It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
I was told many years ago regarding bigfoot and anything paranormal that "you keep your day job" an only ever give as much time to it as you devote to your family/regular life. It's a balancing act and if you can't do it you should give up on the fringe stuff.

I hear you on that. my research has been an endless moneypit, but then I've never been in it to try and make money off of... but the addiction part... Yeau I get that. I've been guilty of getting a bit too wrapped up on some investigations and it did mess up some other scheduled events. Fortunately, those don't happen often. The most recent one was the Gilliland Ranch Investigation. It was only suppose to be 3 days max, I asked if it was ok to stay on thruout the week (4 more days). Then as things really started to ramp up (weird stuff and especially the audio captures), I ask if it was possible to stay another week (BTW, there are still things that happened there that have never been released).

So yeau.. I get that.. big time! LOL. Thank Goodness those are a rarity for me. My having to come back and then spend the next 2 weeks of staring at all the footage and editing them for release nearly killed me from exhaustion ( no joke)

Anyway, always good to do things in moderation,
Johnny

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

That might just be true.

Yes, there's the possibility government doesn't want to acknowledge it and activists knowing about Bigfoot and demanding endangered and protected status for it because they want to either exterminate it, experiment on it, or whatever they need to do to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Altho I've debated your positions that in no way means I don't respect you or what you know. I'm of the mindset that one should throw everything against the wall an see what sticks.

This has been one thread out of hundreds across the internet where idea's have been welcome, information considered and shared without rancor. That is a rare thing indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Altho I've debated your positions that in no way means I don't respect you or what you know. I'm of the mindset that one should throw everything against the wall an see what sticks.

This has been one thread out of hundreds across the internet where idea's have been welcome, information considered and shared without rancor. That is a rare thing indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Government doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Either government wants to exterminate it, experiment on it, or do whatever to it.

You may ask why.

I think it's because of this:

bestiality

Along with other passages, it is strongly condemned there.

Also, this nephilim rumor has been around for a long time; maybe the Noah's flood genocide (dooming) also led them to this disposition towards Bigfoot.

Even in the Philippines, there are ancient tales of very similar creatures having offspring with humans; some even say they are just an extremely hairy breed of people. (There are stories even of tribes seemingly of regular people except they
have tails.)

I would like to know why you think government would be motivated to deny its existence.

Other animals eat people but they are somewhat protected.

I support Todd Standing wanting official recognition for it recently; I suspect that kind of activism is what government, particularly U.S., doesn't want.

edit on 9-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I hope this isn't a repeat type of post but I Was looking up the myriad of different names tribes had for Bigfoot. but came across this one and thought it was interesting from Halkomelem,..Google Link page 558 of the dictionary

", df //C₁έ=səqʼ=əc or sέ[=C₁ə=]qʼ=əc//, EZ [‘sasquatch’], POW, ASM [‘a stl’áleqem creature resembling a huge (six- to nine-foot tall) wild hairy man, the name was first borrowed into English apparently after being spelled by J.W. Burns, a teacher at Chehalis Indian school on Harrison River where sasquatches were sighted fairly often (John Green: On the Track of The Sasquatch, etc.)’], possibly root split, crack, possibly augmentative, possibly on the back, phonology: reduplication, syntactic analysis: nominal, attested by AC, BJ, (12/5/64), Elders Group, EB, example: , //ɬixʷ=έ·lə, x̣ə(ʔa)è=ílə) C₁έ=səqʼ=əc//, /‘(three, four) sasquatches’/, (semological comment: the people classifier (=á:le~ =íle) is here used for sasquatches, EB’s grandmother used these forms in telling a story about sasquatches), attested by Elders Group, EB."

When you dig into the meaning of the word "stl’áleqem" we get a loose translation which means ‘supernatural (creature)’ according to Halkomelem, a Salishan langauge.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
Government doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Remember that little guy, the northern spotted owl? It was on the endangered species list and when they found it in the forest it shut down the logging there, which cost the logging industry millions of dollars.

Imagine now if big guys like Bigfoot with a range of hundreds of miles were officially “Discovered”. They would immediately be put on the endangered species list and would shut down the logging industry overnight, costing it to loose sixteen billion dollars and hundreds of thousands of jobs.

The US government is like a big club of people, they are all over the place and at some point they hear everything. There are people here on ATS who know Bigfoot is real, which means that the government knows they are real. And they are keeping it a secret.

YES, BIGFOOT IS A GOVERNMENT COVER-UP.

Why, because losing the logging industry would be a big blow to the economy. Especially the housing industry, because without wood they would have to stop building until they could design metal or plastic houses.

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
For those that don't know.. there's a new BigFoot Show on the Travel Channel called Expedition BigFoot the link to a 50 minute long Episode Teaser. For you folks not in the USA you'll need to do a VPN (or other form) to watch.

Because of certain legalities and whatnot, I can provide the link but can't place the video itself on ATS. If were expecting something new and exciting to be gleaned from a show like this well... use your own judgement.

**ETA** forgot to mention.. there are ADs galore.. you've been warned/alerted

EXPEDITION BIGFOOT

edit on 12/10/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: TYPOS.. of course

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect
Pretty sure the logging industry would not like there operations shut down because of engendered species. Though I don't think Bigfoot would be considered to engendered. Though I dont think people realize how small human civilization is. And today while the human psyche on mass may have expanded somewhat, or at least form the horse and buggy perspective were the next village over was considered the edge of the world some few hundreads to thousands of years ago.

The technology with things like cellphones or TV or google maps, still gives an exaggerated view of things.

Its more or less like the sims. Everybody is living on there own server, once in a while a few cross over to different servers, but for the most part. Nah! Just people worrying about there jobs, when in reality, there fish in a bowl.

Though with all the missing people out in the woods. Well? Why would anybody go out into the woods by themselves anyways? Even that does not happen with any serious frequency among people.

Everybody makes a big deal about nothing. Bigfoot existing or not existing, wont change things one iota much less in the scope of things.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Pretty sure the logging industry would not like there operations shut down because of engendered species. Though I don't think Bigfoot would be considered to engendered.

OK.. maybe I'm having a bad day or something. But are you sure [engendered] is the word your wanting to use?.. What you used has been associated with a form of gender and sexism in antique times. It's also a Support group:"Engendered Species" "

Below is from a Book entitled: "Our own engendered species"
"The study of gender in ancient societies seems inseparable from the place of gender in our own society–and therefore inseparable from the particular attitudes and expectations those contemporary manners create. "[/]

Just saying that I have a headache... help an old Dude out and explain it to me... Did you maybe mean Endangered?

edit on 12/11/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Because I have a HEADACHE

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

While yes, if announced or presented as "real" bigfoot would cause disruption in how we are able to proceed using our natural resources it's more than that.

Just how exactly is your local government, IE township supervisors going to handle residents who just found out there are 8-9 foot tall uncontrollable beings ranging freely all over everyones properties? It's not like there are any assurances they can give the general public regarding their own safety. Everyone will realize they are not safe, nor ever were.

You think too many people own guns now?
Imagine after an announcement.

The civil unrest would become unmanageable. A scared populace is a recipe for disaster. In the larger scheme of things it would achieve what ISIS and the Taliban has not. A US government that would randomly and in pockets have completely lost control of it's citizens.

We pay taxes and rightfully so we would demand services for them, services that man-power wise the local, state and federal governments would never be able to provide. The resources simply aren't there.

It may well be a cover-up as you say, but I also think it's being managed as best as can be on a case by case basis.
Everyone scared out of their minds is a recipe for disaster. Not everyone will act responsibly. Not by a long shot.
(excuse the pun)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Just saying that I have a headache... help an old Dude out and explain it to me... Did you maybe mean Endangered?

OOOOPPPS! Misspelling. Thanks for the Exp Big TV link! Going to check that out.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Everyone scared out of their minds is a recipe for disaster.

Well we covered the financial and emotional problems, guess that about covers the governments excuse to cover-up Bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It's already known and been disseminated that Bigfoot "usually" like any good trained military prefers to travel not on ridges but either along watercourses in valleys or 1/2 to 3/4 up along hillsides traveling parallel.

OMG ! OH MY GAWD!!

You posted that on October 14th and I mentioned a video about it but could never find it on Youtube. So here it is almost 2 months later and I just found it right here on ATS by accident by finding a post I wrote in August 2016 where I linked it.

It does not show a Bigfoot but shows you where they hang out.

Attn: Karl - if you have not seen this you should watch it. Like I told Caver 2 months ago, it is an hour long, so I was only going to watch it for about 5 minutes. I wound up watching it all the way through, 3 times in the last 2 years before I lost it. Try it, you might like it. It is all done from above.

So here it is:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-12-2019 by spiritualarchitect because: can't spell worth spit

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I was watching Nathan Reo's video's when he first stepped up and documenting his walks/hikes. Always thought that he had a good head on his shoulders and his deduction skills were superior to 90% of the other 'BF' chat-heads and supposed 'experts'.

He ended going down a nasty Addicted road with Adderall which he fortunately has kicked and is getting himself healthy once again.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous
Oh ya! Wrong word. But again, Bigfoot is far from going anywhere. I think there's a higher chance of humans going extinct then Bigfoot.

Anyways..Carry on.

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

First, Polar bears and rabbits etc.. don't thrive... they are constantly on the verge of perishing. This statement only means you have no real idea about survival in the wild or wild animals for that matter. There is no thriving in the arctic... it is surviving and it is always a struggle..

Yea, that episode on surviving up there was very illuminating... Even, if you are omnivore you are going to have a very hard time and especially depending on the season. You can't get away from this fact or the sheer amount of food necessary to sustain a 300 to 450 pound animal.

Caves are not a viable solution either... an no humans did not live in caves... yes they were used for shelter at times but we can't live in caves... we can shelter in them but not live in them... as pointed out almost all caves are damp and dank and are not healthy for us. Most are temperature neutral however. Being underground does have this advantage..

They do not hibernate, why, well they have been seen in the winter wonderland and are known by different names all over the world and in extreme cold environments... which is sad, hibernating could explain how they survive the food and calorie intake required.

This brings me back to the possible supernatural side of this and there is an incredible amount of ufo sightings in and around bigfoot sightings... in our case there was not a ufo sighting, at least not around the time of the bigfoot sighting... but, you can't discount that in a very large number of cases there has been ufo sightings in and around the same area and time frame... this is just another thought about it...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

First, Polar bears and rabbits etc.. don't thrive... they are constantly on the verge of perishing. This statement only means you have no real idea about survival in the wild or wild animals for that matter. There is no thriving in the arctic... it is surviving and it is always a struggle..

Yea, that episode on surviving up there was very illuminating... Even, if you are omnivore you are going to have a very hard time and especially depending on the season. You can't get away from this fact or the sheer amount of food necessary to sustain a 300 to 450 pound animal.

Caves are not a viable solution either... an no humans did not live in caves... yes they were used for shelter at times but we can't live in caves... we can shelter in them but not live in them... as pointed out almost all caves are damp and dank and are not healthy for us. Most are temperature neutral however. Being underground does have this advantage..

They do not hibernate, why, well they have been seen in the winter wonderland and are known by different names all over the world and in extreme cold environments... which is sad, hibernating could explain how they survive the food and calorie intake required.

This brings me back to the possible supernatural side of this and there is an incredible amount of ufo sightings in and around bigfoot sightings... in our case there was not a ufo sighting, at least not around the time of the bigfoot sighting... but, you can't discount that in a very large number of cases there has been ufo sightings in and around the same area and time frame... this is just another thought about it...

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

It entirely depends on the water or river system... an 8 foot 400 plus pound whatever is not traveling in a rock river system, not happening... you have an incredible foot system and I promise that you are not going to do it either lol.. now, the brush and tree's around river systems are also incredibly dense and are very difficult to traverse, even for us...
I can imagine them doing it in area's where travel is easy or when necessary... but the thought of them traveling in most of our river system's is simply not viable, especially at their weight and how their feet appear by prints to be made.

They would be like any other animal and use game trails etc... even roads and railroads etc... you can also bet that they are not traveling during the day unless absolutely necessary...

The BS about them being part human, is well, just that, BS.. there is absolutely zero proof of this just like there is very little actual proof of their existence at all, especially in the dna area.. there was a multi-year dna study done for the Yeti, multiple years and as many samples that could be collected and not one had any dna evidence of a yeti, not one...

This does not mean the Yeti does not exist, it simply means there is no proof... just like there is no proof here in America. The advent of cheap game camera's and drones are going to change allot of this, at least our visual evidence... this is just a matter of time... but for now, if you are realistic, we are still left scratching our heads to explain what many of us have seen.....

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join