It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christianity/Christian Churches refuse people who have committed the worst crimes????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
(Disclaimers: your personal view of Christianity is not really relevant if it differs from the mainstream view . ... aka it doesn’t matter if you do not think they will be forgiven, when it has been a Primary staple If Christianity since it’s birth.

If I go into a thousand catholic and Protestant churches and tell them I am a rapist/murderer/child molester who has served my time. Basically zero of them will turn me away.. or such a low number it is irrelevant..

I am sure everyone has heard some form of criticism of Christian theology that has included some form of this....

“Does it really make sense that if Hitler/Child molester/(fill in blank monster) Honestly repents and gives his soul to Jesus, That he will or at least could get a one way ticket to eternal paradise, But some Indian medicine man who spent his whole life helping others will burning in hell forever...”

Well if we focus on the secondary point there, should christianity allow monsters in???

Should there be some crimes where they do not even pretend You could ever go to heaven?!?!

I feel that way about any of these mortal crimes where we let those who are unsuccessful in killing their first victim go.. ...

It seems to me christianity should Be turning some people around at the door

I do not think real monsters should be forgiven or get eternal paradise..

I don’t think we should ever let them go from prison!!! never. Let alone heaven?!?
edit on 13-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Forgiveness is mandatory, but Christians aren't a door mat on which the evil can wipe their feet.

We can forgive but stay vigilant.

(... and Christians don't get to decide who goes to heaven or not. That is entirely be between God and the repentant).

edit on 13/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Please no.

I am not a church member. At late summer, i was reckless and hopeless and drank away all my money. At day 5 of no eating, i emailed a worker there. The church. She checked my income and i got 40 euros worth of payment to a supermarket. Like a paper i had to show to the shopkeeper and my ID also. For food and hygiene products.

And i have treated real, breathing, feeling human beings in an unfair way.

If i some day get back on my feet again, i will pay them back the money as a charity donation.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   

But some Indian medicine man who spent his whole life helping others will burning in hell forever...

Uh , no .
Just no .
They are covered as well
Don't know the Bible much , eh ?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

(Disclaimers: your personal view of Christianity is not really relevant if it differs from the mainstream view . ... aka it doesn’t matter if you do not think they will be forgiven, when it has been a Primary staple If Christianity since it’s birth.

If I go into a thousand catholic and Protestant churches and tell them I am a rapist/murderer/child molester who has served my time. Basically zero of them will turn me away.. or such a low number it is irrelevant..

I am sure everyone has heard some form of criticism of Christian theology that has included some form of this....

“Does it really make sense that if Hitler/Child molester/(fill in blank monster) Honestly repents and gives his soul to Jesus, That he will or at least could get a one way ticket to eternal paradise, But some Indian medicine man who spent his whole life helping others will burning in hell forever...”

Well if we focus on the secondary point there, should christianity allow monsters in???

Should there be some crimes where they do not even pretend You could ever go to heaven?!?!

I feel that way about any of these mortal crimes where we let those who are unsuccessful in killing their first victim go.. ...

I don’t think we should ever let them go from prison!!! never. Let alone heaven?!?

The Christian church, and the Christians are the real monsters here... if they aren't going to allow people in who have committed the worst crimes, then why do you guys preach forgiveness and crap like that? that's fine, you don't want to help save people, or don't think people are worth saving, send them over to us Satanists, we accept everyone, regardless of back round, as long as they truly want to be saved.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The Christian church, and the Christians are the real monsters here... if they aren't going to allow people in who have committed the worst crimes, then why do you guys preach forgiveness and crap like that? that's fine, you don't want to help save people, or don't think people are worth saving, send them over to us Satanists, we accept everyone, regardless of back round, as long as they truly want to be saved.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You are giving Christians God like powers. Forgiveness being one said power. Judgment being another.
These are powers reserved for God.

I do appreciate you expressing your own judgement. It shows how little you understand about the Pantheon you choose to bring forefront.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Stop with the eternal torture in hell stuff, it’s not biblical, it’s catholicism

If a person truly repents, turns from evil...
What chance are people to have if they can’t get help

I sometimes visit a church mostly made up of ex hardened criminals and men who have come of serious drugs
Would you prefer they don’t get help.
Would you prefer they are not encouraged to better themselves
Would you prefer them to operate amongst other criminals away from social support

I don’t think you have thought this through very much
People ostracised by society, people outside of it, unwelcome, unloved will often take revenge

Think it through

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Religions don't answer to the will of the people.
It's the other way around. Isn't it ?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Forgiveness is huge in Scripture, it's like the way to have peace of mind

The expert book on that subject of forgiving your brother is the Bible

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

You are giving Christians God like powers. Forgiveness being one said power. Judgment being another.
These are powers reserved for God.

I do appreciate you expressing your own judgement. It shows how little you understand about the Pantheon you choose to bring forefront.

edit on 14-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Of course they should not refuse after all these types would be right at home and fit right in seamlessly with the MO that is the churches facade.

If however they really want saved then better luck next time around.

edit on 14-10-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You don’t know much about the Christian religion, do you?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Vigilance won’t bring back the little girl he already raped and murdered.. sure it might help stop the next one, but then again it might not....

It may be gods decision, but the Bible and every church on the planet says If you repent you get in...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Drug addiction is not even within the galaxy as a rapist/murder...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Apparently more than you if you think ignorance of Jesus is a loop hole to heaven..
I’m pretty much positive it specifically and unambiguously says “ignorance is not an excuse”..

All those people who never heard about Jesus are burning.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

And I think that is a problem...

Someone who kidnaps a child for the purpose of raping and murdering them, does not deserve to be forgiven...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I think the Bible has sin all wrong. Getting forgiveness from God is the easy part. You don't have to buy your absolution from the church. The only path to salvation is by getting forgiveness from the people you have sinned against. They become responsible for your soul. It doesn't have to be exactly the same person. You can find your own absolution by doing good deeds for other people. It is a balance where only you know if your accounts are balanced.

I think when we die we see the light of the gates of Heaven ahead before us. We can only walk through the door into Heaven if our heart is light as a feather with regards to our own personal guilt. When we begin to look into the face of God's infinite beauty is acts like a mirror into the deepest parts of our soul. We see everything we hate about ourselves. If in that moment we are not able to face and accept who we are we turn away from looking at God. This happens if our sins are too great for us to be able to forgive ourselves for what we see in the mirror.

As a result, we turn away from the pearly gates. We simply cannot accept what we experienced looking into the face of God's infinite beauty. When we turn away our soul begins a journey down a road to redemption and rebirth. As we are on the path we are tortured by monsters and demons of our own creation based on what we experienced in the mirror. We do at times have moments where we can conquer our demons and turn back to God. If we cannot, if our sins are too heavy and great, our soul is dragged back down to Earth were we are reborn in some person living in New Jersey.

Once we are reborn we continue our endless cycle of death and rebirth until the time comes when we face God and our mirror is clean. When our mirror is clean we are able to look into the face of God's infinite beauty and experience eternally Heavenly bliss. We are so enamored by Gods infinite perfection, beauty, and wholeness time ceases to exist. We stop having conscious thoughts because we become stuck bathing ourselves in feelings of Heavenly bliss.

edit on 14-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Not true. God is more merciful and loving than that. God is bigger than we can even imagine. If someone hasn't heard of Jesus it is not their fault and God will ensure that he is fair. One would never expect a baby or little child, or a mentally challenged person to go to Hell just because they are too young/can't grasp who God is. God looks at the heart.

God doesn't want anyone to miss out on eternity with Him.

And yes, anyone who is genuinely repentant and accepts Jesus is "in". Notice I say genuinely - and God will know one's heart. With such a genuine decision comes the desire to act with love towards all others and to change their ways. It does not make them perfect, but it is that simple.

We will be made anew but still be ourselves when we enter Heaven. It is a place of purity and love and so there is no place for evil. Evil cannot exist with God''s sinless nature.

Note: many Christians are not creating a personal relationship with Jesus. Our actions here on earth will determine our rewards in Heaven, whatever those may be. Many Christians are hypocrites in terms of their actions and thinking. We are to keep our mind centred on Jesus and to grow and be mindful of who we are in Christ in all things, always. Don't let the majority of what Christians represent be your guide to what it really means in truth.

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Everyone deserves to be forgiven. The best explanation I have ever seen is the movie / book, "The Shack". Please watch the whole thing/read the whole book and then come back to discuss this topic further. I think it will enlighten you and answer your own question.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure that we all end up in the same place regardless. None of us are better than the other, and no I wouldn't be surprised to see Hitler, Mussolini, or Pol Pot there; wherever there is.

Back to the OP though. No, I don't think Christians should turn people away. That's the opposite of the whole spread the Gospel thing. It would be ignorant to allow a child molester or violent criminal inside a place of vulnerability, but church doesn't necessarily need to take place in a brick and mortar church.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join