It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just tweeted about his "great and unmatched wisdom" while threatening Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I thought this was some kind of joke at first so I checked his actual Twitter page and sure enough, it's there:

if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey
Source

Look, I'm extremely glad that he beat Hillary and all, and I'm totally all for his crusade against the lying manipulative MSM outlets and internet censorship, but sometimes he says stupid things. This time I think it went beyond stupid.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I need that tweet to be read in Sassy Trump voice;

No love for Turkey, but that was douchecanoe lol

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
meh... *deleted post*
edit on 10/7/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: took the troll bait

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

He deserves whatever critisim he gets over this. That was straight up full retard!!!

And yes, I'm a Trump supporter.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Double post
edit on 7-10-2019 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whoops double post...
edit on 10/7/2019 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hes a troll. And hes a good one.

I believe this is just for his own amusement. Im amused as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i have no problem with it. Turkey is ran by a really messed up dude. He needs to be talked down to in any case of conversation with him.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

So the problem is with the wording of "great and unmatched wisdom" but if he had left that little bit out, Everyone is fine with what he is DOING?

I get it... should he say half the things he says or pronounce it YUGE, maybe not... but is he doing a great job, and do we care about the words that much?... He can come out tomorrow and say "I in my great and unmatched wisdom, do declare that all ducks were once chickens!" and I would ask..... "so? but my taxes were lowered right? ok cool"

You seem to be selectively ignoring the fact that both my thread title and post also mentioned his threat to Turkey.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Trump's threat is meant as a warning to Turkey not to do anything that looks like genocide against the Kurds. That's the only legitimate reason for US forces to be anywhere within a thousand miles of Syria. Certainly the Syrian civil war is none of our damn business. Assad may be a bad guy, but so are the Rebels. The rebel groups are all either Al Quaida affiliates, or they're proxy groups for the CIA, MI6, Mossad, etc.

My guess as to what will actually happen is the Kurds will quickly reconcile with the Syrian government, who will then re-occupy the territory to stop any potential Turkish aggression. That's almost certainly been the goal all along.
edit on 7-10-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Trump's threat is meant as a warning to Turkey not to do anything that looks like genocide against the Kurds. That's the only legitimate reason for US forces to be anywhere within a thousand miles of Syria. Certainly the Syrian civil war is none of our damn business. Assad may be a bad guy, but so are the Rebels. The rebel groups are all either Al Quaida affiliates, or they're proxy groups for the CIA, MI6, Mossad, etc.

My guess as to what will actually happen is the Kurds will quickly reconcile with the Syrian government, who will then re-occupy the territory to stop any potential Turkish aggression. That's almost certainly been the goal all along.

That's all fine... But regardless of whether or not Turkey deserves to be threatened, there are more appropriate ways of doing so than publicly on Twitter immediately after telling the entire world about your "great and unmatched wisdom". This doesn't make him look like a strong leader, it makes him look like a child having a tantrum.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
so trump puts an knife in the back of the kurds … giving Turkey an free to go for an another genoside as the armeens…
kurds protect the iss prisoncamps so moore than reasonble that they let the iss troops go... let erdogan handle the iss by himself than…
bah bah bah…
look who the real terrorsts are... for an handfull of dollars it makes trump the "judas" of this century !

edit on 7-10-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Trump is completely off the rails over impeachment and is pulling out all stops to deflect and try to own the news cycle.

Tail wagging the dog much?

He might just start a war with (who? Canada?) to get the media off the topic of the inevitable impeachment,

He has lost it, and is screeching REEEEEEEEEEE into the wind...
edit on 7-10-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The wisdom to pull out of Syria is indeed great.
As for unmatched, well that's quite a claim, howvever compared to past Presidents and war mongers in the US Congress, he's more or less correct on that point too.

Poor liberals and Neocons won't get to play war with other peoples lives. How terrible for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Trump is completely off the rails over impeachment and is pulling out all stops to deflect and try to own the news cycle.

He might just start a war with (who? Canada?) to get the media off the topic of the inevitable impeachment,

But he's not impeached. How can he be off the rails for something that has not happened. If you mean potential impeachment inquiry then maybe but saying straight up impeachment is putting the cart way before the horse. The whole process will take damn near a year and right now it has not even started.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well, that's going to make some tears well up in hatred.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The unmatched wisdom of Donald Trump..

Yeah. About that..

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It's hard to imagine what would qualify as "off limits" by Trump's unmatched wisdom. I mean, he protected the Saudi guy who had a journalist chopped up, he's silent of China's aggression against the Hong Kong protesters, and the human rights violations of certain religious factions within their borders, or North Korea's human right's violations.

I guess anything that adversely affects is political outlook.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

I think impeachment will happen by Thanksgiving.

The crime is out in the open.

A now-public whistleblower complaint details reports “from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign county in the 2020 U.S. election.” The complaint describes a July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky during which Trump pressured the Ukranian president to investigate one of Trump’s political rivals. The White House has released a summary of the July 25 call that corroborates the whistleblower’s account. In particular, the call summary indicates that, with Congressional aid for Ukraine on hold, Trump told Zelensky that U.S. support for his country has not always been “reciprocal,” and then asked Zelensky for a “favor”: to work with Trump’s personal attorney, as well as the U.S. Attorney General, to investigate Trump’s potential 2020 rival, Joe Biden. Tweetable quote: These facts not only reflect a startling abuse of executive power; they also unambiguously demonstrate that Trump broke the law by soliciting valuable assistance to his reelection efforts from a foreign government.

campaignlegal.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

originally posted by: HanyManny

But he's not impeached. How can he be off the rails for something that has not happened. If you mean potential impeachment inquiry then maybe but saying straight up impeachment is putting the cart way before the horse. The whole process will take damn near a year and right now it has not even started.

That kind of their thing though. If you take that away, what would they have?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join