It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Turkey Attacks US Special Forces In Syria, Apparently By Mistake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A contingent of U.S. Special Forces was caught up in Turkish shelling against U.S.-backed Kurdish positions in northern Syria, days after President Donald Trump told his Turkish counterpart he would withdraw U.S. troops from certain positions in the area. A senior Pentagon official said shelling by the Turkish forces was so heavy that the U.S. personnel considered firing back in self-defense.

Newsweek has learned through both an Iraqi Kurdish intelligence official and the senior Pentagon official that Special Forces operating on Mashtenour hill in the majority-Kurdish city of Kobani fell under artillery fire from Turkish forces conducting their so-called "Operation Peace Spring" against Kurdish fighters backed by the U.S. but considered terrorist organizations by Turkey. No injuries have been reported.
Instead of returning fire, the Special Forces withdrew once the shelling had ceased. Newsweek previously reported Wednesday that the current rules of engagement for U.S. forces continue to be centered around self-defense and that no order has been issued by the Pentagon for a complete withdrawal from Syria.

The Pentagon has repeatedly urged Turkey to halt its operations and, though he initially signaled support for Erdogan's plans following their phone call Sunday, Trump has since threatened to sanction the Turkish economy if the country's military action did anything "off limits." While the president has repeatedly called for an end to the costly, "endless wars" launched by his predecessors in the Middle East and beyond, he also warned he may send more troops to Syria if the situation was not resolved

link

Wonder what will come after this little incident???

Looks like things are setting up perfectly,
for a big shtf scenario!

Don't worry though,
It's only what we've all been preparing for the past 18 years... right?
We got this!!!

Umm... S**t I ate all my survival food...
Darn it man...
I had enough ta get threw 18 year's too!!!

LoL
edit on 11-10-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2019 by Ahabstar because: All Caps Title

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Oops . Thought you were the Enemy ...Ha Ha ........*_)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
NATO 😎

Now What?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The Pentagon has repeatedly urged Turkey to halt its operations and, though he initially signaled support for Erdogan's plans following their phone call Sunday, Trump has since threatened to sanction the Turkish economy if the country's military action did anything "off limits."

Furrowed brows incoming. If it gets really bad, a finger might get wagged.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Speaking of N.A.T.O. , are the Turks Currently Paying their " Fair Share " ? The American PEOPLE Wanna Know .........

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Lol right

Ummm..... f**k who did that?

It was the new guy.. dammit!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Pentagon has repeatedly urged Turkey to halt its operations and, though he initially signaled support for Erdogan's plans following their phone call Sunday, Trump has since threatened to sanction the Turkish economy if the country's military action did anything "off limits."

Well yea, obviously. Shelling our Special Forces is probably off-limits unless it’s an accident. # happens, y’know?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wonder how many times we've had an "oops" or collateral damage... I'm sure the US has been guilty of this once or twice..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Trump will fix em....

....He will talk alot at them

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Maybe it was not a mistake but a false flag to keep the US military in Syria. Look for the consequential effect resultant from this attack.

Warpigs around the world are very upset Trump announced the pull out of Syria - big money/weapons game.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
NATO 😎

Now What?

America 😎

Now what?

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Get your bug out bags ready boys and girls

and prepare for incoming ...

Winters Coming

A tectonic shift is under way .

And i am off out side to watch the sky

F the world when you are stoned ,

CARE FACTOR OF 0 over and out

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Winter ? Most of US are Still Working . Trump's Presidency has Seen to that . Bug Out Now ? Hell No , the Cash is Still Flowing ....

edit on 11-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

The President Prefers to Back the Whey's to a Means , the Kurd's can Come Later .........

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The President Prefers to Back the Whey's to a Means , the Kurd's can Come Later .........

In English please?

I think you are trying to claim you know what the president wants. I think it's clear that no one, not even the president, knows what he wants. He's completely unhinged.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would think that if you were being bombed that would be a reason for self defense.
Honest question.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

No , I REALLY Know what the President Wants , It's What WE WANT ..............

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well yea, obviously. Shelling our Special Forces is probably off-limits unless it’s an accident. # happens, y’know?

I'm just waiting for Trump to destroy the economy of Turkey.

*holds breath*

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I wonder how many times we've had an "oops" or collateral damage... I'm sure the US has been guilty of this once or twice..

Yeah, like, remember that time we thought Asad gassed people and we sent some rockets and attacked the Russians by accident 'cause the whole world believed the fake gas attack staged by the "white Hats" but when reporters got boots on the ground lo & behold - no attack whatsoever.
"That was awesome..."

Let's not fall for another one like that! Fortunately none of OUR guys were injured (unlike the Russians).

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join