It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

musings on bigfoot's elusiveness

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Going to have to do a small reality check here.. (Johnny quietly puts on the Mod hat for a very short while)

We need to cease with what (some) might construe as an attack against an ATS member and get back on topic.. and just for the record, I'm a huge skeptic and I try to treat everyone the same, believer's, debunkers, skeptic's, doesn't matter to me, but rather what they say and how they back up their thoughts. We are all entitled to that freedom (and belief system) at ATS as long as it is within the Terms and Conditions of this fine website.

Were all guilty of it (including me), of getting our feelings all bunched up because someone said 'this or that'. It's at times like that, that I need to take a step back and do a cool down before posting again. We all need to keep in mind this is the internet where people tend to forget that there are real people on the other side of the screen. We need to stay focused on the topic & claims, and not the person making those topics and claims.

** Mod Hat Off back to weirdness**

We started to go down the rabbithole earlier on the Paranormal and our Bipedal topic. As I've said before, I'm in a quandary when we go down this path because of what appears that the rulebook for physics and reality sometimes don't mesh (or play well with each other at least in my current mindset).

There have been several similarly bizarre and inexplicable cases of Sasquatch simply vanishing in full view listed in a paper called "Vanishing Bigfoot and Anecdotal Accounts: Implications and Challenges for Researchers", by Sharon Cornet ( if your interested in this stuff you can read more here).

In an interview I had with Dr. Michio Kaktu, he suggested that it's quite possible that a creature (like a Sasquatch) cold be standing right next to us and we'd never know it because they are vibrating at a different frequency. So the 'illusion (to us mere mortals) are that something/someone simply vanishes or disappears in front of our eyes.

I try and remember his words when I come across reports of Hunters shooting Bigfoot, but then there is no trace of a Bigfoot or blood regardless of the killshot. This is generally about the time when the enigmatic question of flesh and blood or other comes to mind. It's also when I remember some projects where changing frequencies allowed one to move their hands through solid objects.

As befuddled as I get when reading these reports/claims, I attempt to stay neutral as possible because I'm sure what some would say is a hoax, magic or "woo-woo" might just be a form of science that we've just not completely gotten figured out. Below is a brief example of one of these types of reports ...

This is an account about an encounter with a Bigfoot by a group of hikers. The group was returning from a hike when a (supposed) large 9ft tall Sasquatch stepped out in front of them looking at them for a moment before vanishing. The hiker's insist that it "vanished” before their eyes. One witness was (reportedly) so taken back by the experience that she did not leave her house for a week afterwards and refused to go back to that area.

I can relate to the refusing to go back to an area where weirdness has occurred. The area I was mining on the Klamath River where we had large footprints appear to be walking next to my Mining partner and I on the sand bar scared the crap out of me. They were not there one second, and next second, there's these prints next to us. They appeared from nowhere and they disappeared long before getting to the river or brush (by maybe 30 feet distance). These prints were within 3 feet or so to us and inline of our walking prints, like it was stalking us.

This was approximately 18 miles from the the rural township of Happy Camp, which I've mentioned before of having a few weird experiences with what I believe to be a large bipedal.

So what's your thoughts on this vibrating frequencies theory of Dr. Kaku?
Johnny

edit on 12/5/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: You becha.. I'm still making Typos

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

The closest I dare relate this to is that "white gold?" stuff that supposedly vanishes when heated enough.

You turn over the container quickly and repeatedly tap it on the table to show it's really empty.

You allow it to cool and it rematerializes ALLEGEDLY in the container even though you turned it over and repeatedly tapped it on the table to empty it.

I know when you heat stuff you energize the molecules making them vibrate faster.

How can a live biological entity manage and survive that?

I want to think bigfoot can just be very stealthy animals and that people can be shocked out of their senses when confronted by something they don't understand.

People are known to go insane due to things they witnessed that are too extreme for them.
edit on 6-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
With all due respect to the proponents,

I find it ridiculous they claim to leave pen, paper, and cameras in their homes and say Bigfoot leaves images in them.

They discredit the phenomenon either deliberately or inadvertently; not sure which is the case.

I bet if you ask people who make such supernatural claims about Bigfoot whether they subscribe to a religion, the answer would be almost always in the affirmative.

People can be so desperate for their religion to be real they try to worm a way into everything.

Aliens are demons 👽; they can be banished using Jesus' name.

Bigfoot are nephilim; remnants of an ancient war somewhere (lame attempt at trying to be mysterious.)

Please don't tell me someone also claimed to banish Bigfoot in Jesus _______ Christ's name.

Jesus _______ Christ...they are such ducks.
edit on 6-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject

The closest I dare relate this to is that "white gold?" stuff that supposedly vanishes when heated enough.

Are you speaking of "ORMUS" or sometimes called ORME? I went down that Rabbithole 15 years ago when I was attempting to investigate some Alchemists claims that they had the knowledge to create the Philosophers Stone.

Johnny

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yup, that's the one.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You said:

'There have been several similarly bizarre and inexplicable cases of Sasquatch simply vanishing in full view"

listed in a paper called "Vanishing Bigfoot and Anecdotal Accounts: Implications and Challenges for Researchers", by Sharon Cornet '

Thanks a lot for that one Johnny - top stuff!

Have you seen the activity on the Chestnut Ridge?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Have you seen the activity on the Chestnut Ridge?

I've not personally been to Chestnut Ridge but have read many of the strange reports from that 70+ mile area. Always sort of thought of it as a one-stop-shop of weirdness with the Kecksberg UFO, BigFoot, missing people, Orbs, etc. Yeau,, bunch of strange stuff going on there in Pennsylvania.

Didn't Stan Gordon write a book on the subject (or am I having a future senior moment...LOL)

In fact now that I think back, ATSmix interviewed Eric Altman from the PA Bigfoot Society (.com) back in 2007 and if you wish to stroll down ATS Memory lane here's a link where you can listen to the podcast while your reading and posting through ATS.

ATSmix - Show 32 The Search for BigFoot

Johnny

edit on 12/6/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Typos.. oh my !

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

There's some freaky goings on mate - similar to Marley Woods and all the other phenomena.

youtu.be...

This interview mentions Bigfoot patterns in Fairylore and is a great one.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

There's some freaky goings on mate - similar to Marley Woods and all the other phenomena.

Thanks for those links, I've bookmarked them for later to watch.

BTW I know your also into the historical side of these weird reports. I just happen to stumble on this the other week and thought I'd share it. It's an newspaper article from 1903 and it is from the National Library of Australia.

Was It The Hairy Man Yahoo....

Johnny

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
be wary of anything agenda groups/demographics have to say
edit on 7-12-2019 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject
be wary of anything agenda groups/demographics have to say

So if I get the article correct... It sounds like a whole lot of malarkey from a Malarkey

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I was cleaning out and deleting some bookmarks and came across this 2009 Interview with Sir David Attenborough, the natural historian and broadcaster of many great animal documentaries. I'd forgotten about this one and thought some might find it interesting (or amusing depending on where you sit on the fence)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: reject

Proponents of Bigfoot share the same group dynamic of most other groups. For some Baseball is a religion, for others climate change brings people together. Within each group you have individuals with a wide spectrum of idea's and points of view.

To taint the topic of Bigfoot with "just" a few proponents views is like picking low hanging fruit. Over all people seem to just be curious, or trying to figure things out the best way they know how.

Like with everything else you have your charlatans, your scammers and less than rational folk. It's going to happen no matter the subject. I don't consider people who are pushing wild claims to be intentionally consciously sabotaging bigfootery. In their little bubble it's their own reality. I just don't live there with them.

I've mentioned before about people who accidentally see bigfoot, decide to become full blown researchers then violently implode their own personal lives within a couple of years. It's an actual "thing". Everyones seen it who has been following bigfoot for the last 20 years. But we don't talk about it.

Todd Standing, Matt Johnson, Arla Williams, Janice Carter and the list goes on...

Other casualties are people who came forward like Autumn Williams. She was crucified.

Like with any "group thing" there are many more people on the sidelines who watch and see what's valid information but you never really hear from them. The quiet majority. Those are the people who are going to read threads like this one hoping to reconcile it with whatever they already know. Hoping beyond hope someone else has stumbled across information they need.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

WOW!
I had no idea anyone had even asked David Attenborough the question. Amazing!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Really enjoyed your first link to the Chestnut Ridge shenanigans. It gives some very good arial shots of southwestern PA.
Most of PA looks like that but people still assume we can't possibly have bigfoot here. ROFL!!!

Doesn't ATS have a sarcasm button yet???
We need one.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: reject
.... Those are the people who are going to read threads like this one hoping to reconcile it with whatever they already know. Hoping beyond hope someone else has stumbled across information they need.

Well, haven't imploded yet... But I am certainly one of those that tries to glean through as many reports, newspaper articles and thread-posts from a variety of Websites. My problem is that I have so many little jigsaw pieces to sift through because of all the various 'paranormal genre's' I'm interested in. (maybe why I've not imploded yet?)

And I apologize for tossing the Sasquatch/Yowie/Almasti/Yeti into a category as paranormal, that may upset some but I don't know where else to place some of the fringe type of reports. And the truth of the matter is that if you do find an area that the above may be reported/seen at, there's usually the same amount of weird reports & sightings of the other genre's in the area.

So if we can honestly say that there is no 'woo factor' with the biped's... then perhaps they're drawn to these area to (for yet unknown reasons).

Hmm.. should I be writing my early implosion epitaph soon?

Johnn

edit on 12/7/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Whose a good Typo.. speak.. speak.. Whose a good typo?

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Attenborough seemingly has a more than passing interest in it.

Also, Jane Goodall, the gorilla advocate, has expressed her opinions on sasquatch:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If Bigfoot turns out to be real, I hope it is instantaneously declared a critically endangered species so it and it's habitat can be protected.

I want to see it in zoos because that will bring awareness to the public.

Zoos are helpful that way.

It builds empathy and sympathy towards animals.

This way Bigfoot is protected and so are people because I don't think it's vegan.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

ROFL!

When I say imploded I mean, someone see's one, goes full bore on getting proof's an evidences, ends up losing their job, spends all their savings on tech gear, ends up getting divorced over it an STILL thinks they can make money chasing bigfoot for $$ AND get better proof than anyone else.

It's almost like an addiction.

I was told many years ago regarding bigfoot and anything paranormal that "you keep your day job" an only ever give as much time to it as you devote to your family/regular life. It's a balancing act and if you can't do it you should give up on the fringe stuff.

Some of the best advice I've ever taken to heart.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Posted this for Reject as much as the rest of us here.
DISCLAIMER
NOT for anyone under 18 yr's old.
It's not because of profanity, or graphic visual's or audio. It's because of subject matter.

It's about some recent events in West Virginia that I have no reason to doubt the veracity of. (Yet) The narrator is matter of fact, no punches pulled, no stupid music or ridiculous bf graphics. Nothing being sold. Just. The. Facts. Without all "the stupid" the video is short at 14 min. so no real hardship in time wasted. Oh yeah, no shaky camera footage either.

I know we're supposed to cover some of the material in the vid, but I also don't want to ruin it for anyone. Lets just say it's very unexpected material an if I'm posting it it's cause it is in no way irrelevant.

edit on 8-12-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2019 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join