It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thievery Corporation - Music of Conspiracies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Are these guys even from Earth???

I'd call your attention to the :56 mark in the song, but the interesting use of flats and off-key notes throughout this song just makes it crazy good!

It's like the note wants to be there, but it's a razor's edge shy of the note. I'm sure that's exactly the effect she was trying for, but it just about makes you want to tilt your head to change the tone just slightly. Amazing.

ETA - And once again there is some pretty wild engineering in this tune also. It's almost like listening to three different songs at the same time by the end. Intro starts out normal enough, vocals and rhthym an percussion are all together. Then at about the 1:00 mark you hear them separate into 3 distinctly lines. You've got the back-background percussion line on the bottom, another song in the middle for the rhythm line, and her singing right in your face.

I gotta' stop listening to these guys, this is gonna' make me go nuts listening for all these things. It's like being on a hot spot fishing in Alaska, but it's 2am in the morning and you've got to go to work, but the sun's still out and the fish are biting, but you've got to go to work, but the sun's still out and the fish are biting, but....mental torture. Enjoyable mental torture though.
edit on 10/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
People who like this, might enjoy Portishead.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I was gonna suggest a lot of this music was born from UK influential bands especially Bristol, with the likes of Portishead, Tricky and of course Massive Attack

I am not sure of other countries history but the UK dance/electro/trip hop music scene exploded from the late 80s into the 90s, then it died a death, oh wait no I just got old

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

oh wait no I just got old

You and me both..lol, I'm a bit late in discovering these groups, mostly a heavy music fan, but really anything done well, I can enjoy.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Lets hope not, not one of Thievery Corporations tunes below

edit on 13-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Always be a dance fan until getting older now I appreciate the guitar as much, I love any music which invokes emotion, both happy and sad, love tunes like this , her vocals are spinetingling

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This will make your arm hair stand up..such a voice!

It's called "frisson" when music hits you on an emotional level

edit on 13-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hell yes, hair tingling good, can feel the goose bumps rise from that note Amy hits at :47 then her voice rules your mind, each breath capturing a memory for each of us to relate to in your own life, music be the food of love, then let me gorge on each and every heart felt note, let me ride each crescendo, dare to hold a silent moment before unleashing emotional psycology on my aural canal. Yeah music ROCKS!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It is interesting..the frisson, a common/shared reaction!

I live for it!
edit on 13-10-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

They must use some pretty interesting equipment. That, or they've got some really heavy post-recording engineering going on. Some of the sounds, effects and vocals would be beyond impossible to capture in one take. They're also using some pretty interesting compression techniques. It's like the compression is constantly changing, but it's not changing for all the sounds, just selected ones. They must have individual compression gear set up on every mixing board input.

They absolutely do. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing them live twice. Once in Austin 5 years ago and another in Tempe last year. They’re coming back this December. I’m excited 🤗

FCD, drink some of that famous wine of yours, or anything else you enjoy....😉 and have another listen.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Is there any thruth to any mesages they maybe potraying subliminally I cant really say, its not uncommon though for music to be used to pass on the writers beliefs, any good piece of music comes from the heart of the author thats why it resonates with the listener, as oppossed to pop music which is designed around key changes.

Yes, the messages are very intense with them. I don’t know if you got the point of my referencing Pink Floyd. But if you didn’t, just think of what a lot of people used to do while listening to their albums.... you will go on a journey down a rabbit hole that is absolutely amazing. All while being guided by their messages and beats.

Thats what good music should do, take you on a journey, unite people..etc
I'm a bit of an audiophile/music nut..I live for this stuff!

👍🏿 Hence, your avatar. 🍻

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Since there seems to be a few lovers of this music here, I’m going to add a link to their website. As well as a link to their tour dates. You really must see this band live. A truly amazing experience! However, Eric Hilton does not travel with the band anymore. He’s busy managing his restaurant, bar and club empire in D.C.

Main page
thieverycorporation.com...

Tour dates
thieverycorporation.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I gotta' stop listening to these guys, this is gonna' make me go nuts listening for all these things. It's like being on a hot spot fishing in Alaska, but it's 2am in the morning and you've got to go to work, but the sun's still out and the fish are biting, but you've got to go to work, but the sun's still out and the fish are biting, but....mental torture. Enjoyable mental torture though.

ROFLMA!

This makes me happy. The purpose I wrote this thread, was to show people TC’s musical mastery — that haven’t heard it before.

I’m also happy to hear others that have already heard and loved it. I just think EVERYONE should know about it. Shoot, even my 70 year old father loves it.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I cant stop listening either. Great stuff and very relaxing.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I could fall asleep while watching and listening to this every night.

Official Thievery music video.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Love them! Thanks for this thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I’m listening to ‘Richest Man In Babylon’, again right now. I used to listen to this album driving to work every day, when I lived in Sedona 7 years ago (car only had a CD player). Drive through Sedona and listen to this album!

You’re absolutely right, talk about bringing the blood pressure down and just chilllllll. While also Including — incredibly eye opening subliminal messaging for your mind.
edit on 13-10-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: KKLOCO

I just clicked on the first one I saw which is The Richest Man in Babylon. It's pretty damn good.

Hey mr Claydisk how do you do :-)

Ive been listening to these guys for eons and thats my favorite right there.
The richest man in Babylon, its the awesomest album in (my) babylon aswell

Just wanna say their dj kicks album is pretty good aswell.
On that one theyre mixing themselves and music they themself like.
Here is the whole thing for when you have the time:

Thanks guys!
LOTS of good stuff in this thread!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
For an album which tells a chilled out story, look no further than Nightmares on wax - Smokers Delight, each track leads into the next for a nice trippy and chilled vibe

There sound has become more laid back from their earlier stuff, still a classic in these parts though

Got both albums on vinyl, part of my pension plan
, hope people want to buy them in 20 years still, god dam the advent of Mp3s, my vinyl collection is worth zip now

Sorry if I am becoming indulgent now but a couple of chilled tunes which maybe unkown to some

love the vocalist on this track - Veba

edit on 14-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: link

edit on 14-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join