It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO activity in NY State picking up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I live in Western New York, on the great lakes. Lake Erie to my west and Ontario to my north. We have a small Air Force base in the area, so I am used to seeing the C-130's. We also have a CBP office in my town, which has helos in the air on the regular.

This past summer has been unusual, to me anyway. I spend a lot of time outside and look up quite often.

I walk my dog after work most nights, and have noticed a "star" to my north, west and east.
If your me on the ground, that would equate geographically to, Toronto, Erie, Rochester.

This "star' is a flickering blend of pretty much any color their is.

I didn't make much of it until, I noticed 2 other "stars" east and south of me that we're identical in color and altitude.

I must note that the "stars" are not high in the sky. While walking they will disappear behind trees. So I assume their not very high up there.

Tonight I realized that these 3 "stars" are in a triangular formation.

Anyone else seeing this?

The Great Lakes have had a history of UFO/USO sightings.

This clip is over a year old but, intriguing.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

i live in rochester. ill go out and look

i have seen alot of strange things in the sky around here so there is always the possibility

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

If your in Roch it would be to your West. I am seeing what appears to be a flickering "star". Red,Orange with a hint of a strobing affect.

It's just too low to be a star IMO

edit on 11-10-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The triangular shaped craft with lights at each angle is ours.
Although not in your area the Hudson Valley UFO sightings during the 1980s are some of the most well-documented UFO sightings in history. These were gigantic boomerang-shaped objects. Apparently still continue to this day.

Maybe Richard Dolan knows since he lives in Rochester, NY.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This "star' is a flickering blend of pretty much any color their is.
That's what stars (and planets) do when they are low to the horizon. It's called scintillation (or twinkling).

Tonight I realized that these 3 "stars" are in a triangular formation.
If they are not in a straight line, three points can only form a triangle.

Venus just started showing up after sunset in the west. She's sparkly when low to the horizon.

Try an astronomy program. Stellarium is a good one. Free.
stellarium.org...
edit on 10/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

They're not triangular, as far as I can tell. Their are 3 different oval shaped objects.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Good info, thank you. Your video is rather close to what I've witnessed.

Is their a reason why one "star" would be prominent for weeks, while the other 2 just became visible "to me" this evening?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
There's an app SkyMap that uses your GPS. And accelerometer in your phone for orientation to see what "should" be there (according to their database of course)...
Compare that with what you see.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

As I said, Venus just started showing up. She sets quite soon after sunset, but later and later each night. So that might account for one.

The other, I don't know. Not enough information.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Ill check that out

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is Venus the bright star to the immediate right of the moon? I have noticed that.

I wish I had more info for ya,

In your opinion, what star would be so low that I loose it in the 30 foot trees along my walking path?

These lights are extremely low orbit.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes, for years now.....good description you gave

Could watch it forever......it's kinda iridescent colors.......it's possibly the star we speed towards....opposite of Sirius.....what is it.....K something......im old now.....no, not k.....Vega.....
edit on 11-10-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

It does indeed look like a rave in the sky. Phage is probably right regarding Venus But These lights are low and have company.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: penroc3

If your in Roch it would be to your West. I am seeing what appears to be a flickering "star". Red,Orange with a hint of a strobing affect.

It's just too low to be a star IMO

Sounds like you're near Geneseo.

I did my first 2 years of undergrad at SUNY Geneseo...good school and a fun town!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Chautauqua my friend

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I live in Rochester and one of the local meteorologists stated several times this past week, that Jupiter and Saturn would be easy to spot right after sunset. I've noticed that sometimes these planets appear to flicker different colors when viewed by eye. When I pull out my Nikon Coolpix P900, 83X zoom camera, I can clearly see these are planets and even can make out Saturn's rings.

Jupiter – the second-brightest planet after Venus – lords over the October 2019 evening sky. That’s because Venus sits close to the afterglow of sunset all month, leaving dazzling Jupiter to light up the evening sky. Jupiter pops out at dusk – brighter than any star – and stays out until mid-evening at mid-northern latitudes or until late evening at temperate latitudes in the Southern Hemisphere.

Saturn. After you find Jupiter at dusk and nightfall, use this brilliant beauty of a planet to find another bright evening planet, Saturn. Saturn – a golden world to the eye alone – pops out at nightfall and stays out until late evening. This planet still shines as brightly as a 1st-magnitude star, in other words, as brightly as our sky’s brightest stars.

earthsky.org...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Vega is the star in the triangle...a right triangle with Vega in the 90 degree bit....

The triangle goes off to other stars that are bright

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Get yourself a couple of Teds hot dogs and a Genny red! WNY has the best food. It does and if your bored with it you always have Happy Jacks in Canada or Niagara on The Lake. I never saw a UFO until we moved from WNY to South Carolina. I don't know if what we saw 2018 is what you saw but here you go. This is what I reported to NUFORC back in May 2018.

"

I witnessed a bizarre event on Friday May 4, 2018, in the South Western sky, along with several relatives, between 8:45PM and 10:00PM EST. in South Carolina. It involved up to seven [7] multicolored [red, blue, green, white and yellow] round entities. The multiple colored UFOs are in the Lake Erie, Ohio, videos and seem to be exact duplicates to what has been seen in other states and countries and London, England. They were also here on 09May2018. The entities were NOT stars, as all five colors were visible with binoculars at the same time and they would flash their colors at random like a police car. The binoculars are powerful enough to see Jupiter's moons. What happened next was and is the real story and all of us saw the same thing. The multicolored entities were zig zaging all over the place as if they were controlled by a mouse on a PC. Up, down, left, right, diagonally and rotationally.What we witnessed was so bizarre we thought it was possibly a Holographic image, laser or military aircraft but they were way too far out in space. We also had two commercial jets fly over [9:45PM-10:00PM] while all of this was happening and the entities were way above the jets.

Here are some things to watch for:

1. Watch the sky to see how the stars and planets transverse across the sky. As the sun rises from the east and sets over Lake Erie in the West the stars will also follow a similar pattern across the sky. While in WNY I never ever really paid attention to the stars as I spent 1000's of nights outdoors but never saw anything, including what you saw. In the May 4, 2018 incident as I described above, two of these "objects" rose from and over the Southwest horizon and were Heading North. Since the earth rotates counterclockwise nothing celestial rises from the Southwest and heads North.
2. A star over the horizon? Sure it could be but what we also observed were up in the sky at 45, 60, and 80 degrees. Where are yours at?
3. Assuming you have a clear night you should see the stars in the same region week after week trans-versing across the sky. However, if they do not appear week to week then ask yourself why?
4. There are low orbit Global Positioning System satellites in space. USA military owns them.
5 Look up Dr. Jacques Vallee.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Like this guy?

Triangle

Have you also seen the ones that are silent and have what appears to have 100's of geometric shapes on its belly. Another OP who I PM down here has also seen it. He mentioned that in his opine it goes into the Ocean. So I looked up some stuff and came across Cirquids?

Cirquids

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

The triangular shaped craft with lights at each angle is ours.
Although not in your area the Hudson Valley UFO sightings during the 1980s are some of the most well-documented UFO sightings in history. These were gigantic boomerang-shaped objects. Apparently still continue to this day.

This video pretty much underlines your point...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join