It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas City: Gunman on run after four shot dead in bar.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Oo

Right here?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

You know a bigger problem?

People who get so upset with someone else that they feel the only appropriate response is to do their best to respond with deadly force -- guns or no.

Why has that become so common in today's world?

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Guns, probably.

Ionno..

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I suggest we close all bars at midnight.
These shootings always happen after midnight...

So u want them to be less drunk and have better aim ... I dont know if that's a good or a bad thing

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Guns, probably.

Ionno..

Yeah, because it couldn't possibly be that people are themselves deeply flawed. Something else, like a gun, always makes them do it. ---> Psst, that's a flaw right there, but don't tell *them* that.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Guns, probably.

Ionno..

Yeah, because it couldn't possibly be that people are themselves deeply flawed. Something else, like a gun, always makes them do it. ---> Psst, that's a flaw right there, but don't tell *them* that.

I know, lets make it so everyone can have a gun, that way all the derps that can't handle having a gun, has a gun!! Then when we lament the misfortune of a gun owner in a bar, after a few bevvies, goes a little bit postal we can have this discussion!!

Sounds like a plan to me.

And if we even think about the very possibility of those derps not being able to handle a gun, why lets cry havoc! none of that, please.

I really don't know.. but, here we are..
edit on 6-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It was probably a demonic spirit that made him do it, I mean nobody ever does anything because they want to.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It was probably a demonic spirit that made him do it, I mean nobody ever does anything because they want to.

Bars sell spirits..

I think you're on to something here..

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: alldaylong

I'm going with alcohol fueled fued.

Say that fast three times.

"fueled fued"
"fueled fued"
"fueled fued"

Yeah, me either.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hmm ...

I seem to recall there was this group in high school, and I was a part of one of its demonstrations, got taken out of class and had my face painted white by someone dressed like the Grim Reaper to demonstrate that I was "dead" for the rest of the day. They were busy advocating that a substance kids shouldn't have by law, kids still got and then they'd get in cars and drive and end up killing themselves and others despite it being totally not legal in any way for them to do that.

See ... at one point, society decided that substance was so destructive, and it is for those who cannot handle it, that *no one should have access to it, that it should be completely banned, so they tried.

But it didn't work. Those who could not handle that substance and were destructive with it anyways, along with those who plain said "F it. It's my right." found ways to have that substance against that law, and those who weren't afraid of law enforcement and saw monetary opportunity, cashed in big time and ran some of the largest and most dangerous criminal enterprises in this country.

We still have that problem on going over other banned substances society thinks are too dangerous, and on some of them, I still agree to some point because of other programs in society more than because I think those substances should be banned.

But outlawing guns wouldn't be any different than those other things, and these men in their bar fight would likely have been the types to have declared "F it!" to any bans you chose to implement and would have shot at each other anyways.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Bars sell spirits..

I think you're on to something here..

You're right! They do. Someone should outlaw those. I think we're on to something there ... Oh, wait ...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Congrats...and I know its early...but I think you've just won the dumbest thing written I'll read on the internet today award!

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not surprised. KC is pretty rough. Getting into some bars in the area is about like going through airport security. Some areas of the city, spanning several blocks each direction, are barricaded after 10pm and nobody enters without going through a metal detector. Too bad this place didn't have that security.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yea I was just out there a couple days ago and I saw a lot of drug dealing and crazy # just that one night. Even my local crew for the gig seemed pretty rough.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I suggest we confiscate all assault-liquor.

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My dad used to tell me "nothing good happens after midnight..."

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

My dad used to tell me "nothing good happens after midnight..."

Nothing outside the bedroom....

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

So u want them to be less drunk and have better aim ... I dont know if that's a good or a bad thing

I was kidding but as for most jokes, they have some truth in them..
Would less drunk also mean less likely to kill?

I have noticed that this type of thing rarely happens out of the bars at 8:30...

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: LordAhriman

Yea I was just out there a couple days ago and I saw a lot of drug dealing and crazy # just that one night. Even my local crew for the gig seemed pretty rough.

Yeah, I've lived in KC for 20 some years. Outside a few no-go and only go before dark areas, it's not a bad place really, but we get a lot of rough stuff here up the I-35 corridor because we also have I-70 rolling through east/west plus being one of two or three major rail hubs for the country.

Live here long enough and like anything, you learn where to be and no be and when.

Oh, and we have Independence as a 'burb. It used to be the meth capital of Missouri at one point.

edit on 6-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yea I got that vibe for sure...We were supposed to be at The Crossroads venue but due to weather they moved the show to the Madrid Theater which was in one of those more rundown types of places. And yea just like any major city you can always find those areas...least everywhere I've been to thus far.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join