It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sorry that upsets you. Part of the baiting is people taking it.

Too bad they overlook the corruption with some police forces.

edit:

We don't know if it is or is not a race issue for the officer who shot.

What upsets me?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is another example of why I believe government should be disarmed and not the citizens. Government is responsible for more killings than all the citizens combined.
edit on 2019/10/13 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: roadgravel

I love how CNN has to cause hatred by making this a race issue.

Officer should be charged.

I don't see it as a race issue. Maybe some people just see it as racist instead of the truth.

That's the point. It is not a race issue. The media is doing their best to make it one to foster hatred and division.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ganjoa
Highly doubt any criminal charges in this case, unlike Dallas.
Officer should lose badge & be dismissed for bad judgement and improper firearm use.
No rush to judgement here, just my take on likely outcome. Unless of course there's more to the story.

ganjoa

Its manslaughter anyway you look at it when you are shot through your own bedroom window doing nothing. In many places it is shoot first ask questions later. 8 years would work...

Manslaughter is an unlawful killing that doesn't involve malice aforethought—intent to seriously harm or kill, or extreme, reckless disregard for life. The absence of malice aforethought means that manslaughter involves less moral blame than either first or second degree murder.

I completely agree with your assessment and agree with you entirely -- for a non-LEO.
I reiterate: my post was my expectation of what would happen, not what should happen!
Above all, my post was NOT about what I would like to see happen or felt was proper punishment.

As you pointed out, LEO's rarely get penalized, except recently in Dallas... where the evidence was devastating - and inside the victim's home, which makes a big difference for most "castle doctrine" shootings here in TX.

It is conceiveable that a Grand Jury, could find that the officer made a mistake in the performance of his duties, but that there was no criminal or malicious intent. Given the affinity between LEOs and Prosecutors, this can be exploited by the lax performance or disinterest of a prosecutor before a grand Jury. Doesn't make it right, only expected.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa

I completely agree with your assessment and agree with you entirely -- for a non-LEO.
I reiterate: my post was my expectation of what would happen, not what should happen!
Above all, my post was NOT about what I would like to see happen or felt was proper punishment.

As you pointed out, LEO's rarely get penalized, except recently in Dallas... where the evidence was devastating - and inside the victim's home, which makes a big difference for most "castle doctrine" shootings here in TX.

It is conceiveable that a Grand Jury, could find that the officer made a mistake in the performance of his duties, but that there was no criminal or malicious intent. Given the affinity between LEOs and Prosecutors, this can be exploited by the lax performance or disinterest of a prosecutor before a grand Jury. Doesn't make it right, only expected.

ganjoa

Agree, I see it a little different in the cop is a professional in that situation and should be held to a higher standard. Its like a MMA fighter whose professional skills are held to a higher accountability if they beat the crap out of someone as it would lead to a much stiffer penalties since he is a professional and should know better.

A cop should be the same....

edit on 14-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't think the gun was in her hand because yelling "put your hands up" when someone is holding a gun strikes me as a really bad idea. I think the officer just messed up very badly. I also note that he didn't yell police. This is just ugly.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Agree.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Its not a race issue on the shooting. The response could be, we will have to see. The letter from the Ft Worth mayor today gives me a lot of hope that some justice will be served here. If not, the citizens of Ft Worth need to burn the city until justic is served.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thudpuddy

The mayor was clear today: including th eimage of the gun was ad hominem in the greater picture of the incident. She appears to equal our disgust with what happened, and seems very interested in justice.

As much justice as there can be, anyway. For the 8 year old nephew, there will never be justice that will fix what broke him.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

As far as this story goes: why does an open door=call the police? Why in the world did the neighbor call the ploice for that? I know they called the non-emergency line, but still. Why?

This confused me as well. If I was their neighbor, I literally would have got off my ass, rang their doorbell or shouted in, and let them know/ shut it myself. lol Never get cops involved unless absolutely necessary...

How stupid
edit on 14/10/2019 by chris_stibrany because: quotes

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

From the short vid it gives me the thought that these cops were told there was a possible break-in going on. These cops whisper as if they do not want to be detected by a potential criminal in the house. As Krakatoa mentioned, ..while doing a wellfare check you start with ringing the doorbell and make your presence as cops known. This give the impression they were there for more serious reasons. But then again...cops can be unbelievable idiots and some are so stupid you wonder how they ever finished kindergarten and got their highschool diploma.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
UPDATE: The coward "police" officer has quit before being fired. How does that affect his pension, or does it?

he white Fort Worth police officer accused of shooting a black woman inside her home over the weekend has resigned, Interim Police Chief Ed Kraus announced Monday.

Atatiana Jefferson, 28, was gunned down early Saturday by an officer who'd been summoned to her Fort Worth home to conduct a welfare check by a neighbor who reported seeing Jefferson's front door open. Bodycam footage released by police showed two officers canvassing the property before one shouted, "put your hands up, show me your hands," and fired through a window.

Kraus on Monday identified the officer involved in the shooting as Aaron Dean. He said Dean was placed on detached duty and stripped of his badge and firearm after he was served with his written administrative complaint yesterday.

"My intent was to meet with him today to terminate his employment with the Fort Worth Police Department. However, the officer tendered his resignation this morning before we met," Kraus told reporters Monday. "Even though he no longer works for the city, we will continue the administrative investigation as if he did. The case will be completed and reviewed by the chain of command.

Fort Worth police officer accused of shooting, killing black woman after firing through her window has resigned, chief says

Statement from the neighbor that called the police....

The neighbor who called 911 about the open front door told Fox 4 the police officers didn't announce who they were or knock on the door before searching the outside of the house.

"When I made that non-emergency call, I didn’t say it was a burglary. I didn’t say it was people fighting. I didn’t say anything to make them have a gun. All they needed to do is ring the doorbell,” James Smith said.

“They didn’t park up front, they parked on the side. They sent SRT, which is the special response team. They didn’t have a plainclothes officer to knock on that door,” activist and pastor Kyev Tatum told Fox 4.

Source

edit on 10/14/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is a slap in the face to the whole REPUBLIC thing;
Shouldn't it (disarmed rogue government) be bigger in TX?
edit on 14-10-2019 by serpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

This confused me as well. If I was their neighbor, I literally would have got off my ass, rang their doorbell or shouted in, and let them know/ shut it myself. lol Never get cops involved unless absolutely necessary...

How stupid

I can't count how many times I see a garage door open late at night. I either call them, or go knock on their door. If no one answers I go in and close the door myself.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Exactly. . . not rocket science.

OMG SOMETHING IS SUPER SCARY SUSPICIOUS...MY WINDOW IS OPEN! I GOTTA CALL MY MOM errr THE COPS

*Cops show up*

NEVERMIND I JUST FORGOT I LEFT- *BLAM* dead.

Well done, Johnson. Now sprinkle some crack over there too.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, guess what?? His bond was set at a ridiculously low $200,000 (so what happened to the normal $1M murder bond) and he was immediately bailed out of jail (by his local police union, no doubt) and he is now a free man walking the streets!!

American justice system is definitely corrupt and broken!

Murderer bailed out of jail

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Do you have evidence in Fort Worth that the typical bail is $1,000,000?

edit on 15-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

The system allows a person to bond out, as long as a judge doesn't think he will be a flight risk. He has not been tried and found guilty yet.

This is not unusual.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Another Soul displaced after being murdered by those who are PAID to protect

MAY THE LORD BLESS THAT POOR WOMANS FAMILY IN GRIEF. AND MAY THE LIGHT OF THE LORD GUIDE HER SOUL BACK TO PEACE AND SALVATION.

Trigger happy...smh

It appears the Human laws are ok to break in relation to murder of the innocent...if you have the proper credentials backing you.
Understood.

a reply to: roadgravel
Believer or not FATHER SEES ALL...

That soul of the killer cop will be evaluated and assessed as it eventually REACHES HADES, in the true courts ABOVE THE.
Even if these human courts in the lower dimensional space ignore the clear ignorance that KEEPS happening. Keeps happening. Why

As a non believer it is easy to ignore the judgment of the soul, because you don't believe due to ignorance and fear.
1 can imagine how much it is to deal with when such souls of non-believers SEE that it is not over just because the flesh is goneand because they chose NOT to Believe...it's actually beginning. As many keep alerting...

HUMANITY HAS GOT TO DO BETTER GLOBALLY FOR THE JUDGES OF MANKIND MAY BE CLOSER THEN MANY THINK.

Be Well ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join