It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can Residual Hauntings Be Created in a Controlled Process

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There are four main categories of haunting events, residual haunting, intelligent haunting, poltergeist haunting, and demonic haunting. A residual haunting is often explained as an emotional charged event that was impressed on a location and "replayed" to an observer in the same manner as a tape recording is made and played back. Most often tragic and violent events have a high enough level of energy to become a residual haunting. The time and location of the residual haunting are also important factors.

So it is reasonable to assume under this hypothesis that a residual haunting has the following characteristics, a signal like a carrier wave (strong emotions), a modulating signal (the event), a media it travels through (space), and a recording media (objects in the area of the event). If these are the basic elements needed to form a residual haunting, then it should be possible to perform an emotional charged ritual of some kind and impress it onto some objects that are made of the most receptive materials available.

Time and location are considered to contribute to the effectiveness of the created residual haunting, so a ritual time and site must be carefully chosen. Once the ritual has been performed, the ritual area can be monitored for residual activity with sensitive people and study groups to witness any possible effects. All kinds of monitoring equipment can be used 24-7 to provide data to refine the process.

If a residual haunting can be reproduced under controlled conditions, then it could help explain the construction of prehistoric temples and ritual sacrifice. It is doubtful though that much of this type of study could be scientifically reproduced, but if the basics of the concept are proven to be sound, then the application of such knowledge is tremendous.

If it is true that events make a reproducible impression on physical objects, then it is possible to create the technology to pick up the impression and play it back. The possible information that could provide has staggering implications.
edit on 14-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Me wonders if most hauntings are due to attachments to possessions, or being possessed by possessions where as they litterally pour their blood sweat or dreams to hopes, an some of them still could be stuck in the fissure because they still didn't pay off the mortgage or property taxes.

Saw one story from one show called Celebrity Ghost story(or something like that) where a ghost of an old lady haunted a house am was sighted here an there. One significant part of the tale was that the kids I think, got warned theold lady that there was a fire close to the house.

As for the realm of hell, God an the upper managment only knows, it would be too platonic for me even think about. Snf from me.
edit on 14-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Interesting idea.

I do know that the higher level or dense feeling of energy is palpable in ritual spaces/temples. That said, to go one step further and make this energy visual would require an intensely high level of focus and physical outpouring of energy/emotion, which normally would only be possible with bloodshed.
So I think this experiment requires violence which most people are not willing to commit for the sake of 'experimenting' . luckily.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Interesting idea.

I do know that the higher level or dense feeling of energy is palpable in ritual spaces/temples. That said, to go one step further and make this energy visual would require an intensely high level of focus and physical outpouring of energy/emotion, which normally would only be possible with bloodshed.
So I think this experiment requires violence which most people are not willing to commit for the sake of 'experimenting' . luckily.

Most residuals haunting that are reported in my home country seem to be ordinary domestic scenes. People walking down corridors, cooking, playing instruments. No death, bloodshed or extreme emo tions seem to be involved.

As a country we also have a very good history. See have many battlefield, and when our elite captured each other they would often torture and kill each other in terrible ways. Yet we have almost no reports of residual hauntings in these places.

Why would a family home be haunted without death, but a battlefield or a dungeon not be haunted despite its terrible history.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I should have been clearer. In my opinion, to PURPOSELY create a residual haunting, I believe you would need to include a very large charge, like bloodshed or perhaps torture. Conversely, it may be possible with some kind of bliss energy too but I think that would be even more difficult.

As far as the normal, non-purposely made residual hauntings, which as you mention are largely 'boring' or mundane, I think perhaps the mere repetition of the action throughout time, coupled with maybe a unique electromagnetic signature in the area would be responsible?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What would be interesting is if they could identify the energy involved in order to charge up the residual haunting event and have it play back on command. The ritual experiments would be to study what factors are involved such as what energy is created and what material retains the events the best.

Violence, blood letting or death may not be necessary for the study, just strong emotions attached to a message of some kind that can be used to help prove the theory.
edit on 14-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Blood sweat an tear as well as taxes is ritual sacrifice.

That would be like Abraham sacrificing his own son, just so he can make more for another 100 years ether way. Difference was I guess, was that some random stranger saved him from wasting all his blood, sweat, an tears that he put into his seed where job didn't put enough apparently.

It is a man made religion, all the while Jesus has an accident forgiveness policy an acts as insurance against acts of god and his crown, Satan.

extra DIV

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I just don't know how you could naturally recreate the events to program the residual haunting without some strong charge that shocks the EM spectrum/aether.

Non-naturally, perhaps some kind of EM device could be made that pulses the medium and records.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
One thread with a good case on this.

Urban Ghosts Urban Exploration (UGUE)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Don't know. If energetic personality matrices had a tendency to attach themselves to places or objects as a kind of residual effect, then it seems like there would be more places that are extremely heavily haunted. Like the Emergency Rooms in most hospitals. People are always dying there, and in very traumatic ways. Seems like your average Emergency Room would be so thick with ghosts you'd have to shove them aside to get work done. Also churches. People pouring out there emotions in churches would seem to make them ideal places for ghosts to set up shop, but churches don't seem to be any more haunted than your average old Victorian house.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to always be a strong correlation between heavy emotional energy and residual haunting. Maybe there are some other factors involved, but what those are are anybody's guess.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
One thread with a good case on this.

Urban Ghosts Urban Exploration (UGUE)

So you believe that this abandoned killer's house is an example of a residual haunting?

Seems to me to be more like poltergeist or demonic activity.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I just don't know how you could naturally recreate the events to program the residual haunting without some strong charge that shocks the EM spectrum/aether.

Non-naturally, perhaps some kind of EM device could be made that pulses the medium and records.

This is what I was thinking, that ultimately a device could be created to manipulate the effect, perhaps by radiating an electromagnetic field on the impressed objects. This device could be used to activate impressions that were made naturally to see past events, or it could be used to create impressions on a "blank" object, one that never had a previous impression on it. A residual haunting playback/recording machine if you will.
edit on 15-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Doubtful. Considering the residual misery behind a residual haunting.., who would subject themselves to that, in all reality, to torment someone else?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Don't know. If energetic personality matrices had a tendency to attach themselves to places or objects as a kind of residual effect, then it seems like there would be more places that are extremely heavily haunted. Like the Emergency Rooms in most hospitals. People are always dying there, and in very traumatic ways. Seems like your average Emergency Room would be so thick with ghosts you'd have to shove them aside to get work done. Also churches. People pouring out there emotions in churches would seem to make them ideal places for ghosts to set up shop, but churches don't seem to be any more haunted than your average old Victorian house.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to always be a strong correlation between heavy emotional energy and residual haunting. Maybe there are some other factors involved, but what those are are anybody's guess.

There may be many haunted emergency rooms, I doubt you'd hear about that unless you worked at one. Regardless, you bring up a valid point.

A residual haunting is always in a place where the event happened and occasionally a time or date is involved. Many of the paranormal investigators claim that spirits absorb energy to manifest. The energy absorbed is often heat and light but may involve electricity as well.

It seems that some type (or types) of energy is needed to produce a residual haunt but perhaps some sort of space/time wave may be responsible. Like the last set of smaller waves from the pebble dropped into the pond.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I should have been clearer. In my opinion, to PURPOSELY create a residual haunting, I believe you would need to include a very large charge, like bloodshed or perhaps torture. Conversely, it may be possible with some kind of bliss energy too but I think that would be even more difficult.

As far as the normal, non-purposely made residual hauntings, which as you mention are largely 'boring' or mundane, I think perhaps the mere repetition of the action throughout time, coupled with maybe a unique electromagnetic signature in the area would be responsible?

In short he would have to go the Voldemort style from Harry Potter, and create a horcrux

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

If you want to impress a terror, you'd be pretty twisted in a sadomasochistic way I'd say. But as Blue Shift pointed out, not all residual haunts are related to strong or terrible emotions.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

not all residual haunts are related to strong emotions.

If they weren’t strong emotions, in some way, they wouldn’t be residual. Else it would defeat the purpose of residual.
edit on 10/15/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Why would you need violence to create a haunting if violence does not seem to be required in a natural one?

In the world we don't see many haunted battlefields but we see lots of haunted kitchens. Particularly in old houses with domestic staff who lived there for generations. It seems silly to think that the same process that could capture a scene of a cook roasting a hog on an ordinary day might be recreated using the energy from a violent murder.

Couldn't the answer be something like electromagnetic waves from outerspace, or from a person with strong psychic abilities being there by pure chance?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

If they weren’t strong emotions, in some way, they wouldn’t be residual. Else it would defeat the purpose of residual.

Perhaps strong emotional events create strong impressions and low level emotional events create weaker impressions.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Perhaps strong emotional events create strong impressions and low level emotional events create weaker impressions.

Which all lead to the questioned haunting that you queried...

Which leads to my query... if they could be manufactured, would they? Under torture, sure. Voluntarily, no.
edit on 10/15/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join