It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack, officials say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the operation took place in late September and took aim at Tehran’s ability to spread “propaganda.”

One of the officials said the strike affected physical hardware, but did not provide further details.

It highlights how President Donald Trump’s administration has been trying to counter what it sees as Iranian aggression without spiraling into a broader conflict.

The strike appears more limited than other such operations against Iran this year after the downing of an American drone in June and an alleged attack by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards on oil tankers in the Gulf in May.

U.S. carried out secret cyber strike on Iran in wake of Saudi oil attack, officials say

This is not the first time we have heard of the US attacking Iran with cyber strikes. I think it is a better option then sending troops or missile strikes.

I would say chances are the US is actively hacking Syria and Turkey at this time also. I wouldn't be surprised if the US is hacking all their enemies all the time these days.

edit on 16-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

OK...so the modems go out for a few hours.

Prayer Time.

Dinner.

Modems return, and its back to Internet Surfing.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Still cuts down on the time they can spend looking at women without headscarf and burkas. Bet those websites are loosing a lot of traffic.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I know this was speculated in general when this all went down. When you mention the US hacking everyone and all of the enemies hacking us at the same time, you're really not far off the mark. Read up on APT groups, pretty interesting stuff. FireEye APT group listing

new topics

top topics

join