It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion and Fire At Crockett Oil Refinery Shuts Down I-80

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Dual explosions occurred around 2 p.m., as KPIX reports, and in aerial footage two of the tanks appear to have "collapsed." A tanker driver at the site tells the station she had just arrived and filled out some paperwork when she heard a loud "rumbling" and saw "a bunch of people running." She then drove her truck off the property and "I got to the top of the Cummings Skyway and I could see the tops of two tanks completely engulfed in flames."

The trucker, named Michelle, explains that the tanks don't contain oil or gasoline, but renewable diesel.

Update: As the Chronicle reports, I-80 is closed in both directions, from the Willow Avenue exit in Rodeo up to the Carquinez Bridge. A grass fire is burning in the vicinity as well, and crews are trying to keep the rest of the refinery's tanks cool to prevent any further explosions. The two tanks on fire are expected to continue burning for hours.

Explosion and Fire At Crockett Oil Refinery Shuts Down I-80

The video show what looks like one storage tank burning in a group of about 12. During filming another tank blows up.

The renewable diesel or green diesel is refined from stuff like vegetable oil and used cooking oil.

Everything You Need to Know About Renewable Diesel

edit on 15-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Aaaaaand gas prices will go up again. Yes, I know it's renewable diesel, it doesn't matter to the refineries. If something goes wrong, no matter how small, gas prices go up. They went up thirty cents early today. Three California refineries are having issues according to something I read earlier today, poor maintenance issues I guess.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My dad was just telling me about this a couple hours ago. We are not real far from there

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I hope not. We are already paying over 4 bucks a gallon now

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Wow. I just drove past there a few hours ago to get to my flight at SFO, must have happened soon after.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Aaaaaand gas prices will go up again. Yes, I know it's renewable diesel, it doesn't matter to the refineries. If something goes wrong, no matter how small, gas prices go up. They went up thirty cents early today. Three California refineries are having issues according to something I read earlier today, poor maintenance issues I guess.

I doubt that. THose two tanks aren't big enough to cause any shortage to anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
CNN says Iran did it!

Not really, tho.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
You playing hot potato with sticky bombs again?? You masons and your silly games.

top topics

join