It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 new Moons discovered near Saturn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Over my time as a Conspiracy theorists there have been numerous accounts of Conspiracy theorists stating there is possibly "intelligent activity" in SATURN Space. It would be amazing to find out there are crafts within the SOL System appearing as moons

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

In October 2016, NASA's Cassini spacecraft captured of its last looks at Saturn and its main rings. Nearly three years later, astronomers have announced the discovery of 20 small moons orbiting Saturn, bringing the planet's total up to 82.

Today, astronomers announced that they have discovered 20 more moons around Saturn, bringing its total number to 82—the most for any planet in the solar system. The massive haul comes just over a year after astronomers announced 12 new moons orbiting Jupiter, but with the latest finds, Saturn’s retinue now surpasses Jupiter’s 79 known natural satellites.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A favorite thread of mine.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't understand how these moons haven't been found before?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread showing this object

W00039343
27 Nov 07

emitting something...
Seen here

W00039357
27 Nov 07

W00039356
27 Nov 07

W00039355
27 Nov 07

W00039354
27 Nov 07

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Does boggle the mind

a reply to: PurpleFox

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Thanks ATS member mikesingh

edit on 10/8/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hopefully in time more detailed information about SOL System moons are catalogued for studying.
edit on 10/8/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox

They are tiny.

Saturn’s newfound moons are all about three miles wide. They are so faint, they lie just about at the detection limit for the Subaru telescope, a facility atop Hawaii’s Mauna Kea volcano used in their detection.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

So, I just read the thread you suggested and went back to an earlier thread a year earlier about the same topic in 06’. I’m pretty sure I have looked at these before but never voiced an opinion.

Space ships 30,000 miles long in saturns rings? That’s a lot to swallow. What are your thoughts on that. He said a lot of things over the years but that is a doozy.

Reminds me over a thread where bbt are dream makers and earth ships are flying up to connect with them so the galactic space force can zoom thru space. That was also a lot to swallow.

Thoughts?

Oh and both those ideas were from different users.
edit on 8-10-2019 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: PurpleFox

They are tiny.

Saturn’s newfound moons are all about three miles wide. They are so faint, they lie just about at the detection limit for the Subaru telescope, a facility atop Hawaii’s Mauna Kea volcano used in their detection.

Thanks for this 👌🏼

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Three miles wide sounds like they need a demotion and a long talk with pluto about where they fit into in this crazy universe.

I just looked briefly and couldn’t find it. What are the size parameters to being a moon? Is it detailed or very abstract?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Space ships 30,000 miles long in saturns rings? That’s a lot to swallow. What are your thoughts on that.

30,000 mile craft is a large size object either natural (a piece of a planet or moon) or unnatural... Considering the size of SATURN in comparison to EA*RTH.

If there is intelligent activity there it wouldn't be too farfetched to consider what the potential technology there could build. I'm not saying it's there, I am saying off world technology may build things faster and more complex then on world here.
Good question

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Saturn is a very greedy planet. How many moons do you want?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
2 moons please 😬

a reply to: contextual

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Three miles wide sounds like they need a demotion and a long talk with pluto about where they fit into in this crazy universe.

I just looked briefly and couldn’t find it. What are the size parameters to being a moon? Is it detailed or very abstract?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank you

a reply to: SeaWorthy

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Just in case you're interesting in what's actually going on in that picture.

When the cameras take an image of something like a moon with a very bright Saturn just out of view, light shining from the planet can reflect off parts of the inside of the camera and onto the sensor. The inside of each camera is coated with a black non-reflective substance to minimize this scattered light. Still, some light does get in and the result can be rays or large fuzzy circles of light.

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

You can get a better version of that image here:
solarsystem.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join