It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Iran is just "stalling" to get Nukes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Iranian officials Sunday doled out heavy criticism of the European Union (EU) for demanding Iran abandon its sensitive nuclear fuel work and said it wanted to see more results when talks resume this week.
Top diplomat and nuclear negotiator Hossein Moussavian, quoted by the state news agency IRNA, complained that Britain, France and Germany had so far "not shown any seriousness".

Iran was "seriously doubting their capacity" to strike a deal, he said.

Top cleric and powerful former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani also told a nuclear technology conference in Tehran that "three months have passed and we have seen nothing yet.

"If we feel that no progress is being made, there is no point losing time," he said of the talks with Britain, France and Germany. "We are waiting for them to make marked progress in the coming days."

www.spacewar.com...

When will the EU wise up that it is an old arab tactic to "stall" the enemy until you gain strength to defeat him. Or has another "oil-for-food" deal already beeen made.

*Please do not Copy the, almost, entire article.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Iran is playing Europe like a fiddle. They obviously have no intention of giving up a nuclear weapons program. More and more I fear our only hope is to try to win the stalling game by fomenting revolution within Iran before the mullahs get their nuclear weapons.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The real question seems not IF they are working on the bomb, but if they can get away with it....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Heres what I dont get. the international comunnity objects to ran enriching uranium as that s the part of the process which is necessary to build a Nuke. Iran has stated that under no circumstances will it give up its Uranium enrichment. So why do the Europeans still even bother with diplomacy?
If we know that will never talk them into giving up the part we object to why bother talking at all?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You have voted Countermeasures for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

You know I don't do this often................

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Am I missing something here? I came to the thread to see proof Iran is building nukes and can't find it

Here's an idea, why don't we all push for a global ban on ALL nuclear weapons, level the playing field a bit. Mandatory unannounced and open access to an international inspectorate (not made up of political puppets answering to a single master).

I think we should be more concerned about the bio-weapons research and development that the worlds main antagonist continues to toy with

What makes Iraqi or Iranian nuclear/chemical/biological weapons scientists evil but not our own?
Any government that allows it's scientists to develop and produce such things is immoral and twisted and it's members should be put against a wall and shot, for the greater good of the rest of us

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Am I missing something here? I came to the thread to see proof Iran is building nukes and can't find it

Yes, your are missing, the lead says "stalling". There is so much data out there that iran is working very hard to get both nukes and the capability to deliver them. When you computer melts its kinda late to go, oh, the Doc was right........

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
At this moment in time DrH, there are only two nations making threats against anybody, and they both have nuclear weapons.

So what if Iran is attempting to produce nuclear weapons. If it would help defend themselves against US/Israeli aggression then what reasonabnle objection can there be? ALL nations know that to make any first strike against a similarly armed country is to invite immediate retaliation and destruction on a huge scale. However, possession of the weapons does have the deterrent effect. Nevertheless, global dismanteling of these weapons is more desirable.
The idea that Iran is run by fundamentalist Islamic nutjobs that would hand these weapons over to terrorists is nothing more than fear mongering rubbish peddled by our own dictatorial leaders, without any basis in fact.

My own government scares me more than people thousands of miles away.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

At this moment in time DrH, there are only two nations making threats against anybody, and they both have nuclear weapons.

So what if Iran is attempting to produce nuclear weapons. If it would help defend themselves against US/Israeli aggression then what reasonabnle objection can there be? ALL nations know that to make any first strike against a similarly armed country is to invite immediate retaliation and destruction on a huge scale. However, possession of the weapons does have the deterrent effect. Nevertheless, global dismanteling of these weapons is more desirable.
The idea that Iran is run by fundamentalist Islamic nutjobs that would hand these weapons over to terrorists is nothing more than fear mongering rubbish peddled by our own dictatorial leaders, without any basis in fact.

My own government scares me more than people thousands of miles away.

Your right, if we all close our eyes, and sing together, we can make Nukes worldwide go away in an instant.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Your right, if we all close our eyes, and sing together, we can make Nukes worldwide go away in an instant.

Yeah, and mabye after that we can stat singing together we can stop mass bombings on civilian targets and cluster bombs dropped by western armies!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Nah, closing our eyes and singing won't make them go away. Maybe stringing up our leaders and those that covet such weapons might work though.

I've travelled a lot, seen a lot of people from a lot of cultures and religious backgrounds and have gotten along with them just fine. That's the way of the world you see. The ordinary people, left to their own devices will generally get along. It's the leaders, those who covet power and wealth, that screw it up every time and get the innocent killed.
Those who actively seek power are precisely the ones that should never be granted it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Nah, closing our eyes and singing won't make them go away. Maybe stringing up our leaders and those that covet such weapons might work though.

I've travelled a lot, seen a lot of people from a lot of cultures and religious backgrounds and have gotten along with them just fine. That's the way of the world you see. The ordinary people, left to their own devices will generally get along. It's the leaders, those who covet power and wealth, that screw it up every time and get the innocent killed.
Those who actively seek power are precisely the ones that should never be granted it.

I completely agree.............I would like to see someone develope and absolute defense shield..........even "startrek" like. Then nukes would be useless and converted into lead.........

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I completely agree.............I would like to see someone develope and absolute defense shield..........even "startrek" like. Then nukes would be useless and converted into lead.........

Dr Horacid,

why arent you listen to britguy and put your warhungry mind at rest for a while.You are dodging his valid arguments because you know he is right, its just not what you wanna hear.

IRAN IS NOT A THREAT!!!NEO-CONS ARE!!!!!GET IT THREW UR THICK SKULL!!!

Try if you can dodge that.....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Dr Horacid,

why arent you listen to britguy and put your warhungry mind at rest for a while.You are dodging his valid arguments because you know he is right, its just not what you wanna hear.

IRAN IS NOT A THREAT!!!NEO-CONS ARE!!!!!GET IT THREW UR THICK SKULL!!!

Try if you can dodge that.....

OK, if Iran gets nukes can "you" garrantee they will never use them against Israel or anyone else?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

OK, if Iran gets nukes can "you" garrantee they will never use them against Israel or anyone else?

Got the same garrantee that we or anyother nuclear power wont.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Got the same garrantee that we or anyother nuclear power wont.

Since August 1945 it hasn't yet with the biggest power in the hands of "democratic" countries. Well democratic at one time at least......

Israel has had them for almost as long. They have had ample justification and haven't yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Since August 1945 it hasn't yet with the biggest power in the hands of "democratic" countries. Well democratic at one time at least......

Israel has had them for almost as long. They have had ample justification and haven't yet.

Your point is?
Has there been a nuclear exhcange ever?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Your point is?
Has there been a nuclear exhcange ever?

Ok, will you admit Iran is controlled by "radical Islam"? If so then their is enough data to support 'RI's" agenda to kill all Jews.......

If not, then research who controls Iran.............then see above.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If Israel is allowed to have nuclear weapons, then Iran should be as well.

That's the bottom line.

If the United States says it's okay for my neighbor to have DOZENS of nukes, then it's okay for ME to have nukes.

If they want to use them on Israel then prepare to have your government lay down hundreds of American lives to stop it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ok, will you admit Iran is controlled by "radical Islam"? If so then their is enough data to support 'RI's" agenda to kill all Jews.......

If not, then research who controls Iran.............then see above.

America is controlled by a christian who seems to me to be a radical.
They may be radical but they aint stupid, if they nuke jews then they will also have thier own people nuked, that is a price they are not prepared to pay.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join