It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study shows e-cig smoke causes cancer and DNA damage in mice

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
While I do agree with you that based on the report the scope is limited, however, research with mice is well understood and there is a huge body of data so I would take the claim seriously.

The issue with the vaping is not the nicotine (which in and of itself well understood) per say but with whatever lies in the vape juice that is perhaps the culprit.

True... I've vaped juice before that gave me heartburn...

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Agreed... I won't vape in public or on the highway if I can be seen.

The issues stem from THC pens and people who never smoked before.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: FredT

Agreed... I won't vape in public or on the highway if I can be seen.

The issues stem from THC pens and people who never smoked before.

Yeah we see that here in CA with edibles. The legal ones are lab tested and pretty powerful. People over do it and get into trouble

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

This is exactly what I am saying!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I'm really at the point where I'd not raise a stink if they did simply outlaw nicotine products and get it over with. Those 40 years I was hooked probably cost me a decade or two off my potential lifespan, so I have no fond memories of lighting up.

I am opposed to the extreme taxation as a punishment and the over regulation of the products. As long as it remains legal, that should not be the case. Either outlaw it or treat it like any other legal thing to do. One or the other needs to happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yeah I kind of agree with that. Part of me thinks all of it should just be banned/eliminated. Of course that'll never happen because there is way to much money to be made from sales to sickness. As a former smoker another part of me has sympathy for those who smoke. But you're right, one thing or the other needs to happen!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
The mice exposed without nicotine did NOT develop cancer.

Next point:

These mice were surrounded by e-cig "smoke" 24/7.

Seems to me they've shown that nicotine is a carcinogen, the other health issues besides cancer are most likely from living in a fog of vapor. However I would expect the carcinogenic properties of nicotine to be quite well studied and understood... I just did a quick search and the first results all claim that nicotine does not cause cancer. Seems to me there is something suspicious going on with this study, or mice are affected very differently by nicotine than humans are.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join