It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I mentioned how things are weird? for me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
'twas but two weeks ago, I wrote a post about helping a girl who was in need... And today, 2 weeks later, well..

It was just a normal Friday, full of regret for thurdays and each thursday past, that led me to decide "Shopping was a chore that must be done."
But ugh, that process of having to haul myself from slumber, migrate to the living and be a part of this thing we all experience?

I know, I'll just have a few drinks, make a journey of it. Problem solved.

I lamented my meandering course towards the first stop, the blatantly resourceless store.. but managed to get enough for my torturous treck towards the thing.. a chemist, first stop. I needed to get the chains with which I am .. well chained to. buggers.

I knew it was an overcast solemn day, one that would rain on me.. "why does it always rain on me..." played in my mind, and not my bluetooth headsst, making it all the more engaging..

I made it to the place, a good 50 minutes from the train, which only serves as a point of reference and not a mode of transport, on this occasion.

I decided .. "I am really too stuffed for all of this.." and rather than head towards the mall where I had anticipated hordes of rampaging buyers hustling and bustling to and fro between this and that. I'd just go home.. a petulant ire in me cried. But I snuffed it out by sitting at a bus stop to have a quick sip and wipe the brow from the humidity and sprinkling rain..

"ahh.." I thought.. but suddenly, a small child appeared. A young nyungar kid, of about 7 or 8 years.

"Excuse me, do you know if any black fellas live in this road?"

I looked at the poor lad, his cap on properly, well dressed, but lost..

"Oh mate, I dunno, I dunno anyone here.. Where you from?"

"Kalgoorlie." he said, his face looking down.

"Do you know how to get home from here?"

"Not from here.. I am supposed to go to my cousins."

"Where is she? Do you know her phone number or address?"

"No."

"How did you get here?" I ask.

"Uber.. My dad put me in an uber to get here.."

At this point I was at a loss as to what to do..

"Whats your cousins name, I'll see if I can find her in the phone book."

he tells me her name, and I search, but nothing comes up...

"Can't find her mate..."

"Oh it's ok, thanks anyway."

But there is no way on this planet I'm letting this child wander on in the rain and unending day..

"Hey, lets go into this place and see if the they can help, I'm sure they have more ways to get information!!"

I pointed towards the retirement village in front of us, and he walked with me towards the main door.

"Whats your name?" I asked.

"Joshua."

"Hey Joshua, I'm Steve."

And we entered.

The lady on the phone soon hung up, and looked at us with a smile.

"Umm, hi, this young fella is lost, he's looking for his cousin, she lives on this road, but he can't find it? I am lost as to what to do."

"Ohh, hey whats your name?" she asked, looking motherly towards him..

"Joshua."

and she asked more questions, I told her as much as I knew, and finally she found where his father worked, in Belmont, helping nyungar people get work. We looked at each other and knew he'd be ok.

"I can take it from here if you like." she said.

"Thank you, and hey Joshua, good luck buddy!!" I said as I went back out into the rain to continue my long walk home.

I Emailed the father also.. Told him I hope he got the message, but that he had the most polite and well mannered son ever.

Even with the world collapsing, with all the bad, there is just .. hope yet...

edit on 11-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Even with the world collapsing, with all the bad, there is just .. hope yet...

Yes there is. Because still, we have some people left who are like you are. Thank you for sharing and thank you for helping the kid!

Editing: I also learned a new word from you. Nyungar. I had no idea what that could be so i googled and did some reading. Great!
edit on 11-10-2019 by Finspiracy because: Nyungar

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

There is more good in this world than there is bad. Only problem is, is that bad sells better than good. You yourself are part of the good as are a lot of others. Great read and keep up the good works.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

What a lovely story! There is always hope and there are still plenty of good people left in the world. Thank you for sharing your story and for helping Joshua.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Good on yer Gallop.

You've had another good day.

Good job.

Bally

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Good on yer Gallop.

You've had another good day.

Good job.

Bally

Thanks man!! And everyone.. Didn't think you'd appear Night Star.. Means a lot to me.

it was just one of those days, where circumstances were right there..

But they are happening more and more, it seems. I don't mind. I'll help where I can. Always..

I never did get a reply from his old man, so I do hope he got somewhere safe. He was a good kid, where a lot of kids in his situation, end up very very lost in other ways...

Treating myself to a re-run of stargate atlantis.. damn Im a sucker for punishment..

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

it was just one of those days, where circumstances were right there..

But they are happening more and more, it seems. I don't mind. I'll help where I can. Always..

Could it "resonate" somehow? You have the will and ability to help others, and others who need help just somehow find you?

I am not making a claim, just throwing an assumption in the air.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I can share my "helping story" if you don't mind.

A summer, a year ago, i had to go to the city center. So i was waiting for a bus and heard a strange, sort of a metallic smash noise from behind me. So i turned around and looked. A woman had fell with a bicycle and her face was bleeding and she was shaking. Other people at a bus stop ignored, they noticed but tried to look like as if they did not notice. Actually i wanted to do the same thing, but i knew that if i don't act now, it will haunt me later.

So i went there, calm way. I asked if she is alright? She said that her cheek hurts. I saw absolutely no injury there, but her lip looked bad and was bleeding. I asked what if i carry your bike back to your home and you just hold the umbrella you have (it was a really rainy day, slippery asphalt) And she said thanks and added that her home is not far away. Her voice really was heartbreaking, she constantly thank me for my help and i tried to assure that i am glad to help, because i have received a lot of help too (which is a fact)

So we put her bicycle to the bike shed and she went to her apartment. I said that even if you don't feel dizzy or like that right now, i think you should go to see a doctor anyway, because of a head trauma.

So.. I have somewhat mixed emotions about this. I wish that this whole incident would have never happened, but it did, so i feel good about doing my part to help her out in a messy situation.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Good to hear that people still take the time to help others in need. Especially kids. I like good stories on a Friday Morning. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

That is an awesome deed. I'd have likely felt and done the same. Kudos to you my friend.

And you're right, it's not necessarily the intent of the act, it's knowing how we'd be with ourself. I empathise with so many people, I cannot help but imagine myself in their circumstance, which leads me to feel compelled to help, as I'd hope someone would help me.

I actually studied to become someone to help others, but.. it starts with yourself. I have a lot of things to deal with. But I can still do as I do, which is sit with someone, and just let them have an honest, open ear. I used to sit with the homeless here all the time. You see a spark emerge from that, they're not being judged, controlled, just someone to listen to them. They become themselves, not a judged caricature of who they appear.

It's something I don't think many people realise... the ignorance of society can make you feel hidden, lost..

Helping this kid was not an act of kindness, but my personal necessity, as was helping that girl out the other week. I had to not be just another person who ignored them.

I know I am a brash, arrogant fool when I am online, I don't have a social circle. I prefer solitude.. But if I can touch someone at their most needed time, with a kind word or a good intent, it gives me pause... I can see the world without blinkers on. if for a moment, I can elicit a smile, or give someone hope..

then it's been worth every suffering moment I've experienced. Sometimes we ignore the trees, despite them selflessly providing us shelter from the harsh sun, the brutal wind or the incessant rain.. and we walk away... but as a tree, I will always be there, regardless.. it's just me.

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Nice story! For a moment i had to think of stephen kings new book ‚the institute‘.🧟‍♂️

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

The kid was very calm and composed. which is rare, given most 7ish year olds.

Oh god, I hope the lady at the retirement village is ok!!!

haha..

:/

I hope his dad does reply, at some point. I want to know why someone puts their young kid in a uber that doesn't drop him off at the correct address and with no way to contact him...

posted on Oct, 11 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I hope his dad does reply, at some point. I want to know why someone puts their young kid in a uber that doesn't drop him off at the correct address and with no way to contact him...

Some people just don't care. Maybe they care about themselves, maybe not even that. Deal with it. It is easy for me to shout here from my laptop, i can't deal with that fact either.

new topics

top topics

join