It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excutive Branch Crimes Trump / Obama Comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Obama: 1
Trump: 0

Obama, it was General David Petraeus (R). Sentenced to two years' probation plus a fine of $100,000 for providing classified information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell.

Trump, Lieutenant General Michael Flynn (D) National Security Advisor. Pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI but has not been sentenced.

Flynn's might not even be sentenced. It's been delayed numerous times and could be dropped with the development of FBI agents lying and not charged or sentenced for also Lying to the FBI.

At this time, these are the facts. Anyone saying Trump or others on the Executive level have been sentenced for crimes would be incorrect.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I thought for sure the media would start making a clear distinction between being charged and being sentenced for crimes after the Duke Lacrosse fiasco blew up in their face. The crazy part of that case, the only people sentenced for crimes were several on the prosecution side. Yet here we are.

This frenzy by the media of treating a charge like a sentence is extremely toxic for the country. It also does not help that the Government allows high profile cases to drag on for years despite having an army of agents and lawyers to proceed in a timely manner. Hillary's emails for example, no way that should have dragged on as long as it did. Same for Russia collusion.
By the time it's over with, people start believing being charged with a crime is an actual crime. It's insane.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

But when you can't/won't prosecute for the crimes, it's important to create a new narrative that will distract from the current one, in order to facilitate the appearance of justice. And if there are no indictments from the reports that are about to hit the fan, it will be clear that justice ins't something Washington is even remotely interested in. And at that point, why should I be concerned with it?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

But when you can't/won't prosecute for the crimes, it's important to create a new narrative that will distract from the current one, in order to facilitate the appearance of justice. And if there are no indictments from the reports that are about to hit the fan, it will be clear that justice ins't something Washington is even remotely interested in. And at that point, why should I be concerned with it?

Justice in D.C. LOL! What is going on over there in no way resembles justice of the rest of the country. Over there it's political warfare. If people really knew, and I mean saw this process in action, behind the closed doors of their DC offices it could be made into the greatest sitcom of all time or some spoof soap opera.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

and exactly how sad is it that you are spot on? I can't imagine this is what our founding fathers were thinking.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
you forgot obamas AG was held in contempt of congress
criminal and civil
the first to do so

some accomplishment

new topics

top topics

join