It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family outraged that armed robber brother was shot trying to rob Dollar Store

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Anyone want to bet the family will still get a multi million dollar payout from the Dollar Store?

Which They absolutely do not deserve!!

They should be sent a bill for the spent round.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you pull a gun on someone, you might get shot.

We had an incident here locally, a sixty eight year old guy who lost his wife about two weeks ago went a little nuts. He had a gun and was shooting outside and the cops were called, they called the swat too. So the guy shoots at a couple of cop cars a few times and is threatening the cops, pointing a shotgun at them, they know a little about this guys so don't just shoot right away.

So he comes to the door, yells at the cops, says he is going to blow up the house. supposedly he gets shot in the doorway by someone but nobody knew it, except the one shooting him, maybe a silencer on the swat rifle or something. So he is lighting a cigarette inside, people saw a spark, I think he thought he was going to blow up the house, but they shut off the gas already. So that is when people thought he got shot, the first report was it was self inflicted on the scanner.

So people are making a conspiracy out of it, why was he shot in the house. He had a gut wound from one of the cops guns. Here is my question, how come the person who shot him did not immediately notify the other officers, he is on manditory suspension at this time. And why the hell didn't they shoot the guy when he came out pointing the shotgun at cops, they should have shot him immediately, nuts or not. Just think how the wife of the officer would have felt if he would have hit one of them, their police pension or insurance would not replace a father. The shooting was justified, but why didn't the cops been made aware that he was shot, my daughter and many others listened to the scanners, the rest of the cops aparently were not made aware of what was going on.

So we have questions of when he was shot, but no matter, he should have been shot right after he fired his weapon towards the cops. He wanted a cop assisted suicide I think. Distraught over his wife's death and a vietnam vet to boot. Some people say he was very nice, a few did not like him which is normal, his stepkids made rude comments about him and I am sure they wanted everything that belonged to his wife immediately. That happens quite a bit over here in situations with step children. only maybe ten percent of the times in that kind of situation the stepkids try to take what the real parent owned, some times those kids are looking to gain drug money. That was three days ago, the guy was alive till last night when I checked on the news. People can turn into inconsiderate greed mongers when a person dies.

I think these people in the OP will file a suit and figure they will profit from their kid getting killed commiting a crime. We have to stop paying off survivors of people who get hurt while commiting a crime, but it is happening and this kind of payoff will make it more and more likely that people will do that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is a tradition in the US that when someone with a gun demands the cash register money, the clerk gives them lead.

I hope the country keeps the tradition.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I see this as simple to understand and if there is any place for excuses, it's that the guys family raised him to be how he is and his family and peers are the ones responsible for his death.

Those two family members on the video don't even show any sign of grief. They don't give a damn their family member is dead, they just want to profit from it I'm sure. Stupid people think the rest of the world is as stupid as they are.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It is a tradition in the US that when someone with a gun demands the cash register money, the clerk gives them lead.

Screw that noise.
My wife works in a bank and the only thing she should give an armed robber is whatever the hell he wants.

Wouldn't surprise me if this clerk is fired for having a gun at work.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Since when did Dollar General allow employee's to be armed. I don't know of any retail chain that allows employee's to be armed. That guy was stupid for trying to rob a store.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Since when did Dollar General allow employee's to be armed. I don't know of any retail chain that allows employee's to be armed. That guy was stupid for trying to rob a store.

That is the million dollar question. I guess that location had been robbed four times previously. I don't know if they made an exception for that store. It does say in another article he was legally conceal carry, but since he was on private property it is up to the private property owner to make their own rules regarding weapons.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I rather be fired than dead!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
a reply to: JAGStorm

LMAO, god damn this story is hilarious.... This family is truly something special.

What I would have said back is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes..."

The sad thing is that when it comes to the criminal element in major cities, this family isn’t special at all. This mindset isn’t abnormal at all, and it’s something we hear pretty regularly.

The really special part is when the city/local government not only agree, but leverage the court system to effectively decriminalize criminal acts. Commit an armed robbery? Property crime, absurdly low bond, and the violent criminal is often back on the street within hours of arrest.

Not that I’m speaking from experience with my own city or anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

Basically the story is this, guy goes in to rob Dollar Store (btw. who robs the dollar store???? Well my mom said the dollar store has a lot more money than people realize, ok whatever. So armed robber goes in, and he is met by an equally armed clerk, who defended himself, his coworkers, and everyone in that store, legally! end of story!

So what does the family think? You can't even make this stuff up.

“He’s got some responsibility, but not all. [Right is] right and wrong is wrong. That was wrong for that clerk to shoot my brother in the chest. Yes, he’s robbing them. OH, WELL (emphasis by the speaker)! Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re not supposed to take matters into your own hands.”

It's a sad day when there are a lot of people that really believe this. Forget that robber, and forget the police, only you are responsible for your own safety! By the time the police got there the clerk and several others could have been dead. The clerk is one thing only, a hero!
I don't necessarily think people that steal food should die, but I think once you bring a weapon into the equation, it's a different story.

Hood rats going to hood rat...

Apple does not fall far from tree... the sad thing is that urban areas are filled with waste of flesh like these folks and why the "cycle of violence" never seems to end.

As the late comic, Robin Harris once said "We Bebe's kids... we don't die, we multiply!" The deceased probably has one or two "chilrens" just waiting to grow up to be like dad.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I would not risk my life for some big company like banks or similar either. In such facilities, the money is insured.

But this is about the family crying out for that the robber could not use that time-window, that the police needed to arrive, it seems.

It just mirrors the entitlement of some people.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I guess the argument is you don't have capital punishment for armed robbery so why should some private citizen be able to be judge, jury, and executioner. I get it he was in fear for his life so it's one of those gray areas like abortion. I don't think the clerk will face man-slaughter charges or anything like that.

edit on 16-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: roadgravel

Screw that noise.
My wife works in a bank and the only thing she should give an armed robber is whatever the hell he wants.

I had to do a bank transaction and go to a bank I've never been to. It is not on the bad side of town but borders one.
I had to go through a door, then it closed and I was in a type of holding cell and scanner and then the bank employees buzzed me in. I have never seen security like that before.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I guess the argument is you don't have capital punishment for armed robbery so why should some private citizen be able to be judge, jury, and executioner. I get it he was in fear for his life so it's one of those gray areas like abortion. I don't the clerk will face man-slaughter charges or anything like that.

It is lawful to protect yourself, and kill someone if you are in fear of your own life. (different states have different laws regarding details)

I do not think it is gray at all

the only gray area is the Dollar stores policies and how they will deal with lawsuits (that i'm sure are coming from the family)

edit on 16-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I've never stared down the barrel of a gun in a robbery situation so I'm not sure what is morally right.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I've never stared down the barrel of a gun in a robbery situation so I'm not sure what is morally right.

It's that old saying. There are no atheists in foxholes...lol

We have no idea how we would react until it happens to us.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sometimes you do not learn if it was the correct decision until after things transpire. Looks like in this case it was either the clerk or the robber. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, the same thing happened to my moms friend (store owner), she is getting buried now.

www.whio.com...

In a 911 call, a man told dispatchers that a man with a gun attempted to rob him at the store. “He pointed a gun at me,” the caller said. “I had a firearm on me. I pulled my firearm and I shot him in self defense.” >> Dollar General shooting: ‘I shot him in self-defense,’ clerk says The caller also said that the suspect “shot back,” but it is not clear how many shots were fire during the incident. Hall said that detectives are still examining evidence and ballistics from the scene to determine how many shots were fire and what weapon fired them.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It’s not a complicated question, really.

If somebody is robbing you at gunpoint, it’s not incumbent on you to psycho-analyze whether the gun is there to scare you or if they’re really willing to kill you for what’s in your wallet. It’s entirely reasonable to presume the latter.

The only question at that point is whether you’re willing to kill somebody who has the presumed intent, ability, and opportunity to kill you.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The only question at that point is whether you’re willing to kill somebody who has the presumed intent, ability, and opportunity to kill you.

Yes and unfortunately we are now living in times where people will literally kill you for five bucks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join