It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plant Butter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Have been noticing new ads on TV for 'Plant Butter'.

Is it more environmentally friendly than dairy butter?

Or just a revamp of the post-war Crisco push on hydrogenated veg oils that clogged/inflamed arteries moreso than dairy butter?

Haven't tried it yet but seems well at least it can't be as bad as the military surplus like Crisco and margarine/spread as it's not hydrogenated/transfatty - yet somehow still thick and hard still yet?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Dairy butter is amazing. Why would I want to wreck it with fake plant ‘butter’? It sounds like a horrible idea just like margarine.
edit on 2019/10/14 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I never have never skimped on the butter.
Some people try to say it's bad for you, but my cholesterol levels are perfectly healthy.
I suspect the walls of my arteries are too slippery for plaque to adhere.
edit on 14-10-2019 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Dairy butter or cannabis butter?
I'm going with the one that makes everything taste better.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: serpo

Because people are stupid.
Daily butter is just fine, you just don't eat a whole stick for breakfast.

Everything is organic or grass fed or free range or sustainable....
People want a pill or a gimmick to lose weight instead of doing the work.
It took most people years to get fat and out of shape so doesn't it make sense that it would take years to reverse that trend?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If it's this stuff right here then:

We crafted this delicious Plant Butter that’s made with plant based oils and features oils from avocados, olives, and almonds. It tastes like dairy butter and is excellent for cooking, baking and spreading. It is Plant-Based, dairy-free and gluten-free. In addition, Country Crock® Plant Butter production results in less than half the greenhouse gas emissions of dairy butter production.

I'll pass. I do not eat vegetable butter ever. I will be the first to admit that congealed bovine lactation is not the most natural thing to eat but I don't like avocado.

edit on 14/10/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I use dairy butter where it's required and plant oils; olive, grapeseed, canola, etc., where they're required. Why use only one thing all the time?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

I am hooked on the Amish Roll butter. It is so good.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I've tried avacado butter. It's healthier than regular butter and tastes very good imo. Great for vegans and lactose intolerant.

Why harm cows if u dont have to?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Unsatured fats with omega 3 butters are probably the healthiest and plant-based products are becoming more tastier as the market meets the demand for less dairy.

However, i do understand if one just doesn't like the taste and prefers real butter.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sounds too close to that new Burger King veggie burger-and that was horrid. No thanks-traditionalist with my food.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I will stick to real butter. Why even try the new crap that comes out. We have been eating butter for many generations. Even with the screwed up diet fed cows commercially, it is still better. It also contains adequate amounts of butyrate, we do not need the bacteria in our gut to convert plant based oils to butyrate if we eat real butter.

Read this article on the importance of butyrate in our immune system. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I've tried avacado butter. It's healthier than regular butter and tastes very good imo. Great for vegans and lactose intolerant.

If you want to harm a cow try not milking them.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Its been around for millenia. usually nuts fermented in koji

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I just squish avo on my sammiches.

everything in moderation... except that.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You can get butyrate in other plant-based sources that do not contain the negative effects of dairy.

www.livestrong.com...

Why try new crap? Because there are healthier options and dairy doesn't contain any special properties that make it worth drinking besides taste. You can obtain calcium, vitamin d and even butyrate through sources that aren't high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

Nutritional science is always evolving so why not try new things?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin

Well it was designed to taste like a whopper. I'd imagine it would suck

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

You can get butyrate in other plant-based sources that do not contain the negative effects of dairy.

www.livestrong.com...

Why try new crap? Because there are healthier options and dairy doesn't contain any special properties that make it worth drinking besides taste. You can obtain calcium, vitamin d and even butyrate through sources that aren't high in saturated fat and cholesterol.

Nutritional science is always evolving so why not try new things?
The grains and vegetables contribution are reliant on proper gut bacteria to work. Not everyone can live symbiotically with those microbes, their immune systems attack them in some people. They then need to consume the butyrate or butyric acid. It also takes a considerable amount of veggies to form enough butyrate, that is why they stress five to seven servings a day. I don't want to graze like a cow on veggies, I will eat the butter they produce. Some of the margarines and flavorings contain Butyrate, but not all of them do. I am not so sure that the flavorings are actually bioactive. I could not find information on that when I looked.

We eat a lot of chemistry that kills microbes so it stops us from getting help from the microbes. The stuff they spray to preserve lettuce usually kills the microbes that we need to process it. It does not wash off well, they do have some chemicals to neutralize it I think.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I've been eating a high fat, high protein, lower carb diet now for about 3 years. I've lost 50 pounds and weigh between 141 and 143 (my ideal is 140), and my blood pressure this morning was 118/74. I'm in my mid 40s.

I think different people need different diets to be healthy. Our body types and metabolisms are different because we're different.

edit on 15-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Getting to this one late.
I love how so many people jumped right on the "This is stupid, people are stupid" band-wagon, like as if butter made from anything other than dairy is personally insulting to them for some reason. People are so GD scared of something different or something outside of their pathetic little tiny view of the world it's disgusting!
Ugh...

Anyway... I love all kinds of butter! I don't eat dairy any longer but I used too.

There's plenty of reasons for plant butter like in the case where one can't tolerate dairy products, or when one doesn't eat animal products, or when a recipe calls for something different than regular butter. # I had to make a white cake a few weekends ago and I had to use white butter.

I've tried a few different types of 'plant' butter and so far I really like Melt (brand). They make it with olive oil and one with coconut oil and the coconut oil one is fabulous! Creamy, rich... only problem is I want to eat way more than I would with regular butter! LOL!

top topics

join