It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans fur

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

California should also shut down all zoo's and marine parks.

They may as well, because why stop at stupid.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Hawaii banned wild animals in circuses last year. Not that we get many mainland circuses here.

Good idea, I think. I don't think whales and dolphins being captured for entertainment purpose serves much purpose either, except profit. Genuine research is another matter.

Then, there was this.
www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

edit on 10/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

All the Furbys must be craping a brick.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Do people actually vote these lawmakers into office, is stupidity rewarded in the US
Who lets these people govern
Is fur such an issue in that state that it is such a priority

No humanitarian issues deserving more time attention, health issues, is fur really so important
Is it just me

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Is fur such an issue in that state that it is such a priority

Not really a "priority". The billed was passed near the end of the session.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wish everyone would ban the trade just like they did with Ivory.

The ban doesn’t take effect until Jan. 1, 2023, giving retailers time to sell off their inventories. “California is a leader when it comes to animal welfare and today that leadership includes banning the sale of fur,” Newsom said in a statement.

Supporters say the bill is necessary to end an inhumane fur trade that raises animals in filthy conditions and slaughters them solely for their coats, often using methods such as electrocution. “We’ve known from people who’ve gone undercover for years in the fur industry that it is impossible to be assured of humanely raised fur,” said Assemblywoman Laura Friedman, D-Glendale (Los Angeles County), who carried the bill.

www.sfchronicle.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Elephants are still getting poached.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For ivory, not circuses.

Is a lot of illicit ivory being traded in the US?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I never want any animal to suffer.

I can’t wait for a Veggie burger to taste like a real burger.

I never felt good about eating animals.

(Except Bacon) I feel good eating bacon.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Hawaii banned wild animals in circuses last year. Not that we get many mainland circuses here.

Good idea, I think. I don't think whales and dolphins being captured for entertainment purpose serves much purpose either, except profit. Genuine research is another matter.

Then, there was this.

I agree. Animals in circuses make up a staggering percentage of why people die at the circus.

Circus Animals Kill People

This one was also interesting,

9. Apparently there's a clown serial killer out there, sort of the opposite of John Wayne Gacy: a person who actually targets clowns. In 2007, an attacker jumped into the arena of a circus in Cucuta, Columbia, and shot a clown in the head in front of the audience. It took some time for the audience to realize it wasn't part of the act. It was discovered shortly thereafter that the assailant had also killed a clown standing next to the ticket booth. Just the year before, another circus clown named Pepe was shot and killed.

As far as using animals for research maybe we should be reminded of an old saying. Just because we can do something doesn't mean we should.
edit on 13-10-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

In regard to research, I was referring to research to aid in survival. Learning about what ails them. Hard to do without capture unless one depends entirely upon necropsy.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

They can go further than stupid highvein; *ban all living* animals within the state as fur banning could result in the unintended consequence of temptation chaos.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Do people actually vote these lawmakers into office, is stupidity rewarded in the US
Who lets these people govern

You do not understand. There is such a thing as a "Professional Dumb Person" qualifier; and the job description is that of: Liberal Democrat.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

In regard to research, I was referring to research to aid in survival. Learning about what ails them.

I can see how that would be good.

Hard to do without capture unless one depends entirely upon necropsy.

Maybe what ails them is getting captured?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: highvein

They can go further than stupid highvein; *ban all living* animals within the state as fur banning could result in the unintended consequence of temptation chaos.

Very true, and we do need to think about the animals first, because they couldn't survive without us.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Us wearing fur coats is probably much more eco-friendly than all that fake material they are inventing. I try to buy cotton Jackets and clothing, but there is still some synthetics in it. I use my coats and clothes till they wear out then use them for rags. That is eco-friendly.

California is turning into a castapo state. They want to regulate everything people do and the foods they eat. They seem to want to force vaccinations on everyone too. It does not surprise me that they passed a law like that. If people want a nice fur coat or real leather jackets and boots, they can come to Michigan or Wisconsin to vacation, we have some pretty good manufactures around here. I use buckskin or leather choppers in the winter, I suppose they will be illegal there too. It is better to use the whole cow and not waste the hide. Same with rabbits and other animals people eat, two reasons to kill an animal is better than one.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Actually alot of zoos breed the animals these days. Or get ones who wouldn't live in the wild.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually alot of zoos breed the animals these days.

The California law does not seem to address that, either way.
Hawaii law doesn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I don’t have any fur, don’t live in the US but
Find it surprising such a small number of people have such a large effect

Gonna hurt the merken makers, Hollywood celebrities and fashion people. No harm in that I guess

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I never want any animal to suffer.

I can’t wait for a Veggie burger to taste like a real burger.

I never felt good about eating animals.

(Except Bacon) I feel good eating bacon.

Beef from a cow that is pasture raised is way better than one of the big commercial slaughter house burgers we get commercially around here. Much more natural flavor that satisfies you and you eat less because you are satisfied with half as much. I learned that years ago, we have been buying full or half heads of beef every year for thirty years now. I no longer deer hunt, the quality of the meat from our different farmers we have bought from over the years is so good I do not even crave the deer meat. Two deer come into the yard almost every day and we feed them carrots, potatoes, and apples. I am paying interest on the deer I shot in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join