It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rooftop Madman" Terrorising entire Neighborhood in Argentina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Argentina - 'Rooftop Madman'
From Scott Corrales
[email protected]
INEXPLICATA - The Journal of Hispanic Ufology

Infobae.com
3-7-5

Local residents say it jumps from house to house, is dressed in black and has red eyes. After hundreds of complaints, police is looking for it. Listen to the Sheriff's story on Radio 10.

Santa Fe is jumping. Residents of the southern area are frightened by the appearance of a strange entity they've dubbed "the rooftop madman" and who -- according to their accounts -- leaps from roof to roof engaging in acrobatics.

Witness claim it stands two meters tall, is entirely clad in black and wears a balaclava; it sports a cape and its eyes shine red according to the information received by researchers. This character is able to cross the streets by leaping from one rooftop to the next, taking acrobatic leaps that can be of up to five meters high and ten meters long.

"He looks like the cat man," say some locals. "His outline is barely visible, his figure. He never showed his face, but they say they've seen his eyes and that they have a reddish cast."

In an interview with Radio 10, Sheriff Gabriel Legstra acknowledged that "there is a widespread psychosis. In recent days we have received hundred of reports at our radio command center."

"On Tuesday I dispatched 18 units to assuage people's fears. But ultimately there is no other crime than tresspassing here. The character goes from one roof to the next, appears inside a house, has pressed his face against a window but hasn't attacked anyone."

The psychosis is growing among residents of southern Santa Fe in spite of having never been attacked. Police confirm that in recent days calls have multiplied, reporting a man leaping from one rooftop to the next "like a madman".

According to Diario La Capital, he first appeared in Barrio Centenario, only meters from the Colon Stadium, but they say he was seen closer to town, such as in El Arenal, San Lorenzo, Chalet and Santa Rosa de Lima. This is the area most affected by the 2003 floods.

In any event, despite the intense combing of the area by dozens of officers, police were unable to find the character, but advised the public to remain calm, since there are reports within the force that some local residents directly tried to shoot the entity to death.

Mystery grew when several witnesses said that "bullets won't do anything to it. Its eyes gleam red when it it mocks those who try to hunt it."

A resident of El Arenal claimed having fired 17 times against it without bullets having the least effect, while the ghost did nothing but provoke it, howl like a beast or cry like a child, making dance steps on the rooftops over which it treads like a cat.

"People are afraid of being attacked, beaten and robbed by this man. They fear he will break into their property and are defending themselves," say those in Regional Unit 1 who in turn describe the locals as "expectant and armed with knives and sticks."

Most locals describe a being that appears to have sprung froma comic book: large in stature, who not only wanders the rooftops but also crosses the streets in a single bound and can climb smooth walls up to six meters high. "It's the Devil," say the bolder or more imaginative ones.

Sheriff Legstra said that a woman told him that "the entity pointed at her with its finger and left her paralyzed."

Another local woman said that last Monday, during an intense rain, the phantom managed to jam the car doors of a vehicle with 7 passengers aboard, who were armed and ready to hunt it down in spite of police warnings.

Others decided to stand guard 24 hours by the doors to their homes, armed and vigilant. But it has not been possible to capture it up to now.

Residents of the southern section interrutped traffic, claiming greater lighting for the area, since may are afraid to leave their homes alone.

Translation (c) 2005. Scott Corrales, IHU. Special thanks to Liliana Núñez.
www.infobae.com...#

Interview with police chief of "Santa Fe" (Spanish)
www.infobae.com...

Related Stories (Spanish)

The "Rooftop Madman" in Santa Fe: dresses in black, had red eyes and could jump more than five meters in height
www.elheraldo.com.ar...

The "Rooftop Madman" still terrorising
www.deradiosomos.com.ar...

The "Rooftop Madman" causes panic in neighborhoods of Santa Fe
www.derf.com.ar...

Chupacabras?: A misterious entity causes panic in Santa Fe
www.lavoz901.com.ar...

The Rooftop Madman
www.dataunosantafe.com.ar...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DreamMaster]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Argentina - Rooftop
Madman Seen At Window
From Scott Corrales
[email protected]
INEXPLICATA - The Journal of Hispanic Ufology

The Devil At The Window
Commotion in Barrio San Lorenzo over accounts of a ghostly entity.

Bulldog edition of 'Diario El Litoral'
3-7-5

Residents of Santa Fe neighborhoods like Centenario and San Lorenzo are in an uproar over the insistent stories concerning the appearance of a ghoslty entity.

It is for this reason that many--at nightfall--lock themselves and bolt the door. In all fairnes, it must also be said that others pluck up their courage and go out in search of the ghost, armed with sticks, machetes and dark intentions.

This same scene has repeated itself day after day over the past two weeks, but last night's chapter was, without a doubt, the one that reached the greatest dramatic intensity.

Until yesterday, the mysterious entity only leaped from one rooftop to another and vanished as quickly as it had appeared. Last night was different: it dared invade a family home.

Around 22:00 hours, Elsa let out a scream that was heard all along Entre Rios Street and gave everyone goosebumps -- so much that even the hardend boys of the El Pasillo gang were alarmed.

Elsa, a hairstylist whose salon is located in the heart of San Lorenzo, took to the street --surrounded by nephews--to tell anyone willing to listen that while she bathed the youngest one, the ghost pressed its face against the bathroom window, showing its claws menacingly and fixing a menacing stare on her.

Everyone remained in suspense after this new story, but immediately, those who were standing guard appeared in vast numbers, wielding heavy clubs, sharp machetes, stilettos, penknives and even humble kitchen knives.

Thus armed and willing to settle the score, they went out after the apparition while various police patrols reached the site with the intention of avoiding a possible lynching or a tragic mistake among the vigilantes themselves.

That's when we heard, amidst the tumult, some frightening stories. Ruben agreed with Elsa when she said that the phantom has red eyes like fire and added that the horrifying personage dresses in black from head to toe.

Ruben also said -- while everyone around him nodded -- that the character being sought is a tall man with a long, wavy mane of ahir. Aside from that, our interviewee sworn having seen it -- together with other neighbors -- as it escaped from Elsa's house, leaping from rootop to rooftop.

"How do you explain," he replied to a question we asked, "how this guy can climb a smooth wall six meters tall? How can you explain that it can leap across the street in a single bound, like it crossed Entre Rios street tonight, unless it was the Devil himself?"

When a respectful silence had settled around Rubén -- a silence that would only be interrupted by the appearance of a police officer, who asked in turn: "How can you explain how we couldn't catch him, when we shot him three times and hit him twice?"

Believe it or bust. But the mystery, the night watch and the risk of a fatal mistake were still latent in the southern area neighborhoods when we returned to the newsroom. To tell the tuth, where and when the next chapter will be written is something we still do not know.

Translation (c) 2005. Scott Corrales, IHU. Special thanks to Liliana Núñez.

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
That's all very interesting. If the stories are true and that this guy isn't of extra trerrestrial origin, then he must surely be a genetically enhanced human being. Either that or this is a very elaborate hoax.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Is it just me or is this quite similar to Jumping Jack?

JAK

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Indeed Merka, that was what the story brought to my mind too. Fascinating posts DreamMaster.

Jack

[edit on 7/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Yeah thats what I thought. Its quite an intreasting story. Anybody know of any folk legends around this area?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Fascinating posts DreamMaster.

Jack

Thanks

I was prety fascinated myself and that is why I decided to share this info with you guys. Another interesting detail not mentioned in the translated articles is that residents have been blocking roads and protesting to get more atention from the authorities.

I don't know much about "Jumping Jack" but the first thing that crossed my mind was that this entity is similar to "Mothman".

Here are some articles regarding flying hunamoids that may be related.

An Unidentified ‘Flying Humanoid’ Filmed Above Santa Monica?
www.cropcircleanswers.com...

Mexican Policeman Attacked By A Flying Humanoid Entity
www.rense.com...

What The Hell Was That Thing?
www.rense.com...

MOTHMAN the enigma of point pleasant
www.prairieghosts.com...

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DreamMaster]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I think you mean Spring Heeled Jack. That's who/what this story reminded me of too .

Try these links for more info.

www.spartechsoftware.com...

theshadowlands.net...

freespace.virgin.net...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Edit: You got the post before me

Reminds me of Spring Heeled Jack who was an entity who terrorized England during the 1830's onward. He was able to leap great heights and spat "blue fire" in peoples faces.

Also, at a few of the incidents, several cloven footprints were found which led some people to believe he was the Devil.

Another story from a book i read, said that in a small English town after it had snowed, there were the weird footprints as stated above that went along the ground and stopped as the tracks went onto the roofs of houses...

The ATS Post

Site that describes all the sightings

Final note: The last sighting was in 1920 so maybe he's moved on

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Kasra]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

I think you mean Spring Heeled Jack. That's who/what this story reminded me of too .

Yes well he did JUMP at least

Maybe he accidentally jumped onto a boat to Argentina.

I don't know much about "Jumping Jack" but the first thing that crossed my mind was that this entity is similar to "Mothman".

But mothman fly... This one just jumps, apparently. Plus as far as I know, the mothman sightings reports a much more "unworldly" being rather than something humanlike in a black cloak. Or at least that's the impression I get from reading the above account, not too sure.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has this already happened in India a few years ago, of the so called monkey man that would attack people at night and jump from roof to roof, and it created mass panic, just like this. That is very interesting!

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I wonder why no one has ever thought of getting a picture of this humanoid jumping around on their roofs?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I found 2 alleged Mothman photos:

Although I think the first one has been debunked before.

JAK

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I attempted to clean the image up a little
Jack

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is quite interesting...

but a few points have kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

In the first post, there is mention that this being wears a cape. a cape?!

in both posts, there is mention of this being pressing it's face against a window and looking in... yet the only real descpition of this being is that is about 2 meters tall and had red eyes and claws. no describption ot a face or other features.

also, a few times it's refered to as a ghost?!?

very very interesting either way

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kasra
I found 2 alleged Mothman photos:

Although I think the first one has been debunked before.

How anyone could think the first one was Mothman I dont know but this story is really interesting. The fact that its happened before makes it really beleivable AND the reports match up.

Id really love to hear more of this

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Try to save your excitement for when somebody captures this guy, or at least films him clearly. These things usually never get past urban legends to the eyes of the world. Look how much fuss was kicked up over India's evil monkey with the strange suit and buttons. What ever happened there?
Regardless of whether this thing is real or a case of mistaken identity though, it's still really interesting reading about the town's reaction to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

In the first post, there is mention that this being wears a cape. a cape?!

in both posts, there is mention of this being pressing it's face against a window and looking in... yet the only real descpition of this being is that is about 2 meters tall and had red eyes and claws. no describption ot a face or other features.

Actually, it seems the Argentina story includes this discription:

"Witness claim it stands two meters tall, is entirely clad in black and wears a balaclava; it sports a cape and its eyes shine red according to the information received by researchers."

If this entity is indeed waring a balaclava, the only facial features that would be readily seen are the high bridge of a nose (maybe), and the entities eyes.

Just wanted to point that out.
. I too was intringuged by this thread. I recall hearing about these ah..."jumpers" in various countries for years now.

I'd love to find out if any new information gets posted in this thread. Color me curious.

-VW

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Is it just me, or has this already happened in India a few years ago, of the so called monkey man that would attack people at night and jump from roof to roof, and it created mass panic, just like this. That is very interesting!

No, you're exactly correct. This was just a while ago (not quite a year I think), and this made international news (legitimate news). A street gang in India was perpetuating a local myth of the "monkeyman". They'd have a couple guys wear the same clothes and then appear on one rooftop, then the other would pop (in the same clothes) on another rooftop, etc. (making it appear that he jumped to get there, even though not actually seeing the "jump" itself) and they actually caused many people to jump to their deaths out of fright as I recall. They even went so far as to sometimes wear fur and masks in committing their crimes. At least this was the police version of events after incarcerating the youths responsible. So far, no repeat incidents that I'm aware of, so I'm inclined to believe the police version of events...

Could be the same kind of thing in these places, but some of these other legends go back a while, so who knows?

attempted to clean the image up a little

Couldn't this just be a maintenance worker on the bridge?

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
hey how about one of these guys

www.big-boys.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join