better for America right now. Getting Gabbard on board would assuage much of my misgivings. I think they would be unstoppable. As it is, I think only Biden or Warren have a chance at beating Trump.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I agree it is unlikely as I stated in the OP. The optics of him even suggesting it would itself I think have an impact.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Who would have imagined a reality TV show host becoming POTUS?

That would Depend on the Unknown Intellect of said Ex Reality T.V. Show Host . Especially one that Sees the " Reality " of " Things " for Themselves in a Very Coherent Way....

edit on 16-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Gabbard's foreign policy isn't bad, but go to her website and you will see her domestic policies are as far left as the rest of the dems. No, thank you.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Honestly I think the foreign policy is the only one she's truly bound to. The rest are more a means to an end. She might agree with some of them, but she'd give up on any of them if it meant she could make the foreign policy changes she really believes in.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think she would make a great vp.

You understand that trump wold never do that right?

Just like biden will never pic ted cruz as vp.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Trump isn't a true Republican though. He's only republican because he couldn't have made it to the primaries as a democrat.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

That was good.

And yes warren was clearly not ready for it.

I've always wanted tulsi over warren.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
I merely suggest that such an overture could be made and
I don't think the reality of my suggestion can be realized. That said I am no political strategist by a long shot but I think the prospect has some merit from the political advantage POV.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
If they really wanted to make a splash and shake things up, dump both their parties, join up, and run as independents together.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Assuming she does not get her party's nomination of course

She won't.

Tulsi Gabbard

When she gets the seal of approval from both Republicans *and* Russia, you know she's bad news.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

He won with pence the first time so why would he change now?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes , if it ain't Broke , Don't " Fix " it .........Hmm.,......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join