It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sphinx controversy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
in 1996 hawass of egypt said they discovered tunnels under the sphinx and under the pyrimads..but nothing has been done about..are they afraid of what they will find.Also the data dating the sphinx says it is maybe 7500 years older then orginally thought.Maybe it would change everything for egypt about its history,which they refuse to change.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
if they dont go under the sphynx, i will, please donate to my paypal account $850 so i may fly to egypt, then somebody give me rights to egyptian land so i can be there all day and night, and someone come with me cuz i dont wanna be down there all alone and if not, donate $8 for a teddy bear for myself. lol

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver wolverine
in 1996 hawass of egypt said they discovered tunnels under the sphinx and under the pyrimads..but nothing has been done about

Hawass noted that there was a tunnel at the rear of the sphinx, and they sent people down it. He also noted that there were 'tunnels' running down into the sphinx and sent people down it too. He also had ground penetrating studies look at the area around the sphinx, there appeared to be a 'chamber', he dug, and dug, and found that there was no chamber, it was an error. So he has announced these 'tunnels', and he has studied them. They simply didn't 'change the world'.

Also the data dating the sphinx says it is maybe 7500 years older then orginally thought.

There is only a small amount of evidence that supports a greater age of the sphinx, and that is that there is a weathering pattern that some say conforms more to rain weathering than sand weathering, meaning that it might've been built when the sahara was not yet a desert.

which they refuse to change.

Zahi Hawass has one of the most incredible jobs in all of archaeology. His position can only be improved if he's knocking open the lost record chambers of atlantis and if he is the one who completely re-writes the history of all of humanity.
If it was there, it'd be done. THere is more to gain in doing so.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
this is a little off topic but did you know that the face of the sphinx was found on mars hmmm.....

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Tbhe face of the sphinx was not found on mars. Infact, no one ever claimed that it was the same face at all, and the pics were far too undetailed to even make such a statement. Furthermore, the 'face on mars' has reasonably, and not surprisingly, been shown to simply be a trick of shadows. THe human brain looks for patterns, even faces, unintelligible data. I've seen 'the face on mars' in scans of peoples intestines and the like. Its not an actual thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Tbhe face of the sphinx was not found on mars. Infact, no one ever claimed that it was the same face at all, and the pics were far too undetailed to even make such a statement. Furthermore, the 'face on mars' has reasonably, and not surprisingly, been shown to simply be a trick of shadows. THe human brain looks for patterns, even faces, unintelligible data. I've seen 'the face on mars' in scans of peoples intestines and the like. Its not an actual thing.

I'm not so sure about your assumption of the face. It depends on who you ask and what photos you look at. I DO however believe that the general Cydonia region of Mars appears to show some type of "artificial" evidence. Just what exactly that is remains to be determined. Can't wait until further info is gathered!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

That page pretty much cleared it up for me.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
That page pretty much cleared it up for me.

This being a conspiracy website and the attempts to uncover the truth... Why would anyone take what the government puts out as an official release at the absolute truth? This is the same group that said that there were no alien bodies, but crash-test dummies and that it was a single bullet that was involved in the Kennedy assassination.
I just may be to cynical for my own good.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I saw an episode of Digging for the Truth on the History Channel, on Who Built the Pyramids. It was basically a tour of the pyramids and they also went in a passage below the sphinx. It was 60 feet down, and full of water. They said it was the tomb of Osirus, I believe, and there was a sarcofugus, also under water.

Could not find any info or web site showing it.

Tonight at 9:00 will be another episode called Myan Underworld.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by rwatkins]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I found a link with some pictures...

www.guardians.net...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is a link for information about what Hawass has found under the sphyinx.
"Opening The Lost Tombs" - The Tomb Of Osiris

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That face on mars just as well can be a real face but severly eroded.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
That face on mars just as well can be a real face but severly eroded.

No, it can't, becuase it doesn't actually exist. There is not a lack of detail because of erosion. There is a lack of detail because the image simply does not exist.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Neat hole in the ground...too bad it was introduced to the world via a Fox TV special. I would believe a talking purple ostrich before I would believe something from Fox.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i still believe hawass is covering up..like he is one of the protectors of the "end of days" . Which he will not reveil until then.Thanks for all the feedback..
It really does look like a face on Mars.Nasa could easily take a closeup of the site & lay it to rest, once and for all..
Everyone (governments) are so worried about people knowing the truth, like we are all children and can't handle it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If those tunnels are under the sphinx wouldn't it be possible if they do something wrong the whole thing could collapse?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry to be off topic but i have to point out to Wolverine that a closeup of the face of mars was taken and it shows that it is an entirely natural feature.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver wolverine
i still believe hawass is covering up.

So basically you are just clinging to irrational hysterical beleifs even when teh evidence contradicts them.

like he is one of the protectors of the "end of days"

He's a state employed archaeologist.

It really does look like a face on Mars.Nasa could easily take a closeup of the site & lay it to rest, once and for all.

Why should they waste their time doing that? Its obviously not a real feature.

Everyone (governments) are so worried about people knowing the truth, like we are all children and can't handle it.

You do understand that you have demonstrated that you cannot infact handle the truth, and when given the truth, that hawas has reasonably investigated the tunnel/chamber claims, or that there is no reason to think that there's a 'face on mars', that you cling to those irrational and nonsensical beleifs. So why should nasa or 'the government' bother to address your further irrational and nonsensical claims?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The real controversy of the Sphinx is that it appears to be far older than the pyramids themselves...and of a civilization predating the Egyptians... The water erosion evident on it places it at about 10,000 years ago, and it is suspected that it was once of a lion, and then that the Egyptians carved the head of various pharoahs onto it.

I don't think we're going to find the lost storehouse of the Library of Alexandria underneath it or anything...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The real controversy of the Sphinx is that it appears to be far older than the pyramids themselves...and of a civilization predating the Egyptians... The water erosion evident on it places it at about 10,000 years ago,

I would be cautious in attributing the erosion to water. The intial claims have not held up quite as strongly as one would like. It would be great if it was, but the erosion evidence is weak, sensible, but weak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join