It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don’t black holes lead to a hard rock? Thought play

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Scientist claim black holes cut through space time. Doesn’t it make more sense that the center is simply matter compressed to its smallest, hardest state without any space time at all? Everything that falls in becomes part of this dense matter clump?

Could All the Space-Time be squeezed out from between the matter causing the warped space time around the black holes?

No white hole, no worm hole in there, just some very dense matter where all the “Space-Time” has been displaced by gravity. Fly to center of black hole and survive you would just bump your head into a maximumly dense mass of trapped, spaceless infinitely hard, timeless matter.

To use a BH for time travel or worm holes, you would do that outside where all the warped and displaced space-time exists. Maybe enough energy and warped space there to connect a wormhole between galaxies? At least at a quantum level?

Anyway, I think it is obvious that there is no holes or exit points in the center. It’s just a dense rock of some kind where time may no longer exist for the matter there. It is trapped in a frozen dense state where time no longer effects it.

Space supposedly exist between all particles? Maybe not in a black hole? Space and time has been squeezed out like water from a sponge?

I think time mat also be a result of interactions between space and matter. Isolate the two and time stops there. Maybe in black holes? The space and time outside of black holes is in a chaotic state. Matter coming near and orbiting is in a constant state of flux being transformed by time into and out of various states of matter until it reaches beyond the event horizon were it joins the timeless dense clump and all the space that existed within that matter is now ejected into the chaotic time soup outside the EH. That matters lost space now gives the black hole it’s gravity pushing the dense clump even more.

Maybe I’ll come back and continue these thoughts if anyone enjoys them.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

It raises a great question (and I am no astrophysicist or anything of the sort, so forgive my ignorance if I sound misinformed)... I've always wondered if we know black holes are prevalent in our universe, why do we never see "white holes" or the exit "hole" at the other end? Is matter simply "teleporting" to another dimension altogether, or perhaps white holes aren't a thing and instead the matter is taking on a new form that we are not able to see at all?

Fascinating thought experiment and cool idea for a thread!

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Some physicists theorize our Big Bang was the result of a star collapsing to black hole in another previously existing space-time dimension.

What are white holes phy.org

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
just an opinion...

the Atomic space between Electrons and a Nucleus...might collapse, maybe by 60%, in our Space-Time Reality

thus allowing 60% more physical mass to fit into a certain Volume...But, Gravity itself remains constant and enough Atomic 'Space' remains for the sub-Atomic particles to function (as Quantum mechanics allows/ordains)

I recall the theories that Black-Holes in our universe get triggered into White-Holes in other /universes in the Multi-verse

Black Holes don't/can't become infinitely Dense... packed So tightly that No vibration can exist between Quanta/Quarks/Sub-Atomic energies

Again... my guess is a 60% limit on material density....and the 'Trigger' is activated

the Trigger could be a WhiteHole in universe B
or the Trigger might be the faster expansion of our Universe that was theorized long ago, with Atoms popping into existence….then out-of existence...by way of the Higgs Boson that has been proven-to-be-Real

so No White Hole... but a Giant Sieve above the Universe, sprinkling time-space atoms, like powdered Sugar on our Universe Donut
edit on th31157071925310542019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Scientist claim black holes cut through space time. Doesn’t it make more sense that the center is simply matter compressed to its smallest, hardest state without any space time at all? Everything that falls in becomes part of this dense matter clump?

Could All the Space-Time be squeezed out from between the matter causing the warped space time around the black holes?

A matter clump that takes up no space would be a singularity. Is that what you are trying to say?

No white hole, no worm hole in there, just some very dense matter where all the “Space-Time” has been displaced by gravity. Fly to center of black hole and survive you would just bump your head into a maximumly dense mass of trapped, spaceless infinitely hard, timeless matter.

Gravity without spacetime does not make sense, as gravity is the curvature of spacetime (from relativistic pov).

To use a BH for time travel or worm holes, you would do that outside where all the warped and displaced space-time exists. Maybe enough energy and warped space there to connect a wormhole between galaxies? At least at a quantum level?

Wormholes require exotic matter, violating known physics.

Anyway, I think it is obvious that there is no holes or exit points in the center. It’s just a dense rock of some kind where time may no longer exist for the matter there. It is trapped in a frozen dense state where time no longer effects it.

It is not obvious at all. Different people might have different opinions about what is going on inside the event horizon.

Space supposedly exist between all particles? Maybe not in a black hole? Space and time has been squeezed out like water from a sponge?

Not sure what you mean here. Are you argue that particles somehow exist outside of space(time)? How would that even work?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thank you. Appreciate the knowledge of the subject you have.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Gravity without spacetime does not make sense, as gravity is the curvature of spacetime (from relativistic pov).

I think the Gravity along with Space and time would be external to the “clump”. Clump itself would be devoid of all that or maybe 60% devoid? The Singularity would exist but exist outside our space-time. It is isolated from what we know.

Wormholes require exotic matter, violating known physics.

I have not really thought this through but maybe, if any of my thoughts are right, the exotic stuff would exist just outside the Singularity?

Not sure what you mean here. Are you argue that particles somehow exist outside of space(time)? How would that even work?

Not sure what the particles become in the clump. What ever they were no longer exist as they no longer contain space or time when part of the “Singularity”. Guess that is better than “clump” =).
edit on 10-10-2019 by Xeven because: Update

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Interesting thread.

I would also wonder why black holes are different sizes...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
I think most scientist believe that Supermassive black holes exist at the center of most if not all Galaxies.

I think they have some evidence of smaller black holes orbiting companion stars and stealing their gas.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

I think the idea is to think outside the mainstream box. If you always play by the 'rules' of what science currently dictates, then you would seldom find alternative solutions to anything. Scientist themselves can't even come to a final conclusion whether black holes exist or not.

I think something as unknown as this would be open game for pretty much any idea or theory, no matter how off it sounds from your 'solid' mainstream science. He doesn't claim to be a scientist and knows little about the subject. Doesn't mean he can't theorize or speculate.

Save your rain for a rainy day

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You would have the space between the innards of an atom, space between the atoms that make the molecules and space between the molecules and so forth.

As I understand it, the space within atoms are 99.9% empty and the distances more vast than the solar system if you scale it up.

Still, everything has a planck value - the point at which something caves in on itself to form a black hole (I'm not 100% on the specs on this since when I try to look it up, I'm directed all over the place).

I've imagined black holes to be 'something' that you can't see because it creates a gravity so strong that it bends light around it so you can't see what's behind or within it. Not so much that it doesn't let light escape but bends it to where you don't see what's inside.

Then, what do I know
Still fun to think about. It's one of my 'fall asleep' thoughts that actually get me to cave from the stressful wakeful rumble and ramblings in my head at night.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This thread is more intelligent than you think.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
black hole THEORY is based on a fantasy concept called: 'infinite density'...

yeah, show me the proof of the single measured infinite anything in a lab...

everything in this universe is FINITE, so DENSITY CANNOT BE INFINITE,
nothing is infinite...

is light speed infinite?

it's not

edit on 1020191011000000am1011America/Chicago10 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ummm...matter is merely..."rest energy"...

At some point of compression...the matter introduced into a black hole would simply revert to it's non rest energy state...

IMO...for what it's worth...that center would be energy...bottled by the electromagnetic forces of the black hole...

Then if the black hole condenses into a white hole...the energy would squirt out into the newly formed universe and coalesce back into matter...

IMO...of course...

YouSir
edit on 10-10-2019 by YouSir because: added clarity was in order...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
or the Trigger might be the faster expansion of our Universe that was theorized long ago, with Atoms popping into existence….then out-of existence...by way of the Higgs Boson that has been proven-to-be-Real

If only we can find a way to tap into the source of the dark energy powering the expansion of the Universe all our energy problems would be solved.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro

Finite is so boring. I doubt very much there is anything finite about the Universe we live in.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Scientist themselves can't even come to a final conclusion whether black holes exist or not.

Republicans compassion for their fellow man. There's your evidence of a black hole.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Scientist themselves can't even come to a final conclusion whether black holes exist or not.

Republicans compassion for their fellow man. There's your evidence of a black hole.

Why does this have to be about politics?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In this scientist's Opinion, what we call "stars" are "Black Hole's Bumholes" and it's the opposite opn the 'other side' of one

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

In this scientist's Opinion, what we call "stars" are "Black Hole's Bumholes" and it's the opposite opn the 'other side' of one

Ummm...so what bumhole would be representative of a...galaxy center super massive black hole...?

I don't think...(meaning I don't know...but will comment anyways)...there are stars that would be massive enough to qualify as the big butt...

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my ass-uming…

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join