It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when a 'chemical attack' hits Turkish soldiers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
What does the fact that he was black have to do with anything? When you preface a statement with that racist crap, your credibility is gone before you start.

How is stating a fact racist? Hey, I'm white, is that racist? He was what I described word for word. And yes it was a massive sarcastic stretch that will be taken literally and used against me as you have to discredit, I'm aware. I don't think I'm really.. gaining or losing anything here, lol. Are people really still that sensitive to think saying someone is black who is black is racist? Sounds good to make me look like a racist though. I posted an opinion that goes against yours and others so might as well insinuate the worst. Well done, star for you.

He wasn't trying to take out Assad, if he wanted to badly enough, he would have. Russia wasn't there yet and he gave them plenty of time to arrive. He never wanted to step across his famous line in the land, I think that's pretty obvious. He didn't create and arm what we saw as the ISIS that formed in Iraq and went across the border into Syria. Those Free Syrian Army groups over there in Idlib and Aleppo area owe it to him but not the rest. They were completely ineffective and have been on defense for a long time now. They lost Aleppo too and were pushed to the Northwest corner of Syria with nowhere to go.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: Mach2
What does the fact that he was black have to do with anything? When you preface a statement with that racist crap, your credibility is gone before you start.

How is stating a fact racist? Hey, I'm white, is that racist? He was what I described word for word. And yes it was a massive sarcastic stretch that will be taken literally and used against me as you have to discredit, I'm aware. I don't think I'm really.. gaining or losing anything here, lol. Are people really still that sensitive to think saying someone is black who is black is racist? Sounds good to make me look like a racist though. I posted an opinion that goes against yours and others so might as well insinuate the worst. Well done, star for you.

He wasn't trying to take out Assad, if he wanted to badly enough, he would have. Russia wasn't there yet and he gave them plenty of time to arrive. He never wanted to step across his famous line in the land, I think that's pretty obvious. He didn't create and arm what we saw as the ISIS that formed in Iraq and went across the border into Syria. Those Free Syrian Army groups over there in Idlib and Aleppo area owe it to him but not the rest. They were completely ineffective and have been on defense for a long time now. They lost Aleppo too and were pushed to the Northwest corner of Syria with nowhere to go.

If that is the case, what was the purpose of pointing out he was, in fact, of African descent?

I've been in these Syria/Kurd threads for days, and not one time, has anyone brought that up. Do you want to know why?

Because it isn't relevant.

It's like going out of your way to point out the color of someone's eyes, or how tall they are. It's a physical attribute. Nothing more. Nothing less. Unless someone choses to make more of it than that, and that, my friend, is called "racism".
edit on 10142019 by Mach2 because: Sp

edit on 10142019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I must've thought that it's another reason that certain people dislike him or compound how much they disliked him. Not the OP nor anyone here but it is true that some people with varying levels of racist feelings used it as a reason to talk bad about him. I mean, I remember and in real life not on the internet. I had some friends that throw it on like icing on a cake. Never the main reason but, he's for black people and against us. He wants to take our guns ideaology often had a tinge of racism in it.

You can pick a fundamental reason for passionately disagreeing with and/or not liking someone, but your perception of why they do what they do and who they treat preferentially and why is a natural part of human psychology, it's just taboo to speak about except in closer, trusted quarters. Did anyone have politically correct, upstanding in public parents who from time to time would be negative in the kitchen etc about someone being black having a factor in any given situation?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel
I don't want to get into a huge, off topic debate about racism, and human nature.

I will agree that there is a percentage of ppl who hate, solely on the basis of color.

The good news is that the percentage is shrinking all the time.

I don't see a lot of that on ATS. I believe it is because ATS members are, probably, of above average intelligence, even though they may be whackjobs.

I, personally, usually dismiss posters, out of hand, when they start a post the way you did.

I didn't like most of Obama's policies, but that would have been true if he had red hair, and green eyes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join