It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something isn't right in the markets - a storm is brewing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

George Soros?

Yikes, guess the guy is pulling strings at the Federel Reserve now

He successfully took down the bank of England so guessing that after doing that he is still walking around a free man??

Nah, the FED won't bow down to Soros. lulz

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
You mean us ... or our government?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm just waiting for someone to piss off the Germans

Ja dat would be most good,
Seriously though they don't have any oil so the only problem that would cause is likely stock market fluctuations due to the size of German corporations and financial assets which are actually very substantial.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A lot of people know to watch the markets for signs of something 'big' happening ie, disaster, war etc. Could this be the markets gearing up for such an event without it blatantly being so obvious to those who follow it closely?...... Trying to mask the activity by funneling the funds in an unusual manner.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
the present 'Storm that's Brewing' is the same old Storm which created : Petro-Dollar & OPEC into reality

China's ambitious Global Trade engines in Africa/Asia/S America are causing western Bankers/BIS/WB/IMF serious concern... Add the Russian-India-China De-Dollarization schemes Russia-China-Iran oil trade without the USD...and the accomplishments of the already mentioned Nations engaged in sucking up all the Gold mining product, worldwide, for the last dozen Years or so.

layer by layer the onion of trusted commodities/assets/paper of Western Origen is being revealed as untrustworthy, having reduced value or confidence in retaining value in economies 300% in never recoverable Debt.... And Sinking at 200% more Debt per Year (all fiat monies are in a race downward to 0% face value)

the western banking-finance empire is crumbling---- the only alternative is the BRICS replacement model, the USA consumer growth model is being replaced by the China consumer/SE Asia consumer markets model---OPEC is being replaced by the Russia-Asian & Eur-Asian, Leviathan gas infrastructure delivery models with the Venezuela-Brazil Petroleum resources getting developed thru the China Trade and One-Road development systems

the USA aligning with the Saudi' Arabians is the ill-fated start of Gog Magog economic-militaristic-political Bloc (the wrong side)

I think that's the Storm you feel Brewing !

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just the usual shaking to scare the chickens into selling low so the fat cats can buy them...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
It’s about consolidation of power as they fear the rise of red China, in which they themselves created while enriching themselves, its a game of thrones and they’ve been playing for a very long time

All the more reason for us to extricate ourselves now...

I sin cerely hope Trump is actually doing this with the long term goal of bring all of our troops home...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Market corrections happen. Its part of the natural cycle of economics. But this market hasn't been natural for a long time. Its been what I would consider an artificial market for quite a while now. Using QE to stimulate spending is nothing new. Mainly because it works. Interest rates get low enough and the housing market starts moving. That leads to more spending across multiple market segments. In most circumstances I would treat this like any other cyclic evolution in the markets.

However, this is not what I would consider normal circumstances. Democrats are nearing panic mode. They are blatantly openly stating that they need to do something, anything, to stop Trump from being re-elected. Considering the depth and breadth of the lunacy on the left I doubt even impeachment would accomplish their goal. They need something bigger to pin on Trump to stand even a slight chance of getting Fauxcahontas elected. Queue the recession.

I don't know exactly how or who is behind it, but I do believe now that democrats will cut off their own nose to spite their face. I hate to say it, but I believe they will tank the economy one way or another to get themselves back in the white house using promises of solutions to all our problems. Just like with obiwamba, those solutions will never materialise. But it will get them elected anyway.

I am steering toward safe haven investing right now with the possible exception of what may be a fairly decent Christmas rally. Were it not for the current political climate I would probably buy into that strongly but I am a bit hesitant right now. Time will tell...

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

to ADD a article that touches on several of the factors I pointed out in my post:

www.shtfplan.com...

to the very few...

a reply to: Vroomfondel

I have been rebalancing for over 6 months now...by new years I will likely redeem whats left of my ROTH Account balance, which was already minus the 'Investment Cash' portion which left only the LTCGs in the Fund (high discount Fund -> making it either Admiral or Vanguard family of Funds)
edit on th31157107778214292019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Do people actually believe that we ever really came out of the recession???

Do people actually believe that America is great again?

(Not that it ever was)

Wake up sheeple

America has been screwed ever since 1913
When the federal reserve was established

What was Obama's campaign slogan?
"Yes we can"
well guess what?
no we couldn't!

What was trump's campaign slogan?
"Make America great again"
Well guess what?
Never was never will be!

Don't you sheeple see?
every president is just a figure head
A puppet on strings

They always say the same stuff!

Something along the lines of...

"If you vote for me,
I'll be the saviour of America,
I'll make all these promises...
...but then as soon as I'm sworn in.
I'll do whatever the globalist tell me to do"

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

The 60 billion dollars worth of treasuries to be purchased each month by the US Federal reserve bank are all short term T Bills with maturities under one year. This artificially lowers short term interest rates below the free market interest level these short term loans would normally attract . QE was targeting the long term bonds for purchase back in 2009, long term bonds compete with the stock market since longer term investors that buy and hold stocks often buy long bonds for diversification. Of course by lowering short term interest rates artificially the interest rate yield curve between short and long term loans no longer inverts. Over half of the academic economists are predicting a US recession by 2021 so the inverted yield curve signal isn't really necessary anyways.

The biggest impact of this purchasing falls on money market and savings accounts which were offering over 2% this summer. 40% of stocks are held by the top 1% of the wealthiest people in the world. People that have modest savings sitting in a savings account for a rainy day are seeing a loss of interest income. Gold closed at $1497 today below $1500 an ounce so not much appreciation there yet. People that use savings accounts don't usually trust the stock market but you can short sell rather than buy and hold stocks.

The online investing services are offering free trades so you can easily sign up and buy shares of the Mama bear short ETF funds that short sell the major stock indexes. Fairly easy to swing trade the market *if* you can recognize the trading range. Buying shares of a short selling ETF means you don't have to pay margin interest or be knowledgeable about which stocks to short sell. Mama bear is fairly efficient at hunting and gathering, only losing about 1% per year in fund slippage/devaluation. According to the economists there will be slightly better odds short selling soon, but again you have to be able to recognize the trading range and pay mama bear near the top. If you get it wrong she will chase you up a tree to set a stop loss order.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

forget all that just short SPY AT 300 FOR 1-2 weeks out and buy GLD calls on the dip

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

To actually short sell SPY you would need a margin account, need to pay interest on the trade while you were *stuck* and there are pattern day trader rules that require you maintain a $25,000 balance. Much easier to just buy shares of "SH" last Friday.
Wait as long as you need to interest free that way.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I buy and sell puts almost everyday, Robinhood makes it real easy and you can make 3 day trades a week, if you wait out good entry point you don't even need to use them, I reserve them for when I need to get out of a bad trade immediately

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I have a Vanguard fund too. In general I tend to stay with large cap, value yield, and equity. More recently I am moving to low risk with a portion devoted to stable income. I will think about changing that in early spring of next year if things stabilise by then.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I have a Vanguard fund too. In general I tend to stay with large cap, value yield, and equity. More recently I am moving to low risk with a portion devoted to stable income. I will think about changing that in early spring of next year if things stabilise by then.

I hope you have enough time to do the Fund switching and get positive results...

I got bad feelings about 'Octobers' and market down-turns that occur in that month

if your into astrology, the 2nd Harvest Moon in-a-row, just transpired...I caught glimpses of it Sunday evening- Monday morning at dawn moon-set

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Very interested in an astrological view of the market

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Don't worry should anything happen we have a stable genius in office.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Very interested in an astrological view of the market

I am too, but I don't know astrology forecasting...I just read & follow

for instance back in April I redeemed 98% of my INTC stocks (Intel Corp) at around $55.... the MSM is really pumping the INTC stock for some reason & it has climbed back up to ~$52 now from the mid $46 area recently

the reason I had in redeeming certain stocks was based on planets like Mercury & the outer planets like Neptune in their 80? year cycle...

I don't link my financial exclusively to Astrology but it IS a factor....equal to the impact made by human greed/surrender to geo-political changes & trends

that's my Shtick

ADD: the climate weirdness, crop growth/ lack thereof is another factor that governs my mid-to-long-term stock selection and weight-of-money-invested factors ~~~ can we say 'Solar Minimum'

edit on th31157125183216502019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Just the usual shaking to scare the chickens into selling low so the fat cats can buy them...

This isnt to What the OP is referring to. The market would plummet for a few minutes then get propped right back up, this has happened a few times within the last couple months. Almost like they're catching a falling knife. It's highly unusual.

There's probably a anti-market crash team of some sort to prevent total collapse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join