It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worthless TWATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Through a process of non-complex experimentation I have just discovered that a TWATS vote now carries a value to the receiver of just 20 ATS points.

Anyone know how and why the TWATS currency devaluation took place?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I noticed it about a month ago... not sure why though.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It is a more spectacular collapse in currency value than either the USD or the Sierre Leone leone.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Inflation?

Does it matter?
What you going to spend your points on anyhow?
Personally, if your simply trying to be a TWAT for the points, what is the point?
Satisfaction and the slight recognition of a 'job well done' would suffice?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
masked avatar
can you explain to me the difference between WATS and TWATS, and also what the previous point expectations were? If you would rather refer me to a FAQ, that's cool too.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Personally, if your simply trying to be a TWAT for the points, what is the point?
Satisfaction and the slight recognition of a 'job well done' would suffice?

I can't help but laugh when I see TWAT used in such a manner.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry...but would someone care to explain to me what the non-vulgar defintion of TWAT is?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I'm sorry...but would someone care to explain to me what the non-vulgar defintion of TWAT is?

The Way Above Top Secret Award
otherwise known as WATS

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In economic analysis, we care for the facts, not the feelgood factor of the spend, LOL.

A long long time ago, in a galaxy not far away, for a short time, the hypothetical-becoming-real value of 150,000 ATS points was an X-Box, then the value was pegged at a cent a point!

Inflation does not account for this trend: 250 points down to 20 points. Anyone else?

(I am sorry that the previous post* smacks of "cover-up" in the poster's most usual vein, LOL).

* The previous post being referred to here is that of Seekerof himself. This apparent blunder is primarily explained by typing efficiency and the length of this current post as compared with the ones that interpolated themselves.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I thought it was like The Way Above Above Top Secret Award....(which would have two A's)...glad to know I'm not too much of a newbie

thank you!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
They are discussing "The Way Above Top Secret" award. You can vote several times a month for someone and the person who garners the most votes each month gets a medal under their name.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
WyrdeOne

TWATS = WATS with a T, yes. There is a whole secret society of them.

Seekerof broke the cardinal rule, however: "The Way Above Top Secret" award is an acronym, and not a plural.

The previous points value of a member's vote was 250.

All academic and interesting.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm not getting your point MA. I think Twats is the single most important award we have, ie: the nod from your peers. As staff we can give applause but that is from 1 person. Wats is from everyone. Points are meaningless after the first month, having members saying that you made a difference............. priceless. I wish I had had that, even once.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

I can't help but laugh when I see TWAT used in such a manner.

Hehehe, thanks parrhesia, I seemed to have left off the 's'....oppps.

MA (MaskedAvatar),
As to what happened to the original value of 250, I am not aware of the change.
Honestly, never payed no mind to it.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
MA,

Didn't I read somewhere that you won a TWATS award at some point in the past? If so, where's your medal?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm not getting your point MA.

You are right, no points to give you!

But if I voted for someone, they would now get 20 points not 250, and the question is simply "why"?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
MA,

If so, where's your medal?

The medal stays with the winner for one month.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess I don't know enough about TWATS...I see seekerof always has his though.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hmm, I guess I don't know enough about TWATS...I see seekerof always has his though.

He won WATS of the year (2003)

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If it's any consolation,

You have voted MaskedAvatar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Deep

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join