It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the Sun explain global warming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Below is an illuminating graph from the book Climate Change The Facts 2017 that shows a large increase in TSI since 1800.

With an explanatory quote:

Using the IPCC's feedback climate sensitivity equation a forcing of 0.7 W/m² relates to a total warming of 0.56°C which means the Sun can account for a significant part of the warming since pre-industrial times.

Source.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Sun is the engine...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

The Sun warming the Earth ???

Can't be!
You are contradicting "experts" such as Greta the 16 year old ignorant mental patient and
AOC the toilet-cleaning barmaid !

Nonono...Nooooooooooooooo!
Don't use facts !

You are endangering the libtards' Climate -fraud based scheme to extort taxes from Everyone !!!

Think of all the gibs me Dat this could have paid for...the vote buying...Oh the humanity....

/sarc off...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If it could talk, I'm sure it could explain a lot that has gone on in its existence.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Technically the sun is responsible for all of the heat.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yeah accept gloabal warming data is a hoax.

You might find this very interesting. supergsminfo.com...

Tony Heller is another person that has done a lot of research proving NASA has been faking the data for a long time now.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
One of these potato people once told me..

"How come you never see the darkside of the sun"

as if it was like the moon..

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm almost 50 now, and I remember when I was young that the sun was more yellow than the white color that it is now.
I remember that when we were outside that the sun was hot and you would feel it on your skin after a while, but now if you go out you can feel the sun on your skin within a few seconds and it is much more intense than it use to be.
It almost feels like what use to take a magnifying glass to feel the kind of intensity that you can feel now.
I think that this is just the sun going through a natural cycle and we just haven't been around long enough to see it.
Has anyone else noticed how much more intense the heat from the sun is?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Technically the sun is responsible for all of the heat.

That's true, the sun is basically our campfire.
We have our camp chairs just far enough away from the fire to get the right amount of heat. But our fire is changing.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

*Almost all of the heat

We have some natural induction and a percentage of heat is produced tidally by the moon and nearby planets.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I'm almost 50 now, and I remember when I was young that the sun was more yellow than the white color that it is now.

Well, I have more than a few years on you, but I also remember the Sun much more yellow than it is now...and yes, it is very White now, at least as we see it from earth inside our atmosphere.
That though should not be the case, since it is our atmosphere that scatters the sunlight from its natural colour, which is... White!
As a footnote, the Moons reflected light through the same time was more blue, while looking at the 'Hunter's Moon' last night, the light from it was much nearer to White, and very bright. So, I am talking about the Sun mainly in broad daylight, while as the Sun sets, it does become more yellow, red, but even so, the sunsets are often much less of those colours than they used to be.
I would love to know much more about why the sun is so White looking in perhaps the last 20 years..whatever, but I just find it hard to get anything on paper about it.

edit on 14-10-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I’ve been saying it since the whole man made global warming thing came out. Wonder if theirs volcanic activity under the oceanic is as well?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not sure why but when I glanced at the title of the thread, I thought the Sun, they dont often get involved in science related stuff

I was quite a bit wrong, who knows the real truth in regards to global warming, with multi national corporations investing billions to pass of there truth, with over zealous governments wanting to pass of tax hikes for green schemes, the most stupid and blatant 'theft' is plastic carrier bag tax, its now seen as an income by supermarkets as opposed to reducing the number of them being used, heres a thought to stop plastic bag waste, STOP PRODUCING THEM WITH YOUR COMPANY LOGOS ALL OVER THEM, take some of the millions of pounds you have made in profit and put paper bags in stores or even boxes like they used to.

What we surely can admit is that if there was zero humans on the planet then there would be less harmful gasses in the atmosphere. Can planet earth cope with our trash output, she will let us know and she will also move to pastures new, will we still be able to enjoy those pastures......she wont care.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D
Below is an illuminating graph from the book Climate Change The Facts 2017 that shows a large increase in TSI since 1800.

With an explanatory quote:

Using the IPCC's feedback climate sensitivity equation a forcing of 0.7 W/m² relates to a total warming of 0.56°C which means the Sun can account for a significant part of the warming since pre-industrial times.

Source.

Hell yes...follow suspicious observer on youtube.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I forgot to mention that I also noticed lately that the moon is brighter and a different color than it use to be when it is full .

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I remember that when we were outside that the sun was hot and you would feel it on your skin after a while, but now if you go out you can feel the sun on your skin within a few seconds and it is much more intense than it use to be.
It almost feels like what use to take a magnifying glass to feel the kind of intensity that you can feel now.
I think that this is just the sun going through a natural cycle and we just haven't been around long enough to see it.
Has anyone else noticed how much more intense the heat from the sun is?

When you mention it yeah.... on a normal summers day Im inclined much less to sunbathe. It actually starts to feel too hot too fast. Back some 20 or so years ago I could spend ours just hanging out on a blanket.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe there is less pollution in the air and we're seeing the truer colors of them both? I mean, our country's air is much cleaner than it was 40-50 years ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

One of the reconstructions below (from the book Climate Change The Facts) shows an increase in TSI of about 4 W/m2 since 1800

Do you have more information about this reconstruction? It seems odd because it shows little correlation to solar activity. Solar activity has been declining since cycle 19 but that chart indicates TSI significantly increasing since then, peaking in 2001.

I also see a steady rise from 1800 to 1830, during what is known as the Dalton Minimum. Two solar cycles had no effect at all? Not a bump?

Does this mean that TSI does not correlate with solar activity? That seems to fly in the face of evidence and theory. Other reconstructions (and satellite data) do seem to show a slight decrease, if anything, over the period from 1960. Perhaps there is something wrong with the reconstruction you presented.

How does the decline since 2001 relate to the warming we've been seeing over that time?

edit on 10/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/14/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Global temperatures have risen most steeply in recent decades (almost 0.7 C since 1970) while TSI has been flat or slightly declining.

So clearly we cannot put it down to a warmer sun.

If solar output was the driver, the whole atmosphere would be warming. If greenhouse gases were the cause, the lowest layer of the atmosphere (troposphere) and surface would warm, while the upper atmosphere would cool as the gasses trapped the heat, preventing it from escaping to the troposphere.

That is exactly what has occurred.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Global warming is almost minimal at 0.16 of a degree in the last couple of decades. The Medieval Warm Period was much warmer when there was no industrialisation. The median temperature rises and falls in cycles like most other things in nature.

The Climate Alarmist Brigade changed the keywords from Global Warming to Climate Change when they realised there was NO evidence for Anthropogenic Global Warming. Everyone can see and experience climate change, so they now try to say that the climate changes because of global warming. Anyone with half a brain can see through that argument - or perhaps not.

Electroverse UAH Graph
edit on 14-10-2019 by Robinoz because: Correct error and add graphic

top topics

<<   2 >>

join