It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Great educational info on Chimps!
Sadly I have to admit I loath the lesser primates to the point I refuse to go anywhere near their exhibits at the zoo so need to have another adult present to walk my kids thru. Even outside the Primate House their calls creep me out an set my teeth on edge. So I appreciate learning something new since I'm rather late to that particular party.

Going off on a different tangent I've come across what looks to be a "new breed" of bigfooter. Something this subject has needed for many years. One such is Steve Isdahl who's been a hunting guide up in BC for many years. His no nonsense approach is long overdue in this field.

Saying bigfooter and NOT researcher because he does not self identify as a researcher. His main talking points include why aren't we told about them being in different area's as pertains to outdoor activities, his disgust at most of the larger BF organizations withholding information, his disappointment that everyday people get treated shabbily by friends and family if they've accidentally had a sighting, plus more.

Now altho this is controversial, I have to agree with him on many things. I've watched bigfootery since the beginning an it has been nothing less than disappointing. Know nothings doing ridiculousness out in the woods an proclaiming themselves "experts" with very few exceptions. NONE of them were of any help, didn't have any answers but spent inordinate amounts of time chasing places where bigfoot used to be, but couldn't tell you where they are.
(rant over)

It's past time we DID tale a different approach to all this an it's WAY past time for some straight talk. Unfortunately some aren't going to like it because they've bought into all the malarky out there. Now I've admitted I'm not a fan of youtube or podcasts but I've bitten the bullet out of fairness to the other posters here to look at their material.
This probably isn't his best video, but I couldn't pick.

Spoiler alert, mature language.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've spent a lot of time in the forest of BC and Alberta. Only ever saw a moose once walking towards me on an old logging road and that was a huge creature plus deer and elk, must be thousands of them out there, how often do you come across them?
I don't see why a Bigfoot with half a brain not be able to keep to himself and stay unobserved by us, especially at night

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
One such is Steve Isdahl who's been a hunting guide up in BC for many years. His no nonsense approach is long overdue in this field.

I used to go fishing as a child/teenager near a fishery where Trout was being raised. I remember one year they started putting up these 30 foot high (or so) thick wired fencing around the entire outdoor fish storage complex/canals (which were huge to start with and maybe took up two and half to three acres). I remember asking the guy there tending to the fish one day, I had assumed he was a Forestry or DFG (Dept. of Fish and Game). I asked if they were getting 'ripped off' of fish? He looked at me and said that they were trying to control a Predator problem and the safety of the Fish and Tourist was a big concern.

So because of that memory (and reports I had read), I started doing mkore research on Fisheries and BigFoot. It made sense to me that if they were trying to keep a predator out that required 30 foot tall fencing,,, well that must be really some predator.

So I've been watching Steve's "How to Hunt" for about 8 month's now. Started with a video entitled; "SASQUATCH ......Fisheries Officer Told Me". I immediately liked his no-nonsense approach and just telling it as honestly as he can as he doesn't care anymore what the heck people might think.

Very refreshing. If I were to do an investigation in BC, I'd love to him along, I'd feel a little more at ease (probably by not much).

Just for giggles here is that video that made me subscribe to his channel (thats how much I liked his delivery/presentation, I subscribed.. and I don't subscribe much to anyone's channel).

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Like I said, their disposition towards Bigfoot MAY be influenced by the Bible because of the "nephilim" rumor, bestiality, and possible actual hybridization because "god" hates these like most other things and triggered his genocidal tendencies.

Then there are economic ramifications of declaring them critically endangered and protecting their habitat like others have pointed out.

Anyway, government wants to exterminate them and is actively doing so.

Happy Holidays.
edit on 22-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

FYI: He subscribes to superstitious supernatural sasquatch (nephilim.)

i.e. by "he" that means Steve of howtohunt

Happy holidays, guys.
edit on 22-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Not that I recommend going looking for them, but you have had past activity to your north west over at Bon Echo.
Ironically we went camping in eastern Canada to avoid them.
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 24 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject

FYI: He subscribes to superstitious supernatural sasquatch (nephilim.)

i.e. by "he" that means Steve of howtohunt

Happy holidays, guys.

I'm a fan of the "plain speak", but I don't get all fixated on just one personality. Anyone I have run into who's had real experiences has been just matter of fact, here's the deal, an no nonsense.

Unfortunately lots of the big names in the field are spending way more time in their heads than in the woods. Altho I have to add, cutting up an acting the fool out in the woods doesn't count. They however disagree...ROFL!

I've said before I stick mostly to the biological facts as we know them instead of delving into the more unexplainable aspects. I've heard the Nephalim theory many times an for me personally it's more "lazy thinking". It may be that for some people it's the only thing they can relate their experience to.

For me it's neither "out of the box" thinking, nor is it the big reveal we've all been waiting for.

That's where I have to disagree with Mr. Isdahl and others. From what I've experienced nothing the bigfoot do is impossible without some dedicated study. For example Penn&Teller have a field day with people just thru misdirection!!! True Native American practitioners of "the medicine work" seemingly bend the rules of our physical world. However just because we don't have a layman grip on how, doesn't disclude that bigfoot isn't as adept, or doing anything that can't actually be done.

By jumping to the conclusion they are nephalim people have automatically given up. people are buying into a conflict (good vs evil) that probably doesn't even apply. Plus they are ceeding to the notion they are SO supernatural we are by default fairly helpless without religion. Another can of worms.

So far, in what I know for sure, Bigfoot is it's own thing.
Not us, but definitely NOT a biblical character. It breathes, it poops, it has kids, it eats, it also does some really stupid stuff. Who waits for the only car on a back road to run out in front of it? Seriously???

First people ran with the idea they were the "missing link". Now it's easier to stop thinking an go with Djinn, or nephalim, alien slaves, or whatever the current de'jour theory is. Right now we do know some things, but we have so much more to learn. It's way too early to "settle".

This isn't the post I'd meant to write, but it bugs me that people keep dropping their common sense at the door when it comes to bigfoot. I've been infra-sounded an just because they can direct it at an object doesn't make it any more mysterious than an elephant or tiger doing it. I've absolutely had "the wall of fear" projected at me as well an while not pleasant it only works if you react. If you analyze it it's nothing more than us being NOT sensitized like we are with human violence. So it hits us hard. Still, it's nothing humans haven't done over the centuries.

The disappearing thing "can" be misdirection as much as them knowing how to bend the rules of our actual physical world. Or them playing with our limited knowledge of it. Biologically our eyes suck at seeing in the spectrum's other animals and insects do. We're a little handicapped that way.

MERRY XMAS ALL!!!!

edit on 24-12-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I grew up as a Minister's Son... and I can't recall after Noah the Nephelim being mentioned again as part of the reason for 'said flood' was to wipe out the one's that came down and took 'daughters's of men' to have relations with. (If we put any stock at all from a biblical viewpoint).

I've wrestled with that storyline and others for years. If I were to go beyond the concept that what appears as magic just hasn't been scientifically figured out, then the other idea that makes more sense to me than the Nephelim theme would be inter or ultra dimensional appearance of some entity. And I don't say I subscribe to it either... But if we take some of the reports of appearances/disappearances of a large Bipedal to be in any way true, then I'd be hard-pressed to say I can't factor this or that simply because i don't agree with it's concept.

It's a conundrum for sure, as in those type of reports, I still have to toss that information somewhere, even if it doesn't make any sense to me (at this time). And just because something doesn't fit into our/my paradigm doesn't mean that 'something still didn't happen regardless of how magical it might appear...... I've just not figured it out yet. Sort of falls into one of Clarke's 3 Laws:

# 3) Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

And so again a conundrum as anyone that says they've got it all figured out will probably go into my 'least believed' file department.

Oh what a tangled web I weave for myself.
Johnny

edit on 12/26/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Oh my... the Typos

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yeah, Some reports are just "seemingly" out there, but I don't doubt the person reporting it. They saw what they saw.
Just because I can't explain it doesn't matter. Some things just have to have a pin stuck in them until more information pops up or science catches up.

In my mind the weird stuff is filed more by location since not all bigfoot are adept at all the different skills they are reported to employ so that's just what makes sense to me. The bigfoot in this area can "do this", others in another region "do that" kinda thing. Useful to know but not always explainable ... yet.

I'd read way back on Harrison's website some aboriginal stories of I think the smaller version of yowies ( D name?) that were reported to actually reside in trees. Not up in trees, but actually IN trees. Over in the southwest of oz? Now I'm not going to try an westernize their experiences by concluding that trees are portals, or those yowies are inter dimensional , but I would have liked to learn more of what the Aboriginals think of it. How they explain it.

It may be relevant to what happens here in North America or not but without more info we won't know.

edit on 26-12-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Now I'm not going to try an westernize their experiences by concluding that trees are portals, or those yowies are inter dimensional , but I would have liked to learn more of what the Aboriginals think of it. How they explain it.

Funny you mention the Aboriginals and their lore/stories as I just purchased/ordered two books the other day.. one called "The Yowie, In search of Australia's Bigfoot" by Tony Healy & Paul Cropper (excellent book so far as it includes a historical reference with articles). And the other book entitled; "Bunyips and Bigfoots, in search of Australia's mystery animals" by Malcolm Smith.

With regards to the Westernizing their experiences.

There's a guy called Colorado Bigfoot whom I believe to be both bipolar and having ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). I don't subscribe to his pareidolia of seeing Bipedals in every knook and cranny and blobsquatch pic. But with that said... he does goes into areas that have wonderfully constructed 'structures'.

He is a firm believer in that all the trees and the connecting touch of such hold some form of power for the bipedals. Now as crazy as that may sound... ans as you've pointed out with the wood or tree spirits living in the trees, there are a number of worldwide myth's/stories that are similar including those that also live in rocks/boulders.

This is another one of those areas that although I don't subscribe to them.. I have to place those reports/sightings somewhere (in my HUH? file cabinet) until something else similar pops up.

On a strange tie-end remark.. with the supposed newly public claim that the hairs of a hairy bipedal (might) have fiber-optic properties and reflect the surrounding colors they're in... well that would (possibly) explain why we think they can disappear into a tree/rock/brush whatever. Simply because they're blending in... not disappearing... just blending in.

Above theory/conjecture is mine (of course).
Johnny

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Have been having some interesting emails and discussions with other researchers/Investigators on the subject of BigFoot possibly being Autistic. When I first heard of this several years ago I thought "well there's a different idea and approach", but I didn't really put too much thought into it.

But as time passed, I started reading up on this theory and started looking back through my file cabinet full of reports and noticed that some of these had some ear-marks that one could've interpreted as having the same qualities/actions.

Here's a video of a gentleman that deals with Autistic folks professionally and his thoughts on this subject.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have heard some people who claim to have looked into their eyes that the more human looking Bigfoot reminded them of native Americans with down syndrome.

Just to be clear here, I don't think it's wrong for people to have superstitious supernatural takes on the sasquatch.

"The trees are portals" isn't westernizing at all.

That's the exact same kind of beliefs of superstitious Filipino people; especially the bygone elderly generations.

I just don't believe these bs but I don't take it against people who do.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

You have to wonder if maybe in the remote past "special" native Americans got separated or maybe even deliberately abandoned (which isn't that farfetched at all) were taken in by sasquatch.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Happen to stroll over to Karl12's photo/pic thread (a wonderful thread btw) and came across this shot and it reminded me of how well animals can blend into their background.

Why some people can't wrap it around their head that a hairy bipedal might be able to accomplish the same thing is beyond me.

edit on 12/30/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: typos

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Does that owl's camouflage work anything like either a chameleon 🦎 or octopus🐙?

Or is it static?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Does that owl's camouflage work anything like either a chameleon 🦎 or octopus🐙?
Or is it static?

Granted it's static for the Owl (unless it moves some of it's feathers about. When I was in Colombia, South America there were these Moth's as big as birds and when they landed on a tree or telephone pole, you could not tell the difference as they would be very still.

But the whole idea with concealment is the lack of any movement to 'blend in' with it's surrounding's. As far as a chameleon, why yes I do believe that their (Hairy Bipedal's) individual hair acts as a fiber optic strand, combine those with 1000,s upon thousands of strands and you have a visual abstract the creature is in to hide itself.

So yes, I think that they (BiPedals) produce/imitate a similar affect by sitting/standing/kneeling and staying very still when in the brush.

Again.. my thoughts are nothing but conjecture and theories,
Johnny

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
My fav are Tawney Frogmouths who are expert "hide in plain sight" kids!

I've seen kingfishers do much the same thing, beak up imitating a snubby tree branch. Backlit unless they move you'd never see them.

One thing worth mentioning is some of the better BF pics were taken before digital tech was around. People who had the old polaroids, or a brownie got WAY better images.
edit on 2-1-2020 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Bigfoot hide.

Behind/up/inside a tree, stay still, lie flat, or pretend to be a bear 🐻.

They get pissed when found out so if you see one hiding from you, pretend to not see him and GTFO of Dodge.

I will be editing this post because I plan to post something extremely speculative.

This has to do with those who have gone missing then were found dead; a good number of which has cause-of-death undisclosed.

I mean no offense and/or disrespect to the deceased and his family.

was Seinfeld actor Charles Levin eaten by Bigfoot?

Scratched, dented and tilted over to one side, its back wheels in the air, this is Seinfeld actor Charles Levin's orange Fiat car pictured at the remote spot where he died.

Continued in another post...
edit on 3-1-2020 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Smith, WHO HAPPENED UPON THE CAR TWO WEEKS AFTER LEVIN'S BODY WAS FOUND, said: 'No local would go up there.

'I think he only managed to get up there because the car was small enough to get under the branches, although HE MUST HAVE MOVED SOME OF THE TREES AND LOGS that were on the road.

Levin's NAKED decomposed corpse was eventually found 30ft away from the car, down a ravine and wedged between trees.

Let's get the biggest oddity out of the way first.

Why was he naked?

Usually they paradoxically explain this away as hypothermia.

He was reported missing June 28, 2019; that should be summer temperatures already.

His internal organs were missing.

"SOME signs of animal scavenging?"

His body was up in the tree.

From some reports his car was the same way.

I have come across reports that suspected Bigfoot is in the habit of hanging things up in trees and its predilection to internal organs.

With regard specifically to Levin, he moved trees and logs out of his cars way only to ram his car up a tree?

How do you even manage that when for a few miles the road is strewn with fallen trees and impassable?

There have been fantastic accounts that claim impossibly muscular looking Bigfoot seemed to witnesses capable of carrying a car.

I always dismissed these as exaggerations and possibly outright hoaxes.

But because of this, I don't know.

Why was his glasses crushed to the ground?

Was something carrying him? His glasses fell and Bigfoot stepped on it?

Did it suck his internal organs out and discarded the rest of him leaving him up on a tree?

The circumstances of his very unfortunate death are quite suspicious to me.

And why was dashcam video not even mentioned?

Every car has one of those.

Oregon is a hotspot and it's also where there are reports of at least one fantastically large Bigfoot.

An aside: Why are there experienced forest rangers that were missing whose cause-of-death are undisclosed?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Let's get the biggest oddity out of the way first.

Indeed very strange... and it sounds like your asking the right questions too.

Johnny

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join