It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your perception, what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

To create order from chaos and evolve in an upward spiral to experience more layers of this multifaceted existence.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Refer to Michael Newton's books for interesting possibilities.

Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
by Michael Newton | Jul 1, 1994

and

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
by Michael Newton | May 8, 2000

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Since only the question, What is the meaning of life? was discussed in the OP, I'll do the same.

The Bible's answer:

The question of the meaning of life may be asked in many ways, such as Why are we here? or Does my life have a purpose? Does life even have some meaning at all? First, we have to ask, How did life begin? After considering the remarkable design of our brain and the rest of our body, many have concluded that a wise Creator is behind it all. (see Psalm 139:14.) If so, then he must have made us for a reason. Learning that reason can add great meaning to our life. So why were humans created?

God blessed the first human pair and gave them a thrilling assignment. His purpose was for them to fill the earth, make it a paradise, and live forever.​—Read Genesis 1:28, 31.

God’s purpose was delayed when humans rebelled against his rule. But God did not give up on us​—or his purpose. The Bible assures us that God has been working to save faithful people and that his purpose concerning the earth will be fulfilled. So God wants you to see life the way he meant it to be. (see Psalm 37:29.) The Bible shows that our purpose in life is to build a friendship with God. Consider some of these fundamental truths that the Bible reveals.

- God is our Creator. The Bible says: “It is [God] that has made us, and not we ourselves.”​—Psalm 100:3; Revelation 4:11.

- God has a purpose for everything he creates, including us.​—Isaiah 45:18.

- God created us with a “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to find meaning in life. (Matthew 5:3) He wants us to satisfy that desire.​—Psalm 145:16.

- We fill our spiritual need by building a friendship with God. Although the idea of being God’s friend might seem far-fetched to some, the Bible gives us this encouragement: “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.”​—James 4:8; 2:23.

- To become God’s friend, we must live in harmony with his purpose for us. The Bible states this purpose at Ecclesiastes 12:13: “Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for.”​—Good News Translation.

- In the future, we can experience in full God’s original purpose for us when he eliminates suffering and grants everlasting life to his friends, those who worship him.​—Psalm 37:10, 11.
edit on 18-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Thank you ALL* so far for the input.
If there were to ever be such a question asked by Intelligent non-human CREATOR Creations or some advanced Intelligence designed by the CREATOR trying to understand Humanity many of you have provided beautiful and in-depth conscious answers
great job

Even the ones that answered with “42”? (from a movie, a bit of a lame scene of an otherwise funny movie, not that thoughtful, only mildly funny)

Even if you don't count those, best be careful with all the flattery. “A man who flatters his neighbor spreads out a net for his feet.” (Proverbs 29:5)

Flattery (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1)

The act of pleasing by artful commendation; adulation; false, insincere, or excessive praise. It is usually done to gratify the self-love or vanity of the one flattered and is therefore damaging to him. Its motive is to gain favor or material benefits from another, to create a feeling of obligation toward the flatterer or to bring glory to him. Often it is designed to lead the other person into a trap. (Pr 29:5) The use of flattery is not evidence of the wisdom from above; it is of this world, being characterized by selfishness, the making of partial distinctions, and hypocrisy. (Jas 3:17) Insincerity, lying, adulating or glorifying men, and playing on the vanity of others are all displeasing to God.​—2Co 1:12; Ga 1:10; Eph 4:25; Col 3:9; Re 21:8.

A contrast of the Christian course with that of flattery is found in the apostle’s words at 1 Thessalonians 2:3-6: “For the exhortation we give does not arise from error or from uncleanness or with deceit, but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts. In fact, at no time have we turned up either with flattering speech, (just as you know) or with a false front for covetousness, God is witness! Neither have we been seeking glory from men, no, either from you or from others, though we could be an expensive burden as apostles of Christ.”

While the use of flattery may appear to be the gainful course, the Bible points out that “he that is reproving a man will afterward find more favor than he will that is flattering with his tongue.” (Pr 28:23) When a person employs flattery to gain advantage over another person, it is the opposite of love. A hater may resort to flattery but will eventually have his deceptiveness roll back on him like a stone.​—Pr 26:24-28.

Flattery employs smooth talk in order to beguile its victim. The expressions “flattery,” “smooth tongue (lip, or words)” (Ps 5:9; 12:2, 3; Da 11:32), “smoothness” (Pr 7:21; Da 11:34, ftn), and “double-faced” (Eze 12:24, ftn) are translations of the Hebrew root word cha·laqʹ or related words. In every Bible instance cited, the motive of the smooth talker is bad.

... Also, when a Jewish ruler attempted application of the flattering title “Good Teacher” to Jesus Christ, Jesus instantly corrected him, saying: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.”​—Lu 18:18, 19; compare Job 32:21, 22.

Always keep in mind that there are many today who would like to ‘delude us with persuasive arguments.’ (Colossians 2:4) How can you protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”? (Titus 1:10) Once you are familiar with some of their tricks*, you are in a better position to evaluate any message or information that comes your way. Here is one way to do this:

Use discernment: Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter.

Other ways to evaluate any message or information that comes your way (or commentary on ATS that you read) and protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind” and those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” (flattery) in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones”, are listed in the article linked in my signature.

Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. The Bible strongly urges the seeking for and treasuring of right knowledge, recommending it rather than gold. (Pr 8:10; 20:15) Knowledge (Greek: gnoʹsis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20)

Also remember that:

“There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” (Pr 14:12) And:

“A fool will believe anything.” (Pr 14:15, TODAY’S ENGLISH VERSION). See alternate rendering and full quotation in my signature. *: the “tricks” I mentioned a little while ago, are discussed on the preceding page for the article linked there, flattery being one of them (discussed under "playing on the emotions", in particular regarding appeals to pride and reverse appeals to pride that play on our fear of seeming stupid, uninsightful, unenlightened, closed-minded, etc.
edit on 18-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Even the ones that answered with “42”? (funny)

Yes their input was appreciated as well whether serious or just joking. No harm done.
A nice smile/laugh generated in the thread don't hurt. I actually was wondering if someone was going to be able to explain 42

Even if you don't count those, best be careful with all the flattery. “A man who flatters his neighbor spreads out a net for his feet.” (Proverbs 29:5)

Understood 👍
I seldom seek to flatter anyone. As I mentioned, I did appreciate the smiles they generated from me when I seen the post.
I do thank you for making sure we/I are/am safe and aware of the mind trickery.

I have been around the Stars enough to know not to seek acceptance and or approval from a audience based on being flattered-pacified.
Not my game.

Use discernment: Discernment is “acuteness of judgment.” It is “the power or faculty of the mind by which it distinguishes one thing from another.” A person with discernment perceives subtleties of ideas or things and has good judgment.

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.”

Noted...
To avoid being a guileless one I trust in percentages...
Therefore trust with me is earned through observation of behaviors and experience.

I basically allow myself to trust as much as I feel I can be trusted, and work up from there. That clears up alot of games or potential trickery. So I do keep a level of discernment with ALL* I encounter. Why at the same time avoiding being paranoid.

Thank you whereislogic
for adding more in-depth content within the OP.
Be well bro/sis
edit on 10/18/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I think it was on a t-shirt.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank you ALL* so far for the input.
If there were to ever be such a question asked by Intelligent non-human CREATOR Creations or some advanced Intelligence designed by the CREATOR trying to understand Humanity many of you have provided beautiful and in-depth conscious answers
great job

Even the ones that answered with “42”? (from a movie, a bit of a lame scene of an otherwise funny movie, not that thoughtful, only mildly funny)

Flattery (Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 1)

The act of pleasing by artful commendation; adulation; false, insincere, or excessive praise. It is usually done to gratify the self-love or vanity of the one flattered and is therefore damaging to him. Its motive is to gain favor or material benefits from another, to create a feeling of obligation toward the flatterer or to bring glory to him. Often it is designed to lead the other person into a trap. (Pr 29:5) The use of flattery is not evidence of the wisdom from above; it is of this world, being characterized by selfishness, the making of partial distinctions, and hypocrisy. (Jas 3:17) Insincerity, lying, adulating or glorifying men, and playing on the vanity of others are all displeasing to God.​—2Co 1:12; Ga 1:10; Eph 4:25; Col 3:9; Re 21:8.

A contrast of the Christian course with that of flattery is found in the apostle’s words at 1 Thessalonians 2:3-6: “For the exhortation we give does not arise from error or from uncleanness or with deceit, but, just as we have been proved by God as fit to be entrusted with the good news, so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God, who makes proof of our hearts. In fact, at no time have we turned up either with flattering speech, (just as you know) or with a false front for covetousness, God is witness! Neither have we been seeking glory from men, no, either from you or from others, though we could be an expensive burden as apostles of Christ.”

While the use of flattery may appear to be the gainful course, the Bible points out that “he that is reproving a man will afterward find more favor than he will that is flattering with his tongue.” (Pr 28:23) When a person employs flattery to gain advantage over another person, it is the opposite of love. A hater may resort to flattery but will eventually have his deceptiveness roll back on him like a stone.​—Pr 26:24-28.

Flattery employs smooth talk in order to beguile its victim. The expressions “flattery,” “smooth tongue (lip, or words)” (Ps 5:9; 12:2, 3; Da 11:32), “smoothness” (Pr 7:21; Da 11:34, ftn), and “double-faced” (Eze 12:24, ftn) are translations of the Hebrew root word cha·laqʹ or related words. In every Bible instance cited, the motive of the smooth talker is bad.

... Also, when a Jewish ruler attempted application of the flattering title “Good Teacher” to Jesus Christ, Jesus instantly corrected him, saying: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.”​—Lu 18:18, 19; compare Job 32:21, 22.

Always keep in mind that there are many today who would like to ‘delude us with persuasive arguments.’ (Colossians 2:4) How can you protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”? (Titus 1:10) Once you are familiar with some of their tricks*, you are in a better position to evaluate any message or information that comes your way. Here is one way to do this:

Using discernment, we will be able to recognize those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones.” (Romans 16:18) Discernment enables you to discard irrelevant information or misleading facts and distinguish the substance of a matter.

Other ways to evaluate any message or information that comes your way (or commentary on ATS that you read) and protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind” and those who are merely using “smooth talk and complimentary speech” (flattery) in order to “seduce the hearts of guileless ones”, are listed in the article linked in my signature.

Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. The Bible strongly urges the seeking for and treasuring of right knowledge, recommending it rather than gold. (Pr 8:10; 20:15) Knowledge (Greek: gnoʹsis) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20)

Also remember that:

“There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” (Pr 14:12) And:

“A fool will believe anything.” (Pr 14:15, TODAY’S ENGLISH VERSION). See alternate rendering and full quotation in my signature. *: the “tricks” I mentioned a little while ago, are discussed on the preceding page for the article linked there, flattery being one of them (discussed under "playing on the emotions", in particular regarding appeals to pride and reverse appeals to pride that play on our fear of seeming stupid, uninsightful, unenlightened, closed-minded, etc.

You must be talking about stadium churches and televangelists who make bank preaching about "our lady of perpetual exemption". John oliver did a fascinating piece on profitless talkers and how they actually do great business selling hope to those of little discernment. You should check it out.

Any religious establishment asking for money is probably not doing great in the divine miracles department. "Let there be light" doesn't work on the electric company I guess.
edit on 18-10-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Look up the character '*' in ASCII programming language and you may understand better what 42 signifies.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
There is no answer, because there is no question.
Existence simply is, and then it's not.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Amazing how many bull# responses appeared over so many pages! I yawned my way through all of them.

The only point or meaning to life is what we abstractedly give to it. That is the fact, and the only fact. Life is empty of purpose. It is not a school, it is not a university, it is not a learning centre of anything. Each of us are just a brief spark of intelligence that is snuffed out back into the utter oblivion we emerged from. Each of us would be better off never having had to participate in the bull# sojourn of life.

I have just come back from a visit to Manchester, here in England, and I saw the usual flotsam and jetsam of people, the detritus of a supposed civilised society. If Manchester is a typical example of humanity then it wants nuking without a second thought. I assume all cities in any country are the same examples of humanitarian #hole!

We are living wrongly, we are trying wrongly to merge our cultures, and we shouldn't be, as most are irreconcilable with one another. We can't live together because we disagree too much and cannot compromise, and we impose ourselves on one another too much.

Oh don't get me wrong, our species will continue on and on and on doing what it does best, causing untold misery on each other. We are prime candidates for extinction, and the sooner it occurs the better.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What is the meaning to you?

Life is a journey. It is not about the destination, it is about the experience of living.
To me, that is the meaning.

It is amazing if one really stops and ponders life.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
You must be talking about stadium churches and televangelists who make bank preaching about "our lady of perpetual exemption".

Those would be included, but they are the obvious ones. There are those who are way more subtle about it and not as easily spotted by people who think more like you. In your case I would remind you of people like Stephen Hawking, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Bill Nye, Cristopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Michael Shermer (founder of The Skeptics Society), Michio Kaku, Michael S. Heiser, Lawrence Krauss, Bill Maher, Peter W. Atkins, P.Z. Myers and many many writers for the entertainment industry, in particular Sci-Fi (I'm a bit of a Sci-Fi fan so I tend to notice them the most*).

*: my favorite Sci-Fi shows are:

Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis
Babylon 5 (which has a surprisingly low level of promotion for evolutionary philosophies and philosophical naturalism, but I haven't seen it for a while, so I may remember it differently; I also don't remember any alternate universe episodes, as part of the promotion of this whole multiverse idea/philosophy, which tend to be quite popular in the Stargate and Star Trek shows, those episodes hardly ever interest me unless they have some impact on the storyline in the universe that the show is about, the 'real' universe so to speak, not the alternate one)
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Enterprise and The Next Generation
Firefly and Space: Above and Beyond
The Expanse

Some shows I often watch where the promotion of pseudoscience (as "science" or just some supposedly clever insight) is particularly bad:

The Big Bang Theory
the new Star Trek
The Orville (this one has more of a political ideological angle and a progressive LGBTQ agenda, much like the one above come to think of it)
Family Guy, South Park and American Dad (more the philosophical arguments and jokes when the topic of God comes up)
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (although I tend not to watch this one, knowing what to expect)
Most documentaries on The Discovery Channel, National Geographic and The History Channel

The longer I think about it, the more I could list. And I haven't even gotten to the movies yet, or shows I never watch.

Daniel Jackson: "This is... meaning of life-stuff!" I love that line.

The music is great in that show too, it really gets you in the right mood:

Of course, just like all other Sci-Fi shows, they never actually address the real meaning of life. Too busy promoting Pagan philosophies and human philosophy.

Philosophy (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

Definition: The word philosophy is derived from Greek roots that mean “love of wisdom.” As used here, philosophy is not built on acceptance of belief in God, but it tries to give people a unified view of the universe and endeavors to make them critical thinkers. It employs chiefly speculative means rather than observation in a search for truth.

What is the origin of human philosophies?

They come from people who have limitations: ...

They are developed by humans who are imperfect: ...

They are influenced by demonic spirits:

Why is it an evidence of clear thinking to study the teachings of Jesus Christ instead of human philosophy?
How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.” (Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. He has sent his witnesses to discuss it with all who will listen. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!)

Come to think of it, I'm wondering if anyone in this thread actually mentioned the real meaning of life as the Bible explains it in this thread before my comment. I haven't read all the comments. I have a feeling nobody did, at least not in the same or a similar manner (addressing the same key subjects that the Bible explains). True biblical knowledge and beneficial teaching isn't that popular on this forum, or the internet in general for that matter. On ATS the popularity level is a bit easier to tell by counting flags and stars, as is the behaviour described at 2 Timothy 4:3,4; which you have no doubt seen me quote before so I'll forego on that this time.

Most comments I've skimmed through on the first 2-3 pages seem to express the notion that life is meaningless, or they are jokes or vague slogan-like phrases that I guess sort of sound clever to people who don't know any better, like the OP (thinking of a couple of responses from the OP to these vague slogan-like phrases that I noticed). As per the regular programming in this system of things:

In 1802, English clergyman and theologian William Paley expounded his reasons for belief in a Creator. ... For the simple reason that a watch has all the hallmarks of design and purpose.

PALEY’S ideas had a profound influence on the English naturalist Charles Darwin. Yet, contrary to Paley’s logic, Darwin later proposed that the apparent design in living organisms could be explained by a process that he termed “natural selection.” Darwinian evolution was seen by many as the definitive answer to arguments for design.

A great deal has been written on the subject since the days of Paley and Darwin. The arguments in favor of design on the one hand and of natural selection on the other have frequently been refined, elaborated on, and updated. And both sides of the subject have greatly influenced what people believe about purpose​—or lack of purpose—​in the universe. What you believe might well influence how purposeful you feel your life is. How so?

The Logical Consequences of Darwinism

Belief in Darwin’s theory has led many sincere people to conclude that their existence is devoid of real purpose. If the cosmos and everything in it are the product of spontaneous combinations of elements after the primordial big bang, then there can be no real purpose to life. The late Nobel Prize-winning biologist Jacques Monod stated: “Man knows at last that he is alone in the unfeeling immensity of the universe from which he emerged by chance. His destiny is nowhere spelled out, nor is his duty.”

A similar thought is expressed by Oxford professor of chemistry Peter William Atkins, who declares: “I regard the existence of this extraordinary universe as having a wonderful, awesome grandeur. It hangs there in all its glory, wholly and completely useless.”

By no means do all scientists agree with that outlook. And for very good reasons.

Source: Purposeful Design or Mindless Process? (Awake!—2009)
edit on 19-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I seldom seek to flatter anyone. As I mentioned, I did appreciate the smiles they generated from me when I seen the post.

I can't quite agree that many of the responses are all that "beautiful and in-depth conscious answers", as you put it. Which was quite flattering for responses that are mostly rather short* and uninsightful, a bit lame at times. They may have quite a strong effect of 'tickling the ears' for you (as per 2 Timothy 4:3,4), but they are rather worthless in terms of actual insight and understanding ('profitless talk'). Those are some of the descriptions and words I'd use to describe them. (*: the first page in this thread is completely filled with one-liners, it's not getting much better on the 2nd page)

The longer ones I saw (2nd and 3rd page) were filled with worthless human philosophy, i.e. more 'profitless talk' (Titus 1:10). Of course I understand you view human philosophy as something valuable most of the times (in terms of insight, understanding, enlightenment, knowledge and wisdom). Which explains your reaction and rather flattering response. Expect no flattery from me, I'm going to follow Paul's example (1 Thessalonians 2:3-6*, quoted earlier) and will keep on calling 'm as I see 'm; as the expression goes. Regardless of what effect that has on people here. I'm not making comments for the likes anyway. (*: "so we speak, as pleasing, not men, but God"; 1Th 2:4)

Human philosophy isn't all that "beautiful and in-depth" once you scratch off the surface, or have a closer look at it. See my previous comment to TzarChasm to see what I mean with the term "human philosophy" in case that isn't obvious already from my commentary so far.
edit on 19-10-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Amazing how many bull# responses appeared over so many pages! I yawned my way through all of them.

There's a milder way of putting that. "Let your words always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should answer each person." (Col. 4:6) Give that advice a try one day, it can't hurt can it? It can only help with making people more receptive to your commentary. Obviously, no guarentee that you'll be taken seriously, and every now and then just blurting out something that is true could be beneficial as well, but there's probably a good reason why certain words are blocked by ATS. And it's good exercise to follow the advice at Col.4:6, especially when talking about those who have a habit of engaging in self-indulgent nonsense and undisciplined speculation and imagination, cause then it gets harder to use the right amount of salt and to avoid the pepper.

Btw, your comment wasn't all that much better. It seems to follow a bit of a standardized pattern, it follows the program of this system of things, so to speak (see my other commentary for details).

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire

I have just come back from a visit to Manchester, here in England, and I saw the usual flotsam and jetsam of people, the detritus of a supposed civilised society. If Manchester is a typical example of humanity then it wants nuking without a second thought. I assume all cities in any country are the same examples of humanitarian #hole!

Ever think of looking in a mirror lately?

Must be great feeling so grandiose as to label other human beings as waste.

edit on 19-10-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

We are being mentally conditioned by psychopaths.

We choose what we see, the trees in my garden are amazing.
"the mind is its own place, and in itself can make heaven a hell, hell a heaven" Milton

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

I don't see why he shouldn't.

Everybody needs to learn.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
There is no answer, because there is no question.
Existence simply is, and then it's not.

Why is there existence?
Stop evading the problem with existential B.S.
It does not cut it anymore. So naive. So simplistic. So lazy.
edit on 20-10-2019 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The universe started without consciousness. After 12 billion years the first aware beings we know became. Consciousness is the key to reality! a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

But what is the meaning or symbolism behind #42?

a reply to: raedar

It's the answer to life, the universe, everything.....

Lol

So the answer to the perception of life, the universe and everything is encapsulated in one single number: 42?
And none of you with this belief are willing to explain how this is an answer to a complex question, one number? Maybe it's 23. Maybe it's this:

Image result for the theory of incompletenesswww.youtube.com
Gödel's incompleteness theorems are two theorems of mathematical logic that demonstrate the inherent limitations of every formal axiomatic system capable of modelling basic arithmetic. These results, published by Kurt Gödel in 1931, are important both in mathematical logic and in the philosophy of mathematics.

At least that's an attempt at a more complete explanation. If you really believe it's all about "42" maybe it would behoove you to explain why and how one number represents absolutely everything.....
tetra50

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join