It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't think twice about an intervention for a loved one DO IT!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So in late 2017 my niece kept talking about this Q fella (this is not a Q thread so please hold on). Desperate to find some common ground, I indulged.
She was a 19 year old Heroin addict that had reached out to me, I took any communication as a positive. She had alienated herself from most everyone in our family. Long story short..we lost her to an overdose in July 18. I Joined ATS not long after in her memory/Honor whatever you want to call it.

I had been lurking here for a decade and learned so much but, I felt the need to actually become apart of it after she was gone.

I miss her so much! and believe every word she spoke on Q. After following her advice to look into Q, she woke up my entire world.

Q aside.

I lost another person today to that GD Heroin. A childhood friend who was a great guy, and needed help not prison.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — A day after an inmate was admitted to the Erie County Holding Center on an outstanding warrant for robbery in the second degree, the Erie County Sheriff's Office says he attempted suicide Friday. The incident occurred early Friday afternoon, the inmate was found with a facility issued bed sheet tied around his neck and connected to the bars of his cell, according to the sheriff's office. The inmate was discovered by a deputy performing a routine supervisory tour and officials responded immediately and began life-saving measures. Life-saving measures continued for 30 minutes until a pulse was detected. The individual was transported to the hospital for continued treatment. By the family's request the sheriff's office says they contacted the presiding judge who immediately lifted the warrant allowing the release of the inmate from custody and allowing the family to be with the patient.

www.wkbw.com...

He passed today at 34 years old, 2 young children left in the wake. I spent most of my day with the family, trying to consul them to no avail.

WE NEED TO STOP SENDING DRUG ADDICTS STRAIGHT TO GEN POP!!. I make no excuses for the robbery he committed in search of cash for his next "Fix" but, their needs to be an in between to allow the withdrawal to be attended to properly, before you throw someone in a cage to suffer.

God Bless ya B....

Something needs to change and now!

Mods feel free to move.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Very Sad Sab....Sorry for your loss. Keep the good memories alive for his Family when they are ready. ((( Hug )))

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Oh. This was just heartbreaking to read. I am sorry for your losses.

But the good thing seems to be that you have remained sane and seemingly strong.

I used to have a little bit of same kind of problems you described... no robberies or such, though. Now alcohol is destroying me. I have one person left. A great friend who understands, and also has tolerated much from me. Mom used to be there to help. We used to talk a lot. Sometimes she put some balance to use to my bus card. Or bought me medicines which i can't live without. Mom disowned me this summer. Can't blame her. Can't even blame myself, because blaming just drains my energy and i have none.

You also gave me some reassurance. My sister's daughter is now a bit over 20 years old, she is also my goddaughter. I have watched her evolve from a helpless toddler into a clever schoolgirl who understands new ideas and concepts fast. And evolve further, there is now cider drinking involved, dropping out of every school, cutting contact with her mom (my sister) and i am so worried i can't even describe it. I have a strong feeling that i have to do something. At least a little bit of something. Go to city center with her and have a cup of coffee and a good talk. But i feel too weak to accomplish even that.

And for those two reasons, i feel like a pathetic loser.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow, this is sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a good friend who had both of his parents die within a year of each other, one in a car wreck and one to cancer. He was a star wrestler who was in line for the US Olympic wrestling team. He was left a paid off house and nearly a million dollars. He started drinking heavily. More and more frequently. One night he just opened up all the windows in his house (at -35F below zero) and went to "sleep". He froze to death that night.

I just don't know what to say. It doesn't seem like there's any explanation.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Thanks ML! I just feel it didn't need to come to this!. He wasn't a reckless misfit who was hell bent on his own destruction.

He was sick and wanted/needed help..he just received prison time instead...Now he's gone forever. BS

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

People with mental health problems and drug problems need some type of help, not just throw them in jail. The US is lacking behind many other countries when it comes to this.

Sorry for your loss, hang in there.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sorry, I guess my story was a little off-topic a bit, but it seemed to resonate with me.

Jim was a great guy. He just lost his way.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Sounds like you've walked the road that's less forgiving. Don't for one second think your unable to help someone else. Get the F out There and try at the least!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That's terrible, and I appreciate you sharing this. I knew he had some legal problems and upcoming financial difficulties but, knowing his situation..Myself and many others we're willing to help him build it back up..Once he was out. I guess he couldn't/ didn't want to face that battle. Maybe we took it to lightly..he should still be here...IDK

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You know, just thinking about this for a second, I could go into a very long and involved diatribe about some of these issues. I won't now, but I'll give a hint about where I'm coming from. I'll cut to the chase...

I have several acquaintances who are LEO's. They often say ... "Everyone has a story, and most are long ones!" They also say..."Almost all of the stories are BS, and everyone tells you their story is really true, and all the rest are lies.".

I've heard it a million times..."Everyone's got a story."

This gives you a peek into law enforcement mentality...everyone's got a story.

The truly sad part is, some of these stories are true (but most are just lies). But...everyone's got a story.

When you scale society up to the ratios law enforcement has to deal with, perhaps sadly, no "stories" are believable. There's just too many stories.

Everybody has an angle, a story. A story about why they were in the situation they were. Everyone has a story. Everyone.

So, if there weren't so many liars, maybe the people who truly need help would get it, but everyone's got a story....and that's not changing anytime soon. So blame the crooks, scammers and story tellers...they're the ones who perpetuate the real injustices of society...because their story is real, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thank You, and your damn right!

I am 39. I've known him since I was 9 or 10.

Why couldn't he just stick to beer and the occasional joint!

F*** the doctors passing out "pain killers"

GD Mad..I keep calling his Cell to hear his voice on his voicemail...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I am going to assume your not calling my bluff, If you are please
explain.

If I am off base please except my apology in advance.

edit on 15-10-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

For profit prisons... and states that make money off of prison work.

This is the one and only reason you’re looking for to blame.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No, no, NO...nothing like that! I assure you!

My point was, help for people like your loved one is made even harder by the scammers and liars out there.

My point was very sincere. It's a shame people are treated the way they are, when they need help. Unfortunately, it's the liars and scammers who play the system which make everyone get treated so badly.

Hopefully this explains your question.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

They profit more from incarceration than rehab.. understood.

What a deadly shame.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I could write a book on this subject. And, I'll be honest, it goes right directly into the whole homeless problem. There are so many people out there taking advantage of the "system" that the 'system' cannot deal with them. The 'system' is too generous and lenient. And, as a result, there are too many liars, people who simply take advantage of the system because they're lazy. What this does is over-tax the system for people who really need the help. Scale it up, and up, and up, and everyone gets treated the same. Straight to jail for you!

There's so many people who can contribute to society, who just refuse to, that they deny the people who simply cannot contribute to society the benefits they so desperately need. San Francisco is a perfect example of this.

I get really pissed about this subject, because it's real. I'm not a big fan of law enforcement, but LEO's aren't the problem here; the victim actors are! They force law enforcement to be the way they are...because they know the system, and they use it to their advantage. And, they use it to their advantage knowing they are depriving other more needful people of the same benefits because they are simply selfish. It's selfishness of the highest order.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying!

Don't mean to be touchy..just been a long day.

I echo your sentiments..

All the "abusers of the system" made it hard for him to be taken seriously.

Now he's dead. Time to rethink the process in which they are diagnosed/evaluated.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I'm sorry, but I categorically disagree with this!

Prisons are not for-profit...no matter how you look at the books!

That's just silly. Sorry, but it just is.

There is no municipality in the USA which shows a monetary profit on a penitentiary.

You might not like the costs per annum for an inmate, but that doesn't mean they're making a profit. And there's a whole lot better ways for a municipality to make profits other than throwing you in the slammer (where you can't work, can't pay taxes, can't buy things, etc.). C'mon...be serious!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You can’t be serious? Shall I get serious?

You’re assuming municipalities... which I’m sure with the proper amount of research I can prove. I was actually referring to state inmates, state facilities, and doj contracts.

edit on 10/15/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Prisons most def profit.

Sorry for your loss, sabrechucker..do you believe in life after death?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join