It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California bans fur

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

But leather comes from animals too, so the next logical step is to ban leather, right?

Try reading what I wrote.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There are people that work with leathers and furs for people that are far from rich, and real fur and leather is infinitely more comfortable to me at least.

===============
ETA: With all the issues in California this potato worries about the dumbest things... I would be thinking fondly of old moon beam over this ding bat. (moon beam occasionally had a decent thought)
edit on 13-10-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Rubber, shrink tubing with a hair dryer!

(post by contextual removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Yeah , they should have Banned Fur 250,000 Years Ago to Protect the Planet . We would All be DEAD Right Now too......

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Back then..for sure, today, not so much.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I Wonder how the Native Americans living in California Think about that . Just another Slap in the Face by the White Man i guess........

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
Europe banned it in the 90's, I know Americans are backwards but didn't realise how far behind civilization you are.
Credit California for catching up with the last century, just the other states left.
You have those odd Republican states where you can marry a horse or dog, they probably have the wrong understanding of 'wearing' fur.
No, Cleetus, that's just morally wrong.

One out of 50 states. We'll happily sell California to Europe. What are you offering?

Unfortunately for you, and fortunate for the rest of us, the EU is not the measure of sanity on this planet.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Europe banned it in the 90's, I know Americans are backwards but didn't realise how far behind civilization you are.
Credit California for catching up with the last century, just the other states left.
You have those odd Republican states where you can marry a horse or dog, they probably have the wrong understanding of 'wearing' fur.

Ah yes...

Europe, where in some places it is legal to have sex with animals, is so far more advanced.

/facepalm

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes , as long as you do not Skin them afterwards of their Fur . The World is MAD , MAD I Tell you !

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Ah yes...

Europe, where in some places it is legal to have sex with animals, is so far more advanced.

/facepalm

I guess once you sleep with it, it would seem out of place to wear it 🤣

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I know Americans are backwards but didn't realise how far behind civilization you are.

We don't charge people to use the toilet, that alone makes us more civilized.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh man. This post made me laugh out loud. There are wildfires, a homelessness crisis, a water shortage, a massive drug problem, typhus in LA and possibly San Francisco. If you forget about all of that, saving the animals should be their number one priority.

I can’t wait for California to destroy itself so I can get cheap beachfront property.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: vonclod

I Wonder how the Native Americans living in California Think about that . Just another Slap in the Face by the White Man i guess........

Interesting.

I wonder if the Native Americans get an exemption for their tribal dress for ceremonial purposes?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The fur ban doesn’t apply to used products or those used for religious or tribal purposes.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hahahahaha! I see we only respect religion when it suits us in California.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Has California interfered with any particular religious practice?
edit on 10/13/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join