It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to pull remaining troops from north Syria as Turkey presses offensive against Kurds

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Russia Moves Into Syrian Territory Abandoned by the U.S.

Moscow moves to entrench its role as de facto power broker U.S. President Donald Trump ordered the pullout of American forces. Russia moved to fill the void left by the United States in northern Syria, deploying troops Tuesday to keep apart advancing Syrian government and Turkish forces. At the same time, tensions grew within NATO as Turkey defied growing condemnation from its Western allies of its invasion across the border.

www.haaretz.com...

The Russians must love Trump!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Are we still in the Cold War? Should any American give a rat's ass whether Russians are moving into part of Syria?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
My Point being War is the Last Resort after Diplomacy Fails to Resolve Differences between Parties .

So let me ask you a serious question...Were those 50 there to fight a war or for diplomacy to keep a barrier up to stop Turkey from killing a lot of innocent people and to maintain status quo on 10,000s of ISIS prisoners?

edit on 15-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Donald Trump re created ISIS. ISIS is now Donald Trumps fault. Thanks Trump

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

My Point being War is the Last Resort after Diplomacy Fails to Resolve Differences between Parties .

So let me ask you a serious question...Were those 50 there to fight a war or for diplomacy to keep a barrier up to stop Turkey from killing a lot of innocent people and to maintain status quo on 10,000s of ISIS prisoners?

Innocent People Die Everyday on this Planet . Nothing Can Prevent that . The Middle East does not Border the United States . Our Military were meant to be used in OUR COUNTRY's Defense . They are Not Serving that Purpose " Over There " other than being " Cannon Fodder " for Weak Men who Cannot Settle their Differences with " Alleged Terrorists " through Diplomatic Means . They used their Misdirected Patriotism to Shame the American People into Supporting Conflicts that They Alone Benefit from . I suggest you Read the Writings of Ron and Rand Paul on this Subject , then you Just " Might " see where I am " Coming " From .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

Your Not Very " Bright " are you ? I can sense that . Who Created ISIS Again > ? Obama you Say ? Correct !

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

" Are we still in the Cold War? Should any American give a rat's ass whether Russians are moving into part of Syria? "

My Sentiments Exactly . Any Alleged Threat to Manipulate the American Public . Many Fall for it , others see Through the Deception .
edit on 16-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Innocent People Die Everyday on this Planet . Nothing Can Prevent that . The Middle East does not Border the United States . Our Military were meant to be used in OUR COUNTRY's Defense . They are Not Serving that Purpose " Over There " other than being " Cannon Fodder " for Weak Men who Cannot Settle their Differences with " Alleged Terrorists " through Diplomatic Means . They used their Misdirected Patriotism to Shame the American People into Supporting Conflicts that They Alone Benefit from . I suggest you Read the Writings of Ron and Rand Paul on this Subject , then you Just " Might " see where I am " Coming " From .

You didn't really answer my question. So you are an isolationist...OK We trid that in WWII...didn't get us very far.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Should any American give a rat's ass whether Russians are moving into part of Syria?

Yes.
Among other things it gives them a sea port in the Med.
I would prefer that not be the case. Sevastopol is bad enough.

Trump has not a clue.

edit on 10/17/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theyy
Donald Trump re created ISIS. ISIS is now Donald Trumps fault. Thanks Trump

All 20 of the escapees are begging for arms !!!! 😃

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Russia has had Tartus since 1971...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So the Kurds have made a deal with Assad and Assad is using Russia to help out in its occupation of the Kurdish cities where the US have left.

Are the Kurds really being slaughtered? not really seeing many movies of pictures out at the attacks been going on for days.

Russia's stated they will not allow Turkey to attack Syria's Army and the US has called in the heavy air support to warn the Turks that they're off limits too.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

1971? Do you think Russia is the same thing as the USSR? Putin seems to think so, or wants so.

But I was talking about something more than a harbor.

edit on 10/17/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is what's off with liberals....

In reality they should be angry at Turkey for invading Syria.
In reality they should be going after Syria for bombing people.
But it trumps fault?

Turkey is so.hell bent on killing Kurds they need a constant u.s. deterrent?
And people ok with that logic?

Biden and his son were involved in pay for play, real nasty withholding and demanding money.

They are the ones guilty, but ita trumps fault for asking about it and brining it up?

Is this not a completely backwards way of looking at things and not snoe a blind hatred of this president.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Your " Question " was Leading and Irrelevant . Fish are Not Biting Today Meinherr ......

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
COMMON SENSE FOR AMERICA

Hundreds of Americans murdered here at home every year.

Thousands of American babies killed by their mom/doctor every year.

Priority #1 Should be to Eliminate most of that carnage.

Then we can go save lives of foreigners, if U.S. citizens ask Congress to authorize it.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Your " Question " was Leading and Irrelevant . Fish are Not Biting Today Meinherr ......

Here is your statement...

Our Military were meant to be used in OUR COUNTRY's Defense ...

Ron is an isolationist...I'm just asking you if your are too, not a leading question.

Irrelevant in if you are then you believe unless the mainland is attacked we should not be there...
edit on 19-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
COMMON SENSE FOR AMERICA

Hundreds of Americans murdered here at home every year.

Thousands of American babies killed by their mom/doctor every year.

Priority #1 Should be to Eliminate most of that carnage.

Then we can go save lives of foreigners, if U.S. citizens ask Congress to authorize it.

So I guess you vehemently protest the additional troops sent to Saudi Arabia? If so, I keep missing the posts by all the Trump supporters who must be outraged at that act. Pull troops out that were basically the U.S. way of saying "Don't attack our allies," which was working. And the Trump supporters all chime in that heck ya, right move, no sense to risk American lives! Then he immediately sends 10 times that number to Saudi Arabia, and not a peep from his sheep. Odd, that.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Apples vs. Oranges....two completely different comparisons.

1st: The US and Saudi's( since
1951) signed, have kept the agreement and adherehered as allies to the Mutual Defense Assistance Agreement. But heck keep reading the Washington Post, that will keep misdirection and disinformation exactly at the displayed level of status quo.

2nd: Our troops in Syria were there under the UN "Unwilling or Unable" a legal international UN auspicious...look it up.

Now: Let us review the the 2nd point.

Turkey is a NATO ally, period. And incursion by Turkey into Syria placed the US (small ground forces) between at least two opposing State forces. Turns out 3 State forces today.

So defend the Kurds militarily, a non treatied field ally, could lead to US firing upon a NATO partner (despite Turkey's behavior this is exactky who they are today) then what? Or Syria, or Russia.... the conflict has proven now to go beyond our established "unwilling or unable" as now proven Syria both willing and able to repel especially with her alliances to date. Moving to repel Turkey is one signal...

If one looks at the pieces, the only decision was to remove ourselves from the situation first, deal with it later.

mg

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Still no outrage that Trump said more than once in tweets that our troops were coming home, but instead, those troops have been moved to a more dangerous zone in Iraq? Why does Trump get a pass for everything he does from his supporters? It's baffling. A week ago, his constituents were quoting Trump and crowing about bringing U.S. troops home, and away from pointless endless wars. And now that they have been moved to a 16 year old warzone.. nada. No complaints, not a word. Why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join