It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Ancient sealed Egyptian coffins found near Luxor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
20 sealed coffins dating back to possibly 1900 BC have been found in Luxor preserved in all their glory!

The find has been hailed one of Egypt's "largest and most important discovery in years" by the country's Ministry of Antiquities.

Vibrant hieroglyphics and painted figures suggest the coffins contain the remains of important people.

The site once formed part of the ancient city of Thebes, the ruins of which are found in present-day Luxor. It's expected the coffins will be opened some time in the near future, sparking fears over a "curse of the pharaohs"

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.msn.com...

phys.org...

Not much else to say on the matter but I d wonder if it's right to be digging up coffins which contain people long time dead who were supposed to be laid to rest?

what happens if once opened, there is some strange curse or plague released?

On a more positive note, what if with today's technology, some were bought back to life, so we could find out more about them? Like planned dinosaur resurrection? I bet they would be able to tell us a lot about where we actually came from? Secrets of Annunaki and all that.

edit on 16-10-2019 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Cool, lets hope they will share whatever will be discovered.
On a personal note i'm not to concerned about curses, i am concerned about releasing virusses that may have been lock-up and gone for centuries, same thing when people start excavating sites where victims of the plague have been buried.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Good find

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thats a pretty serious find. I don't have time to read your links right now more than a quick scan but will later. Star and flag for something thats not politics

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
Definite star and flag from me. Well played.

Resurrection. Hmm, was contemplating how much of a mind boggle this would be for someone from centuries ago to be brought back. Instant mind blowing death

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wait what? Zahi Hawass led the archeological dig? I thought this POS was ousted years ago. He is truly the turd that won’t flush.

S & F

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Open in a controlled setting to ensure no infection-virus released or spores.

Nice share

Sometimes I feel there is something important (very large are reasonably large) to Humanity buried deep in the sands around that region.
Like a building tool or something useful to human progress.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I bet they are fakes that have been placed there to get more money.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Wait what? Zahi Hawass led the archeological dig? I thought this POS was ousted years ago. He is truly the turd that won’t flush.

S & F

If he led the dig you better believe he took the really valuable things for himself.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988
Definite star and flag from me. Well played.

Resurrection. Hmm, was contemplating how much of a mind boggle this would be for someone from centuries ago to be brought back. Instant mind blowing death

Mind blowing death?

Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The majority of people like us did not have extravagant coffins. Even if you are from that area of the world, the chances that any of these are your relatives is very slim...Oh wait, these powerful people of the times screwed any woman they felt like screwing. They may be related to everyone in the area.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

S & F

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
If he led the dig you better believe he took the really valuable things for himself.

Hawass has the personality of a jerk, but people like you two should let go of your inexplicable hatred for the man. It only betrays how deeply you have fallen for the lies spread by con men trying to earn a buck from rubes.
Hawass is a professional Egyptologist. He is simply no longer the Minister of Antiquities. That in no way impedes him from doing Archaeological work but, in this case, he's not even involved.

But he still spooks you, and for no good reason at all.

Harte

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

S & F

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Hawass has the personality of a jerk, but people like you two should let go of your inexplicable hatred for the man. It only betrays how deeply you have fallen for the lies spread by con men trying to earn a buck from rubes.
Hawass is a professional Egyptologist. He is simply no longer the Minister of Antiquities. That in no way impedes him from doing Archaeological work but, in this case, he's not even involved.

But he still spooks you, and for no good reason at all.

Harte

My disdain for him has nothing to do with him being a jerk. In fact, I get along with a lot of people who are considered ‘jerks’ by others.

Hawass is a known suppressionist of extremely valuable information. A lot of this due to his religious beliefs. Religious beliefs that didn’t exist for 1-3 thousand years after the sites he excavated.

I believe that when we die, we get a massive download of all the truth. Everything is unveiled.

You sir, are going to have a great deal of reckoning, when you do.

Hawass, is a self serving POS. There is no other way to view it.

And you’re using the phrase ‘con men’ to defend Hawass?!? 🤣
edit on 16-10-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

The curse is that you start treating your revered ancestors as objects and it carries over toward a lack of respect and disregard for people living today.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

S & F

Is he the one that made the girl piss herself and then when she did he fired her and said women shouldn’t be doing archeology? If it was him he is a big time asshole.

ETA. Yep, it’s him.

edit on 2019/10/16 by Metallicus because: Added Video

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wonder if these people thought when they died and were buried that they would stay that way?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

S & F

Is he the one that made the girl piss herself and then when she did he fired her and said women shouldn’t be doing archeology? If it was him he is a big time asshole.

ETA. Yep, it’s him.

LOL

Yup that’s our man. He’s not a jerk though, he a narcissistic fu##ing a##hole!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Wonder if these people thought when they died and were buried that they would stay that way?

To date no one has complained.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

remember he kept telling her you just must be punished. wonder what he had in mind the dirty old sob.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Let me Guess , but Zawi won't let Us see them Until they are " Washed " ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join