It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my Air fryer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Do you have one yet? If not get one you will not regret it.

Everything is better out of an air fryer. I have not used my microwave in 6 months .

Frozen fries, tots, burritos, homemade pizza, chicken fried steak, pork tenderloins, biscuits, corn dogs,

Hot dogs taste better than off the grill, hamburgers , steak, diced breakfast potatoes , reheat a pizza it taste like it was just delivered.

We get the sea fresh frozen shrimp and it is amazing out of the thing.

If we are cooking we are using the air fryer for something.

We always just google how to air fry __________

Who else has one?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hyperlexic

Great for potatoes. Cut them up to 1" size, roll them around in a bowl with oil, sprinkle on lots of salt, then air fry at 380 for 25 minutes. Your may have to experiment on temp and time based on your own air fryer model.

Another thing that is good is roasting two cups of almonds. Rinse the almonds in a colander so they are wet, spring on salt, air fry for 10 to 12 minutes at default temp.

edit on 9-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Great for potatoes. Cut them up to 1" size, roll them around in a bowl with oil, sprinkle on lots of salt, then air fry at 380 for 25 minutes. Your may have to experiment on temp and time based on your own air fryer model.

Yes i dice them throw them in the air fryer at 400 spray with a little olive oil just so they dont stick together shake a few times and they just turn out perfect.

i eat alot more potatoes now frozen and peeled and diced . probably a bad thing but damm I like potatoes.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Another thing that is good is roasting two cups of almonds. Rinse the almonds in a colander so they are wet, spring on salt, air fry for 10 to 12 minutes at default temp.

Oh man I have not tried that yet. getting some almonds tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

At the grocery store near me they charge way too much for roasted almonds!!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I like the infomercials. Thought about getting one then realized I have double ovens. I have two large air fryers!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I like the infomercials. Thought about getting one then realized I have double ovens. I have two large air fryers!

Are they convection ovens?

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Got an old deep fryer the oil kind. Never heard of the air fryer before. But it looks way cleaner then the mess the deep fryer leaves. Seems like its something that you could use every day for a bunch of various things.

But! And I looked it up online, the oil fryr at least to some cooks a more tastier product in the end. So I quess for general purpose every day, it would be better then a microwave on most foods, and you dont have to mess around with a bath of oil, but this guy in this vid, gives the nod to the deep fryer in the taste department.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I actually prefer the air fryer over the deep fryer on everything.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I dont know man. Would have to compare and contrast on certain things.

But as a daily usage thing, for sure it would be better then the deep fryer in convenience of use on many foods.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I dont know man. Would have to compare and contrast on certain things.

But as a daily usage thing, for sure it would be better then the deep fryer in convenience of use on many foods.

I think the air fryer makes frozen food from the store taste like it was intended to taste.

Sometimes when I microwave stuff it just turns out terrible and it would ruin certain things for me.

Like the frozen chimichangas and burritos . But man out of the airfryer they taste great and they are crispy .

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Damit guy. I'm sold. crispy chimichangas, does not get better then that short of having a replicator around.

Nuking your food was a bad idea to begin with anyways. Who needs a microwave, there like ancient relics.

Next time Im in the market, will get a air fryer.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Damit guy. I'm sold. crispy chimichangas, does not get better then that short of having a replicator around.

Nuking your food was a bad idea to begin with anyways. Who needs a microwave, there like ancient relics.

Next time Im in the market, will get a air fryer.

great please post here and let me know how you like it.

Yeah im ready to just toss the microwave. Trying to figure out a good way to heat up my coffee in there so I dont need the MW.

edit on 10-10-2019 by hyperlexic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wow there dude. Said I will get one next time I am in the market. Could be a long while though, talking really long here. Usually I don't buy new things till something breaks, and well, you could be waiting a bit for my review.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Wow there dude. Said I will get one next time I am in the market. Could be a long while though, talking really long here. Usually I don't buy new things till something breaks, and well, you could be waiting a bit for my review.

lol...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hyperlexic

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Are they convection ovens?

A convection oven is nothing more than a fan forced oven, just like an air fryer only bigger...

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

An air fryer is like a mini convection oven on steroids.
You can put a frozen chicken breast in there and cook it in 20 min or less.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I used mine a LOT when I first got it.
Frozen breast, fried pickles, whatever I could find really..
The only bad thing about them (mine anyway) is it's kind of a pain to clean, and even though I have the big one, tha basket is too small sometimes, as you can't fill it up all the way like an oil fryer, or you won't get an even cook.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So far I have resisted the temptation to get an air fryer. But wow, the infomercials have a full-court press going on about them. Seems like you can find an infomercial about one 24x7.

From everything I read they're 'okay' for doing very small batches of things (like for one person), but not very good at all for doing more than this.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I love my air fryer! It's great for reheating fried chicken to keep it crispy.

I also like making crab cakes and salmon cakes in it so that the outside has a crispier crust than pan fry or oven baking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join