It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have not abandoned the Kurds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
There was no reason to pull out - our troops were not in any danger, it was a small #, and the mere presence of our troops made it clear the U.S. was not OK with Turkey attacking the allies that stood beside U.S. troops as they tried out oust ISIS. Trump obviously was influenced by Turkey (and Russia), and made a snap decision without actually talking to anyone. There are few politicians on either side that agree with Trump's actions. Only his sheep who blindly accept anything Trump says or does, seem OK with this.

If you are so concerned about ONLY the U.S. - where is the outrage at sending 10 TIMES the # pulled out of Syria, into Saudi? I must have missed that thread.

It's funny how hypocritical and accepting Trump followers are of any actions he does. He removes troops and that's great.. he is doing what he said, pulling out of wars, and getting our troops home safe! Then he sends 10 times that # into the middle east and not peep from his sheep.

It's not hypocritical if you don't try to equate, and conflate the two situations.

In one case, we are there by invitation of the Saudi government.

In the other, neither of the sovereign governments involved want us there.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to say, but it's not as black and white as you are portraying, when comparing the two situations.

We were in Syria to fight ISIS, not to establish an independant Kurdish state.

You may make a case that by leaving, we open up the door for ISIS to reform. That is a possibility if Syria allows it to happen.

That doesn't seem to be your arguement though, and even if it were, I'm not for a permanent presence there, and that is what it would take.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
There was no reason to pull out - our troops were not in any danger, it was a small #, and the mere presence of our troops made it clear the U.S. was not OK with Turkey attacking the allies that stood beside U.S. troops as they tried out oust ISIS. Trump obviously was influenced by Turkey (and Russia), and made a snap decision without actually talking to anyone. There are few politicians on either side that agree with Trump's actions. Only his sheep who blindly accept anything Trump says or does, seem OK with this.

If you are so concerned about ONLY the U.S. - where is the outrage at sending 10 TIMES the # pulled out of Syria, into Saudi? I must have missed that thread.

It's funny how hypocritical and accepting Trump followers are of any actions he does. He removes troops and that's great.. he is doing what he said, pulling out of wars, and getting our troops home safe! Then he sends 10 times that # into the middle east and not peep from his sheep.

Apparently Assad wanted the land and decided to do his job when we pulled out. I think this was to motivate him.

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join