It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Sentinels From Advanced Civilizations And The Lurker Hypothesis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968
What would be a scarce commodity for a limitless being? Limits

At this point you might start to simulate limits again just to give existence a meaning, for example a human life on earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
I believe that squirrels are biological robots sent to observe humans by an alien race.

As I've said elsewhere, mosquitoes. They even take blood samples.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wonder, then, if there are Von Neumann / Bracewell probes lurking about in our space neighborhood, what would be the trigger that would cause them to either transmit the information back to the builders, or contact us directly and welcome us into the Galactic Brotherhood, or detonate an anti-matter bomb and destroy us as potential competition.

Atomic bomb blast, possibly. But if that was the case, then they probably would have already started their contact / destruction mission. Warp drive? Amplified psychic contact? Whatever it is, we apparently haven't gotten that far yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

This theory is nothing new at all, it's over a century old.

Look up "Von Neumann Probe"

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It may seem off-topic but I want to throw in what came to my mind when reading the previous posts:
In a time where rationalism is killing religious beliefs, I guess its understandable that we humans are seeking for something or someone (way beyond our capabilities and knowledge) who watches over us.

I only can appeal to our rationality, we are able to defeat all our problems by ourselves!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eiieu
I only can appeal to our rationality, we are able to defeat all our problems by ourselves!

I guess it all depends on what you consider to be problems. Death and disease, for instance, play a very vital role in protecting our species from rampant mutating viruses. We die so our future generations will have our resources and immunities. So we don't want to be too quick in defeating the problem of death.

I also think that we don't know nearly enough about Earth's weather and climate systems, and if we go fiddling around with them too much we might be in for a very bad time.

We're pretty good at solving small problems. But, no, I don't need a powerful alien civilization to protect me like I was a chicken in a coop, anymore than I need a grandpa god in the sky to tell me how to be nice to people and promise me a cloud and a harp if I'm a good boy.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

My apologies, I used the wrong word. Instead of problem, I wanted to say challenge. We shouldnt rely on others but try to manage our situation on our own.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eiieu

My apologies, I used the wrong word. Instead of problem, I wanted to say challenge. We shouldnt rely on others but try to manage our situation on our own.

I think until the aliens show up in fleets above our major cities, we're gonna be stuck with having to figure things out for ourselves. So... THANKS FOR NOTHING, ALIENS!
edit on 17-10-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Nice Carl Sagan reference there - he did once think our moon was a 'reasonable alternative'.

The man was ahead of his time , he should have lived now to see it all happen what has been revealed over the years..

I remember him talking about a tesseract not even understand what it actually meant and still have trouble to even fully understand that whole idea behind it, but his explanation made sense to understand.
edit on 0b02America/ChicagoSat, 19 Oct 2019 06:10:02 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 19 Oct 2019 06:10:02 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

[quote[THANKS FOR NOTHING, ALIENS!

That's an accurate assessment IMO. Whatever people have perceived over the ages, it has been a long con as far as coming clean with us as to what they are and what they want. Rather than any real communication or assistance, it has been eternal theater that is designed to keep us confused and doubting. That might change if we ever get the ability to reach out and touch them, but until then, it will just be more of the same old "now you see me, now you don't".

Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I dont know about the biological robots. But I do believe
squirrels dont um poop.. I've seen countless squirrels, never one pooping. Lol.
So maybe you're on to something with the robots, would explain alot.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frostmore
a reply to: ARM1968
What would be a scarce commodity for a limitless being? Limits

At this point you might start to simulate limits again just to give existence a meaning, for example a human life on earth.

Energy. I doubt anyone ever gets to the point where they can't run out of that.

Which is one reason they probably wouldn't invade Earth. They're probably more interested in quasars or other super high energy output stars systems. Our sun would be mediocre by comparison to a lot of the stars out there.

Also entertainment. Which would help explain the lurkers.

I'm sure technologically immortal beings must get bored over time. After a few millennia you'd reach a point where you've pretty much heard all the good jokes, and seen all the good movies (including remakes.)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Homefree
I believe that squirrels are biological robots sent to observe humans by an alien race.

As I've said elsewhere, mosquitoes. They even take blood samples.

I believe that one of the alien races we will meet will be like beetles , big space beetles

reason I suggest this is that there are over 350,000 species of beetle on earth, this is more than any other species of life combined

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I believe that one of the alien races we will meet will be like beetles , big space beetles
reason I suggest this is that there are over 350,000 species of beetle on earth, this is more than any other species of life combined

Six legs, not two, seems to have some very important advantages to survival. In a very vivid dream I had, that's pretty much what they looked like. Not beetles, though. Giant 8-foot-tall cicada / cockroach things that would communicate by shrieking so unbearably loud they immediately triggered a fear response. (If they weren't scary enough already.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join