It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dare to stand out - no no its religious persecution - "inciting vilification"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So a shop want's to state a clear message they're not Halal certified and they get taken before the thought police.

"Do as we say" "You will conform"

www.news.com.au... 829441420931779edc5f7a81d

A local butcher shop in South Australia has refused to change its shopfront signage despite being told by the Ad Standards it was “inciting hatred” towards Islamic people.

The Valley Butchers in Adelaide became the subject of a complaint to Ad Standards after the shop owners put up a sign that read “non halal certified” on the front of their store, surrounded by smaller stickers of kangaroos and emus.

A complaint over the signage said it “pokes fun of a specific group of people based on religious belief”.

“It is very intentional and obvious,” the complaint continued. “Jokes like this on a public shopfront perpetuate a culture of vilification towards religious minorities that results in harm towards them.”

Valley Butchers defended itself to Ad Standards, saying the sign intended “no malice” towards the community and was simply intended to inform people they didn’t sell halal-certified products.

The business owners explained they’d put the sign in place after receiving a large volume of queries from customers about whether or not their products were halal certified.

Why should the owner be believed - they're part of the "white entitled class" amirite?

But the judgment panel took issue with the sign’s wording and the use of Australian animals, saying it gave the impression Islamic people might not be welcome inside the store.
“Using the phrase ‘non halal certified’ in conjunction with imagery of Australian animals was a suggestion that Islamic dietary practices are not Australian,” the panel said in their judgment, which was handed down in August.

A majority of the panel also ruled the signage gave “a strong impression that people of a certain religion or ethnicity might not be welcome in the store”.

“Had the sign stated ‘not halal approved’ or ‘unfortunately, non halal’ this would be less likely to have been considered discriminatory or vilifying signage,” the Ad Standards panel concluded.

The business has since changed the sign so it now reads “not halal certified” instead of “non halal certified” but is refusing to remove the images of the emus and kangaroos, according to The Daily Mail.

Islamic dietary practices are not Australian,

How dare he proudly say he's Australian. Do not have images of kangaroos on your window - even though as a butcher you probably sell kangaroo meat.

What happening to my Australia?

Islam - the fastest growing "non-event" that's happening right before our eyes!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
"Unfortunately, non halal" needs a testerone injection
edit on 10/6/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Outrage culture at it's finest.
A business owner chooses to advertise they are not halal, so potential customers do not waste time shopping there, and they are vilified.

I pray humanity regains it's sanity before my children are adults.
I suspect it will.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How the hell is that offensive? I had to google "not Halal certified" to even know what the hell it means.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

GTFO - seriously so they do add expensive hormones at butchers shops or are you being cute

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I pray humanity regains it's sanity before my children are adults. I suspect it will.

I doubt it - these wars are cleverly designed. Winner take all in the new century.

"groupthink"

"enjoy you enslavement"

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
another one for the list .

not Halal certified

manhole cover

illegal alien

somebody kill me please.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I pray humanity regains it's sanity before my children are adults. I suspect it will.

I doubt it - these wars are cleverly designed. Winner take all in the new century.

"groupthink"

"enjoy you enslavement"

Indeed these wars are cleverly designed.
They are so cleverly designed the effects are reaching the individuals who designed them.
Clever right?

"Recognize when experience and foresight overtake ideals."

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Offending Christians: perfectly acceptable. In fact, OPENLY SUPPORTED by the ENTIRE “left”

NOT offending islam but being falsely accused of it: OUTRAGE by the “left”

Pathetic? Yes, it is.

(“All priests should be suspected of pedophilia”, a cry I’ve heard many times in this site. Even though “rape culture” describes Islam with 100% accuracy”

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I can tell you that this will only give the Butcher's sales a boost.

Australians generally will be on the butchers side.

Just pathetic.

P

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
To be honest does anyone even know when they eat meat, 'how it was killed'

I'm making a guess it doesn't taste any different?

If eating meat how hypocritical to even pretend you care how it was killed.

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Offending Christians: perfectly acceptable. In fact, OPENLY SUPPORTED by the ENTIRE “left”

NOT offending islam but being falsely accused of it: OUTRAGE by the “left”

Pathetic? Yes, it is.

(“All priests should be suspected of pedophilia”, a cry I’ve heard many times in this site. Even though “rape culture” describes Islam with 100% accuracy”

tell me again what this has to do with lefties ?

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

So is this like the Aussie version of the gay wedding cake, sad it has hit our shores, the PC police are coming for our non halal certified meat. I like an advertisement its straight to the point, most people likely don't know macdonalds and kfc are halal certified yet they don't advertise it, perhaps they should.

I'm so sick of PC culture , its time to offend some some numpties for being numpties and trying to force their #ty beliefs onto others.

edit on 7-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

On the topic of the OP: ridiculous, if you have a business and you are confronted with the same question on a regular basis it would make sense to advertise the answer where everybody can read it.

But I came in this thread to touch on this remark:

If eating meat how hypocritical to even pretend you care how it was killed.

I do!! I buy most my meat from local farmers whom I know care for these animals and slaughter them accordingly. I have been to these mega slaughter houses where you can smell the fear a mile away...belief me...the meat tastes different.

Peace

edit on 7-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah I'm hoping the same. Its hard enough for a butcher to compete with supermarket chains.

top topics

join