It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISQUITOES!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Ever notice that after 5 days in the bush without showering: the mistakquoes and black-flies don't bite nearly as much ?
Just sayin...

Also: they seem attracted to a well washed and perfumed person.

Another trick is to use "Skin-So-Soft", or to smother your skin and hair in a clean oil, like coconut oil, really keeps them from biting.
Have heard that the thin layer of oil makes it hard for them to land-on, and bite through to the skin.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

They recently decided to do that in the county that I grew up in.
I'm upset about it..

I don't get how citizens did not get a say in it. 'they' just decided to do it.
What really grinds my gears about it, is that they are doing it THIS week.
Mosquitos will die off naturally in a week or two.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: network dude

Thanks ND! I appreciate the advice. I’m going to try Jag’s less expensive route. If it doesn’t work, I’ll be calling your company. 🍻

The funny thing is that we started spraying ourselves because the franchised mosquito guys were so busy they couldn't give us a date. They said it would be within a 3 week period.. huh! We ended up taking a gamble on that spray and it works.
We have a very large property and couldn't spray it all. You can clearly tell where the spray starts/stops, almost like an invisible wall. It is bee safe, I can guarantee that because I garden a lot and I know for a fact bee's were there the next day but I didn't have any mosquitoes biting me.

As far as the franchised mosquito business, I know here they are doing very well, maybe too well!

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

They recently decided to do that in the county that I grew up in.
I'm upset about it..

I don't get how citizens did not get a say in it. 'they' just decided to do it.
What really grinds my gears about it, is that they are doing it THIS week.
Mosquitos will die off naturally in a week or two.

At one time people did have a choice, though if you have one house that wants the spraying and a house nearby that doesn't, the chemicals are still spreading with the wind. I am not happy about the chemicals, but there have been deaths due to the EEE. What the hell purpose do mosquitos have anyway? I'm sure bats and whatever use them as a food source can find better things to eat. I like bats. Maybe we just need more bats. Lol

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I like bats too, lol.
We are actually putting up a bat house for our furry friends on our garage.

I've wondered (but never looked up) what point mosquitos serve. Besides food, I can't think of one.
nuke 'um, I say

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join