It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popeye's Chicken is Racist!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Well, if you'd taken the time to actually "read" the thread you'd have seen things a little differently, but no.

It has nothing to do with me getting some crappy food, the crappy food is just what they can get away with due to their marketing practices...which, for your information, is the part which seems racist. But you wouldn't know this, because you didn't read it.

Bye now! Have a great interwebz.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

Well, if you'd taken the time to actually "read" the thread you'd have seen things a little differently, but no.

It has nothing to do with me getting some crappy food, the crappy food is just what they can get away with due to their marketing practices...which, for your information, is the part which seems racist. But you wouldn't know this, because you didn't read it.

Bye now! Have a great interwebz.

I did read it and it still comes off as a self righteous customer complaint gone too far. Ridiclous notion. There are far more pressing issue with regards to racism.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh come off it. It's Popey's angle in their advertising to play up the ethnic thing.

But of course, you can't win by pointing that out. If a white person does it, that's racist, and if there was no ethnic angle, blacks would be upset at lack of representation in the media which is also racist.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

BINGO!!

That's exactly the essence of what I was trying to get at. You said it better than I did.

edit on 10/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Where you getting your Popeye's?

I ask that because I once had Qdoba and I thought it was the worst fast food I've ever tasted.
I gave it a try ten years later and it was something completely different. Sometimes locations can make
a huge impact on the same meal.

It is hands down my favorite fried chicken chain.

I have a relative from Kentucky that has made homemade fried chicken for 50+ years and Popeye's is their favorite too.
We know our fried chicken.

Yes they do market to a certain demographic. As does every other food place.

edit on 8-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Black people are genetically predisposed to liking chicken.

Almost everyone is genetically predisposed to liking fried chicken.

The problem is that most cultures really don't know how to fry it properly.
I've met very few people in my life that really know how to fry & season chicken.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Alpine. Miles better than any KFC.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

white people's chicken

Could be wrong, but I think that is called "Turkey". Or maybe Turkey is Indigenous People's chicken?

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Now that you mention it...white meat and dark meat designation is offensive.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
The popeyes in my neck of the woods is damn good.

same here. One opened in the past year and I have eaten there about 3 times and it was all good.

and plenty of meat on the bones.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've only tried Popeye's a couple of times and found it to be not good. Does anyone remember when Hardee's used to do fried chicken? Their fried chicken and biscuits were superior to even the vaunted KFC.
IMO.

My all-time favorite takeout fried chicken was from a chain called Sisters Chicken and Biscuits. As good as it was, I can't believe they're not still around. At least not around central Indiana.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I've found Popeyes is a location by location restaurant, which isn't great because consistency is key.

If you ever get the chance to hit a Bojangles though, do it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I've been known to dip down into Kentucky occasionally. I'll see if I can work a Bojangles into the mix next time. There are items I like as well as fried chicken, but nothing is better.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just gonna pop in here to shamelessly promote Chick-Fil-A's spicy chicken sandwiches as the most godly spicy chicken sandwiches that ever existed.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I've met very few people in my life that really know how to fry & season chicken.

Just about every culture has their own variant of fried chicken. Even vegans like it, but they have to use fake chicken if they want to eat it.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Just about every culture has their own variant of fried chicken. Even vegans like it, but they have to use fake chicken if they want to eat it.

Yes, but if I use the "Soul Food Seasoning" in my breading, then is that cultural appropriation??? I mean I want to be PC and not offend anyone.

Im genetically predisposed to preferring red meat. No breading and rare or medium rare. The husband prefers chicken breasteses. None of that darkie meat.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Now I'm craving some fried yard-bird.
I think I'll be hitting Gus's in bit.
Best fried chicken in Austin.
Just thinking about it activated my salivary glands.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why pick on fattys? Its probably a salt/sugar craving or "I've got a gun and I dont believe you've sold out" "Who needs belief when a gun solves the problem? /sarcasm"

Well the article did not say who it was, but it comes down to two protected minorities, black people, which could be. Or fattys, who get pissed and make a scene when they get a pickle on there sandwich, and somehow are considered handicapped for being fat, when they could literally just walk that handicap off.

But I looked it up, and turns out the guy had dreads, and a face tattoo and was in a group when he pulled the gun out. Then he ran out of there.

So ya, some black dude waving around his gun, could not been a fatty if he ran out of there. So I was wrong, turns out it was not a fatty.

But still, lets not encourage and put on a pedestal, what is a totally curable condition.

posted on Oct, 8 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Thats what I am saying, there chicken is not bad, not the best, but not bad. And how many fast food joints do you know who have mashed tatters that do not taste like it was made in a Chinese lab then shipped to Indonesia for processing, and then shipped to your local fast food joint?

I cant think of any that is halfway decent. And there gravy is better then KFC's.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Eats fast food : Is shocked it's bad

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join